• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#26 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:21 AM

@Elindor, I will give Shinryaku! Ika Musume a try sometime.

I'm watching Shiki right now.

Do it, it was pretty entertaining at times, if not psychologically horrifying.

Felt a little rushed though, as part of my "12 episodes isn't enough" complaint.

#27 Seaner

Seaner
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

The only ones I've really watched are Initial D, Tokyo Tribe2, and Wangan Midnight.

Sub, all the way. The dubs I've listened to sound ridiculous.

#28 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

Hahaha Elin would like Bible Black =P

Subs all the way...Only DBZ dubbed was decent.

One Piece ftw...although the anime is pretty crappy..They have like no funding or rather they just make it bad..

Berserk is getting a new anime so that's one I will be watching too. Monster is a good psychological thriller..

Trigun and Hellsing are decent too..

#29 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

Chicks with a dick? Sometimes two? Yes please.

#30 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

Subs all the way...Only DBZ dubbed was decent.

One Piece ftw...although the anime is pretty crappy..They have like no funding or rather they just make it bad..

Berserk is getting a new anime so that's one I will be watching too. Monster is a good psychological thriller..

Trigun and Hellsing are decent too..

There's a new movie out for trigun, I'm downloading it right now. I'm also going to rewatch berserk (new cg one looks awesome)

#31 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

All my old friends from games love Anime, but I had never really gotten into it. The only series I can say I enjoyed was Case closed years and years ago. I was pretty typical in that I just watched what came on Toonami back when it played Sailor Moon and Gundam wing.

#32 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

Hmm, haven't had time to watch anime or manga...but other than the ones mentioned already, Yakitate Japan and Hunter x Hunter gets a recommendation from me as well.

Yeah, animation team sucks.

Oh god berserk...I don't think that manga will ever finish but it would be nice if it did. The mangaka needs to get back to work already.

#33 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

Hmm, haven't had time to watch anime or manga...but other than the ones mentioned already, Yakitate Japan and Hunter x Hunter gets a recommendation from me as well.

Yeah, animation team sucks.

Oh god berserk...I don't think that manga will ever finish but it would be nice if it did. The mangaka needs to get back to work already.

Haha yea, especially now..It is soo slow, this arc has been kinda crappy..I mean we still have to see the Sprite King(I forgot if it was Elf or Fairy, its been that long) and the resolving of the Band of Hawks and not to mention Casca's memories..bah so slow

#34 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:40 AM

Oh.. Okay, never watched before a dubbed anime. Hahas. Special A is dam hilarious! I read finish the manga first before watching the anime. :X

#35 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:42 AM

Haha yea, especially now..It is soo slow, this arc has been kinda crappy..I mean we still have to see the Sprite King(I forgot if it was Elf or Fairy, its been that long) and the resolving of the Band of Hawks and not to mention Casca's memories..bah so slow

Mangaka's been on a hiatus for a while, I don't really know what he's up to but he's...basically being an otaku. I don't know, it hasn't been the same for a while now, it feels like gatts/gutts hasn't been himself lately :/

#36 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:15 AM

Hunter X Hunter is awesome.

Have you seen all of the seasons? (Lots of greed island ovas)

#37 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

Has anyone watched Shaman King? :X It's a pretty old anime. Hahas.

#38 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

Yeah, the anime sucked compared to the manga for shaman king. I liked the new ending just recently added to it a year or two ago. Also the second generation of it recently came out? Shaman King...flower.

Hunter X Hunter is awesome.

Have you seen all of the seasons? (Lots of greed island ovas)

I've watched and read it(3 times over), Greed island was one of my favorite parts of hunter x hunter. The current ant saga is meh :/

Edited by Faval, 12 January 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#39 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

Yeah, the anime sucked compared to the manga for shaman king. I liked the new ending just recently added to it a year or two ago. Also the second generation of it recently came out? Shaman King...flower.

I've watched and read it(3 times over), Greed island was one of my favorite parts of hunter x hunter. The current ant saga is meh :/

I was going to read the manga but I saw that it hardly gets updated so I didn't :p

Has anyone watched Shaman King? :X It's a pretty old anime. Hahas.

I watched like 10 episodes of it, it felt too generic for me to keep watching. I really hate it when there is a romance thing available but never gets developed at all. Felt the same way for both Law of Ueki and Shaman King

However, YuYu Hakusho is an example of a Shounen done right, although I should finish it :p I watched about 80 episodes of it.

#40 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Mangaka's been on a hiatus for a while, I don't really know what he's up to but he's...basically being an otaku. I don't know, it hasn't been the same for a while now, it feels like gatts/gutts hasn't been himself lately :/

Hahaha yea it took them like 8 months to get the damn ship..But Guts is a beast...at least now hes doing some killing...

HxH is good but the mangaka is always sick and it really takes forever for them to progress...

Some new good Shounens are Fairy Tail, Bakuman, Beelzebub...

#41 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

Hahaha yea it took them like 8 months to get the damn ship..But Guts is a beast...at least now hes doing some killing...

HxH is good but the mangaka is always sick and it really takes forever for them to progress...

Some new good Shounens are Fairy Tail, Bakuman, Beelzebub...

Bakuman is awesome, watched 10 eps of it but I'm forcing myself to wait til its over before I finish it :p

Beelzebub also seems like its going to be a good anime (although I'll wait til its done)

#42 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Can anyone recommend any short series anime that are good? Like trigun, samurai champloo, etc?

#43 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:43 PM

Can anyone recommend any short series anime that are good? Like trigun, samurai champloo, etc?

Read my posts at the beginning and you will see :)

#44 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

Bakuman is awesome, watched 10 eps of it but I'm forcing myself to wait til its over before I finish it :p

Beelzebub also seems like its going to be a good anime (although I'll wait til its done)

Haha yea Beelzebub is only on ch 80 something and Bakuman is around 120...Going to be awhile..but who knows, Bakuman is created by two mangaka, 1 is the same 1 who created Death Note, so it might be quick.

Ubel Blatt and dorohedoro is a pretty good read..

Well, Elfen Lied is a pretty short anime that is pretty well done.

Flames of Recca is a Yu Yu Hakusho type of deal..I think 40 something episodes.
FLCL is pretty decent and short and Full Metal Panic..

To be honest don't watch much anime but I read, or try to read good manga.

#45 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

Haha yea Beelzebub is only on ch 80 something and Bakuman is around 120...Going to be awhile..but who knows, Bakuman is created by two mangaka, 1 is the same 1 who created Death Note, so it might be quick.

Ubel Blatt and dorohedoro is a pretty good read..

Well, Elfen Lied is a pretty short anime that is pretty well done.

Flames of Recca is a Yu Yu Hakusho type of deal..I think 40 something episodes.
FLCL is pretty decent and short and Full Metal Panic..

To be honest don't watch much anime but I read, or try to read good manga.

Bakuman is going to be only 26 episodes, at least the first season? Beezlebub is going to end at 26 episodes also.

Never heard of Flames of Recca, might check that out.

I've seen the rest of the animes you've mentioned except for Flames of Recca (I'll see how that is later) and I'll take a look at the mangas you've mentioned

#46 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

I recommend Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. It's not the shortest anime in the world, but it's easy to give up halfway because the storyline isn't very related. It's a parody/satire series too, so it's funny most of the time. That or Hetalia. 5 minutes per episode, parody too.

This'll give you an idea what it's like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZxYK484eUM

And on topic : I like SZS and Hetalia, obviously, but other than that - not much time to watch anime. Sub > Dub too. Some dubs are just...

Edited by Patapon, 12 January 2011 - 10:59 PM.

#47 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:08 PM

I recommend Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. It's not the shortest anime in the world, but it's easy to give up halfway because the storyline isn't very related. It's a parody/satire series too, so it's funny most of the time. That or Hetalia. 5 minutes per episode, parody too.

This'll give you an idea what it's like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZxYK484eUM

And on topic : I like SZS and Hetalia, obviously, but other than that - not much time to watch anime. Sub > Dub too. Some dubs are just...

It's too episodic for me xD I watched a couple of episodes before I gave up :p

#48 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

It's too episodic for me xD I watched a couple of episodes before I gave up :p

Depends on how you watch anime I guess. XD
I only watch when I've so much time and absolutely nothing to do, so it's like 3 episodes every...2 months? D:

#49 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:59 AM

Depends on how you watch anime I guess. XD
I only watch when I've so much time and absolutely nothing to do, so it's like 3 episodes every...2 months? D:

I love to marathon :p

That's why I can't stand episodic. Gintama is an exception.. I will watch that again.. eventually (stopped at episode 65)

I actually watch Kimagure Orange Road almost entirely before realizing it was mostly episodic except for like, 15 episodes out of 48.

It's a very good anime by the way (awesome character development); where else can you find a love polygon with espers in it?

#50 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:28 AM

However, YuYu Hakusho is an example of a Shounen done right, although I should finish it :p I watched about 80 episodes of it.

I watched all of YuYu Hakusho...it's fine the first time but...it repeats the same story 3 times in a row. Kinda kills it :/

Gurren Lagann as mentioned in a previous page is pretty good. I mean how could it not be good with a quote like "My Drill is the drill...THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!!!" and "Don't believe in yourself. I believe in you! Believe that I believe!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users