Photo

FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#26 Fresca

Fresca
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:33 AM

That's a strange Elvis Tribute Artist...

#27 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:36 AM

That's a strange Elvis Tribute Artist...

Did you just take the mickey out of yourself?

#28 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

I know it's out of my character, but I have to agree with our Sweeney.
I totally judge people when they tell me they've never seen Star Wars. How the hell do you even have a childhood without seeing Star Wars? Or if you've never seen a single Marx Brother's film. Are you even human?
So. Yeah. This does make you an oddity.

Because I hate sci-fi because my cousin loved it and would force me to watch hours of it when I just wanted to watch cartoons

I was 5 and found aliens unnerving. And thus once I had a choice of what to watch on TV, I would always avoid sci-fi and I still to this day do not like sci-fi movies :3

#29 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

While we're on the subject of Tim Burton, I want to say that Sweeney Todd was a masterpiece.

On another note, my favorite movie is probably Fight Club... I had to write a paper on it my first year of college, and you'd think that watching the same scenes over and over again for detail would have made me sick of it... instead it made me realize how packed full of information every single line of the movie was.

My favorite childhood movie was Little Shop of Horrors, though. I watched that shit like 20 times a week =D

#30 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

Probably waist deep or get rich or die trying

#31 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

Remember the Titans (:----and others...

#32 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

I really enjoyed that movie more than I ever thought I would. It totally gave me the heeby jeebies.

High five. The fact that they used real people for all the bodies strewn around town creeped me out.
Also, when he's loading them into the back of his hearse, the "dead" guy totally touches the "dead" girl's butt.

Edited by TaraTantrum, 25 February 2011 - 01:55 PM.

#33 imasramma

imasramma
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:52 PM

I really enjoyed Fight Club and Pulp Fiction and i highly recommend them

I also loved all the Toy Story movies especially when i was young

#34 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

I really enjoyed Fight Club and Pulp Fiction and i highly recommend them

You're not even old enough to get into R rated movies, silly.

#35 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

Karate Kid... The old and new one... I like it :p Nothing that classy, but I have many favorite movies as time goes on

#36 Fresca

Fresca
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

Did you just take the mickey out of yourself?

Posted Image

Seriously though, despite the humor of this pear(?), I have no idea what that means.

Edited by Fresca, 25 February 2011 - 06:13 PM.

#37 netstat

netstat
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:47 AM

Not just movies you liked....but you're FAVORITE one....

My is the Shawshank Redemption
which i definitely recommend to anyone

Fantastic movie. Probably in my top 5. If you haven't seen this one, go out and get it

Favorite movie would probably be V for Vendetta

#38 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:23 AM

The
Lion
King.
Posted Image

#39 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

there are so many but am gonna go with a classic

Back to the Future

De lorean rules ^^

#40 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

:rolleyes: I totally judge people when they make retarded statements like that. OMG YOU MEAN SOMETHING THAT'S SIGNIFICANT TO YOU IS INSIGNIFICANT TO OTHER PEOPLE?! NO WAIII!!!!!!!

I guess kids in third world countries who've never seen anything by the Marx Brothers aren't human, right? Lolzzz.

ETA/ Well that came out 100% ruder than I intended. No personal insult to you, punkrockbigmouth, I just hear a lot of this around my campus. Ignore me, I'm on my period.

I will NOT ignore you. A distressed female on her period needs to be heard, by golly!
The third world country comment is stretching. Of course I don't judge them for not being knowledgeable about cinema. I judge them by how many flies they have on their faces.

Anyway, you make a valid point. Maybe I'm wrong to judge. I grew up in a creative, almost bohemian household where we were taught to appreciate art, music, literature and film, so my love and knowledge of these few things are only significant to me and my own family and not anyone else in western civilization. I shouldn't expect everyone to have seen highly regarded and famous films, just as I shouldn't expect everyone to be able to hum the melody of Mozart's 'Eine Kleine Nacht Musik'. They play it in the classic film, "Amadeus", which, I expect no one has ever seen.

#41 StarmanSuper

StarmanSuper
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

OK. ALL time?

Hard to say. Def between "Angels in America" and "Across the Universe"

Although all my favs tend to be the ones I cry over. Lol. I cried over "Big Fish" and "Mr. Holland's Opus"

:p

#42 anbeezy

anbeezy
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

Law abiding citizen just because it's so badass.

#43 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:06 PM

Shawshank Redemption is good, but I like to laugh too much for that to be a favorite of all time.
Probably Princess Bride

#44 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:35 AM

Lord of the Rings, even though it's a trilogy

#45 Domehades

Domehades
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

titanic, jack and rose

titanic, jack and rose

#46 Mahas

Mahas

• 503 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:49 AM

Orphan.... and... Fear... both pretty fuckin scary xD

#47 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:00 AM

I will NOT ignore you. A distressed female on her period needs to be heard, by golly!
The third world country comment is stretching. Of course I don't judge them for not being knowledgeable about cinema. I judge them by how many flies they have on their faces.

Anyway, you make a valid point. Maybe I'm wrong to judge. I grew up in a creative, almost bohemian household where we were taught to appreciate art, music, literature and film, so my love and knowledge of these few things are only significant to me and my own family and not anyone else in western civilization. I shouldn't expect everyone to have seen highly regarded and famous films, just as I shouldn't expect everyone to be able to hum the melody of Mozart's 'Eine Kleine Nacht Musik'. They play it in the classic film, "Amadeus", which, I expect no one has ever seen.

The point is not really valid. Of course in this topic we are referring to a certain group of people(users of codex), who clearly have seen movies, and are under no circumstances starving people in a 3rd world country. Also, anyone who can, and hasn't seen any of the original trilogy, goes to the punched list.
zlpqlz: You go to the list...
Seriously, the new karate kid?!

#48 Frank12

Frank12
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

Are you legitimately trying to start this discussion with me? Or did you just feel like mouthing off a bit?

Because I guarantee I will lay waste to your ill-concieved and malformed opinions if you so wish... but I felt like I ought to check, first.

Good ole' Sweeney. I have to say my favorite movie of all time would have to be Good Will Hunting. I liked the internal conflict in Will, how it embodied youthful rebellion with the insurmountable knowledge he contains. His abused past also added an interesting aspect, with Robin Williams playing an astounding supporting role. They worked together great, and i really enjoyed the movie

#49 Remiix

Remiix
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

A newer movie recently took my spot of FAVORITE

Inception

It made my brain hurt but it was amazing

#50 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

I think anyone who can pick one single film as a favourite probably hasn't seen enough films, and is therefore a very odd person.

i agree. i've seen way too many movies to have just one.. its more like one for every mood and occasion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users