Shell Start Up Extras
We have a lot of great guides for when you are starting up a shell but here are a few things that you may have over looked that will help make your new shell a little more legit and a little easier to get going. (Unfortunately a lot of the codes that were in here are no longer active and have been removed.)
Grundo Warehouse Codes (Can be used after 48 hours of creating account, credit Mishatu):
- (A384J-228P1) This handy little code will allow you to get the grundo warehouse avatar. You may as well start by getting it to begin with.
- (Yooyuball2011) This code will give you the Yooyuball Stuck in a Tree which is a neat little foreground wearable.[spoiler]
- (200KFBPRIZECOPPMU) This code will give you Copper Mustache which is an interesting wearable that seems to be pretty popular. Never hurts to add a little more to your Neopet. This accessory looks surprisingly good on most Neopets.
Useful Firefox Greasemonkey Scripts:
(EDIT: May 19th, 2013 - iomega compiled a list of useful Greasemonkey Scripts and Userstyles)
- Magma Pool Refresher - This extremely useful script will alert you when the guard is sleeping and you can then paint your pets Magma. Until your account is old enough to handle the transfers of your actual pets this is a very useful, and free, method of getting a painted pet. Keep in mind you can only paint a pet Magma once a week and the time is different for each account.
- Snowager Tab Opener - This simple script opens a new tab for you when the Snowager is sleeping. Besides the random junk you could get lucky and pick up a pretty rare avatar from him and then you've got a legit looking avatar for your shell to use.
- Dice-A-Roo Autoplayer - This script will play Dice-A-Roo for you while you browse other sites, but DO NOT BROWSE NEOPETS WHILE USING THIS SCRIPT, or you can work on your Habitarium while letting it run. When you hit the Silver Dice it stops the script and opens a dialog box alerting you that you've made it there. What I do is leave and wait for the Jackpot to hit 20k+ that way if I win the jackpot I might get the 10x multiplier which gets a nice and easy 200k+ pure.
- Punchbag Sid Alert - This script will notify you if Punchbag Sid arrives in the Battledome. This is probably one of the best avatars you can get easily if you happen to be on your shell when it pops up.
This one should be fairly obvious but you really should make use of and we have a few different one's to choose from. I personally use Neoquest's Avatar Grabber. Use this to get a large amount of clickable avatars with hardly any effort at all. This small amount of effort makes it look like you've made some effort to collect avatars and helps distance your new account from shell status.
Add a Premade Layout:
This is probably the most simple thing you could possibly do. Just go to the Sunnyneo Premade Userlookups, MyNeopetLayouts, or Userlookup Index for some petpages that have premades.
Add Some Clothing
While though it may seem blatantly obvious, someone who actually plays Neopets (AKA not a Shell) is going to take time to customize their pets. You should too.
Add Easy Trophies:
I also recommend doing some easy trophies and fortunately enough Bone has an easy to use guide for this already so be sure to check out Bone's 15(+8) Safe & Easy Trophies Guide to get started on that.
-Another Easy Trophy:
I recommend getting the Round Table Poker Medal. All you have to do is beat Tournament Level 5. Seems like a pain right? Good thing I got this Greasemonkey Script then.
Join A Guild:
This one may not seem like a big deal but seriously... join or make a guild. This shows that you are active even if you are never active in the guild. Since most legit players are in guilds this is a simple and small aspect that you can add to work as a little extra filler. The Neopian Guild HQ.
[OPTIONAL] More Advanced Pet
This is purely optional but I like taking some time to increase the intelligence of one of my shell pets, it may not seem like a big thing but it's something you do when playing casually. If you're wanting your shell to be taken seriously things like stats are going to matter. It'll seem odd that you've been playing for 4+ years yet have basic pet stats.
You could go so far as tossing the lab map on that account and add the results daily to a pet page. This establishes a timeline for others to see how active you are and something that NOT shells do.
Short, sweet, and to the point so hopefully this will help you spruce up your shells a bit. Good luck guys.
Edited by Yung, 19 May 2013 - 09:12 AM.
edited out the codes that no longer work ;)