#1 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

POPULAR POST!

Shell Start Up Extras

We have a lot of great guides for when you are starting up a shell but here are a few things that you may have over looked that will help make your new shell a little more legit and a little easier to get going. (Unfortunately a lot of the codes that were in here are no longer active and have been removed.)

Grundo Warehouse Codes (Can be used after 48 hours of creating account, credit Mishatu):

• (A384J-228P1) This handy little code will allow you to get the grundo warehouse avatar. You may as well start by getting it to begin with. grundogrunt.gif
  • (Yooyuball2011) This code will give you the Yooyuball Stuck in a Tree which is a neat little foreground wearable.[spoiler]
  • (200KFBPRIZECOPPMU) This code will give you Copper Mustache which is an interesting wearable that seems to be pretty popular. Never hurts to add a little more to your Neopet. This accessory looks surprisingly good on most Neopets.

Useful Firefox Greasemonkey Scripts:

(EDIT: May 19th, 2013 - iomega compiled a list of useful Greasemonkey Scripts and Userstyles)

• Magma Pool Refresher - This extremely useful script will alert you when the guard is sleeping and you can then paint your pets Magma. Until your account is old enough to handle the transfers of your actual pets this is a very useful, and free, method of getting a painted pet. Keep in mind you can only paint a pet Magma once a week and the time is different for each account.
  • Snowager Tab Opener - This simple script opens a new tab for you when the Snowager is sleeping. Besides the random junk you could get lucky and pick up a pretty rare avatar from him and then you've got a legit looking avatar for your shell to use.
  • Dice-A-Roo Autoplayer - This script will play Dice-A-Roo for you while you browse other sites, but DO NOT BROWSE NEOPETS WHILE USING THIS SCRIPT, or you can work on your Habitarium while letting it run. When you hit the Silver Dice it stops the script and opens a dialog box alerting you that you've made it there. What I do is leave and wait for the Jackpot to hit 20k+ that way if I win the jackpot I might get the 10x multiplier which gets a nice and easy 200k+ pure.
  • Punchbag Sid Alert - This script will notify you if Punchbag Sid arrives in the Battledome. This is probably one of the best avatars you can get easily if you happen to be on your shell when it pops up.

This one should be fairly obvious but you really should make use of and we have a few different one's to choose from. I personally use Neoquest's Avatar Grabber. Use this to get a large amount of clickable avatars with hardly any effort at all. This small amount of effort makes it look like you've made some effort to collect avatars and helps distance your new account from shell status.

Add a Premade Layout:

This is probably the most simple thing you could possibly do. Just go to the Sunnyneo Premade Userlookups, MyNeopetLayouts, or Userlookup Index for some petpages that have premades.

Add Some Clothing

While though it may seem blatantly obvious, someone who actually plays Neopets (AKA not a Shell) is going to take time to customize their pets. You should too.

Add Easy Trophies:

I also recommend doing some easy trophies and fortunately enough Bone has an easy to use guide for this already so be sure to check out Bone's 15(+8) Safe & Easy Trophies Guide to get started on that.

-Another Easy Trophy:

I recommend getting the Round Table Poker Medal. All you have to do is beat Tournament Level 5. Seems like a pain right? Good thing I got this Greasemonkey Script then. smile.gif

177_4.gif

Join A Guild:

This one may not seem like a big deal but seriously... join or make a guild. This shows that you are active even if you are never active in the guild. Since most legit players are in guilds this is a simple and small aspect that you can add to work as a little extra filler. The Neopian Guild HQ.

[OPTIONAL] More Advanced Pet

This is purely optional but I like taking some time to increase the intelligence of one of my shell pets, it may not seem like a big thing but it's something you do when playing casually. If you're wanting your shell to be taken seriously things like stats are going to matter. It'll seem odd that you've been playing for 4+ years yet have basic pet stats.

You could go so far as tossing the lab map on that account and add the results daily to a pet page. This establishes a timeline for others to see how active you are and something that NOT shells do.

Short, sweet, and to the point so hopefully this will help you spruce up your shells a bit. Good luck guys.

Edited by Yung, 19 May 2013 - 09:12 AM.
edited out the codes that no longer work ;)

#2 MoriNoRyu

MoriNoRyu
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Cool thanks!

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Not bad, it would be awesome if Neoquest was able to implement these codes into his shell starter in the CMD Manager *wink wink nudge nudge*

#4 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

Wow thanks Ive never seen these before
This really helpful and Im sure they will help me make shells
I cant wait for your next guide
I hope it will be as great as this one

#5 Leaf

Leaf
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Wow... Great guide. Original too +Rep

#6 Bandicoot

Bandicoot
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Going good Yung! almost makes me want to open a shell up :)

im too lazy to do it though :)

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

Wow thanks Ive never seen these before
This really helpful and Im sure they will help me make shells
I cant wait for your next guide
I hope it will be as great as this one

Are you ill?

#8 bobo

bobo
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

Oh. Wow thanks. :D I never knew about that auto-avvie getter thingamajig. Your guides are always awesome.

#9 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Added easy trophies to the list of things you should do. Everyone should than Bone for writing that guide I referenced. A +Rep to him is in order.

#10 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Added easy trophies to the list of things you should do. Everyone should than Bone for writing that guide I referenced. A +Rep to him is in order.

Yes, bow down and accept Bone as your new god

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Are you ill?

No Junsu just finds the need to come in and mock Yung for his guides.

Of course, Junsu thinks flaming is positively contributing, as well.

#12 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

No Junsu just finds the need to come in and mock Yung for his guides.

Neocodex is hard to please

#13 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

If only he could convince everyone else...

#14 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Added by request, Guilds. Just make sure you create or join one. It's simple but goes wonders in shell building.

#15 Kae

Kae
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

This is a nice start. Add some cheap stamps and collectibles and it'll be even better :)

#16 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

i dont think collectibles are that much of a big deal. idk they take a little more work than the rest.

customizing your pets makes you look more legit though. just like, get a cheap starry background for each and voila

#17 Kae

Kae
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

The AC finds stamps very cool, apparently. If the aim is to legit-fy your account, showing a bit of effort couldn't hurt. If he posts like, the link to the first 20 cheapest stamps on the SW search or the codex database it would be little work for people to buy them, thus making this guide more helpful. Just a suggestion ^^

#18 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

Adding some cheap stamps and collectable cards, creating a shop and a gallery, creting a neohome eventhough it will be empty, starting a habitarium etc.. These will also fill up your lookup and make your account better.

#19 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

Thanks a bunch Yung, this helped me a lot. + rep

#20 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Neocodex is hard to please

Everyone would be happy if you left.

#21 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Everyone would be happy if you left.

That's not true. No hard feelings now. :p

#22 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Avatar grabber didn't work for me, refreshed 3 times too =(

#23 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

You... refreshed what 3 times exactly?

#24 JustinHoodMusic

JustinHoodMusic
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Where do we put these codes in? Sorry if this is a really dumb question.

#25 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

Where do we put these codes in? Sorry if this is a really dumb question.

http://www.neopets.c...rizecodes.phtml

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users