And Waser - that's not how most people do it. :p

I don't wish to know how you know that.

#27 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Sounds like a pretty effective defence mechanism in that situation.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Damnit.

But really let's all take a minute and employ some of the relaxation techniques I've learned :p No need to fight.

#28 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

tl;dr

Only for lazy 15 year olds ;)

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Damnit.

But really let's all take a minute and employ some of the relaxation techniques I've learned :p No need to fight.

I just can't stand ignorance and sexist people like that. Internet is full of them.
But whatevs. *looks at pics of kittens*
Life is good now.

#29 Kite

Kite
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

I am literally dying of laughter right now.
You are that ignorant? Really?
Men are capable of being just as frightened as women.. and being a woman has shit all to do with how you handle a firearm.
I guarantee there are a billion women better qualified to do so then you as a male are.
I'm pretty sure if a man broke into your home and tried to rape you, you'd shit your fucking pants.

Oh my god, this is humorous.
You have no idea how you would react unless it's happened to you before?
If so, good on you for handling it, as you would say "like a man"..
If not I'd suggest biting your tongue because you can't predict the future contrary to your beliefs.
It's likely you'd submit and let it happen hahaha

I never said that that only women would be frightened or anything, but it's a proven fact that men are less hesitant to act in such situations and if you're at such a close "raping range" it doesn't really matter how qualified you are to use a firearm

It's nice to see feminists are still actively raging and blindly supporting each other but yeah like I said you won't know how you would react until you've actually been in that situation, so maybe save all that hearsay for when someone actually points a gun at you or tries to rape you and you actually do something about it.

and just FYI Woug I'm sure there are a few "million" women who can handle firearms better than many men but I'm not one of the men who is going to be outgunned by a estrogen fueled pistol twirler, I'm plenty capable of using a firearm and I've been in situations where I've had guns pointed at me etc. but that's not really any of your business so how about you don't assume I don't know how to use a gun simply because of my views on them? :3

#30 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

Lol where d'you guys live? the ghetto? Is it really that bad in America that most people keep a gun by them incase someone breaks in? "It's for protection" How much protection d'you need? A baseball bat would suffice enough i would have thought. If someone broke into my house i wouldn't want to shoot/kill em, just beat em down so they know they picked the wrong damn house. Bear in mind I live in an area where guns are almost non-existent, it's all stabbin's round here :p

#31 Kite

Kite
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

Classic move btw.. assuming that I'm trying to make this out to be about pre-conceived opinions about gender simply because I doubt how your vagina would act in a stressful situation, you're just living up to your sexes stereotypes now :o

#32 Kite

Kite
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Back atcha ;)

Fair enough, I don't really want to start an argument or anything really, I just wanted to state my opinion which I'm sure I already have.. I hope you don't have to use any of your firearms for anything except target practice in the future :p

#33 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

It's nice to see feminists are still actively raging and blindly supporting each other but yeah like I said you won't know how you would react until you've actually been in that situation, so maybe save all that hearsay for when someone actually points a gun at you or tries to rape you and you actually do something about it.

and just FYI Woug I'm sure there are a few "million" women who can handle firearms better than many men but I'm not one of the men who is going to be outgunned by a estrogen fueled pistol twirler, I'm plenty capable of using a firearm and I've been in situations where I've had guns pointed at me etc. but that's not really any of your business so how about you don't assume I don't know how to use a gun simply because of my views on them? :3

I am not a feminist lmao. I just can't stand uneducated sexist jerks. :)
"estrogen fueled pistol twirler" is what you call a woman defending herself against rape lmao. SEXIST.

As for your second paragraph. *claps*
Fabulous for you, but please don't flatter yourself my dear, I do not care for your personal life, nor do I have any desire to learn about it. So I'll gladly agree it's none of my business, and be even more glad to keep it that way.

#34 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

Back atcha ;) What makes you think I've not been in similar situations, ergo I'm incapable of knowing how I'd react. If I was unsure of how I'd react, I'd not have said anything about it, Dear.

Yes.

This is about the only time I would condone having a gun. When you actually need it or fear for your safety.
& I'm having a hard time figuring out whether or not this is about sexism or guns.

#35 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

My big brother was mugged in Manchester and he had a gun pointed against his head but he was sensible and gave them his stuff straight away. Now obviously that scares the living bejeesus outta me but I think I would be just as scared if guns were legal because more people would own them.

Like countless people have said it's not really the guns I'm afraid of it's the idiots who own them and could misuse them. ;_;

#36 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

St3v3 it's about sexist guns. :o
What a twist eh?

Anyway I'm off this topic before I pop a freaking blood vessel in my eye lol

#37 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

I never said that that only women would be frightened or anything, but it's a proven fact that men are less hesitant to act in such situations and if you're at such a close "raping range" it doesn't really matter how qualified you are to use a firearm

Posted Image

Seriously though, this isn't a very strong argument, your first paragraph alone needs to be picked apart for further examination. What data are you using to support "its a proven fact that men are less hesitant to act," while though your statement is likely to be true you can't state something like that without a PHd.

Feminists actively raging and blindly supporting each other aren't stating things as fact, only what they'd likely to do. I know many women who have been raped and would likely react just as passionately on this matter as these girls have here. If you are so ignorant to as to dismiss the affects and pain that raped women go through daily does nothing to solidify your obvious sexist statements here.

While though a few 'million' is likely much more accurate reply tacking on yet another sexist response here is, again, not solidifying your stance here. Boasting about how you've had guns pointed at you isn't doing anything besides showing that you can brag about things that are irrelevant to current conversation. What does you claiming to have guns pointed at you have to do using a gun as your next statement suggests?

#38 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

St3v3 it's about sexist guns. :o
What a twist eh?

Anyway I'm off this topic before I pop a freaking blood vessel in my eye lol

That's some M. Night Shamalanamanlanananan shit right there.

#39 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

My big brother was mugged in Manchester and he had a gun pointed against his head but he was sensible and gave them his stuff straight away. Now obviously that scares the living bejeesus outta me but I think I would be just as scared if guns were legal because more people would own them.

Like countless people have said it's not really the guns I'm afraid of it's the idiots who own them and could misuse them. ;_;

This is kinda related but also unrelated, a friend of mine got mugged in reading, they asked him for all his shit so phone, money...etc. My friend then asks if he can have his phone battery and sim and like £2 for the bus, and they gave him what he asked for xD. At least there's some considerate robbers ay? lol.

#40 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Years ago, my mom and I (we live alone) awoke to having our house broken into and robbed by one dude. We called the police, they didn't come til the sun was high in the sky. I sure as Hell wish I had a gun, I would have emptied the barrel into that bastard. We were weaponless, and had that guy decided to physically harm us with our kitchen knife that he nabbed, we'd have been fighting a losing fight which would have inevitably led to death.

I'd definitely feel a lot safer if I had a gun and had training on how to use it. I know there're psychotic people everywhere, but it really doesn't make any sense to me to prevent victims from having the means to protect themselves.

This is kinda related but also unrelated, a friend of mine got mugged in reading, they asked him for all his shit so phone, money...etc. My friend then asks if he can have his phone battery and sim and like £2 for the bus, and they gave him what he asked for xD. At least there's some considerate robbers ay? lol.

This reminds me of the time my brother had gone out when he was around 14, and this guy mugged him with a switchblade, and he took my brother's penknife and money, but gave him enough money to catch a bus home.

Edited by Ladida, 14 May 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#41 Riki1995

Riki1995
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Reminds me of Mexican bandits from the 1800s. When Mexico was reforming it's government after their revolution, a lot of people turned to banditry as a form of socioeconomic betterment. A lot of these bandits were relatively 'nice,' and usually allowed the people they robbed to keep just enough to grab a bite to eat or something once they reached town. The problem was that there were so many bandits roaming the roads, that by the time the travelers got closer to Mexico City or whatever their destination was, they'd end up getting shot by the bandits who were frustrated that they didn't have anything more to steal.

The more you know~*

#42 Kite

Kite
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Situations like that where you get robbed and then the person is considerate enough to give you enough of YOUR own money to get home or something like that must be pretty awkward... I can imagine a guy holding a knife and counting change and you just standing there all awkward ..waiting, wouldn't you feel tempted to I dunno, take his knife or gun at that point and get all your stuff back? I guess I'm just too much of a B/A to ask for bus-fare after I get robbed /sarcasm

#43 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

Exactly.

I'm also sorry to hear of your brothers plight.
I have an abusive ex boyfriend who made me feel so worthless that when he made me kneel on the garage floor and put a gun to my head, I prayed he'd just pulled the trigger.
I got out of that relationship, I learned to love myself again and the next time I was attacked, I fought for my life with my bare hands.

It's something you will never shake off, I'll always be fearful of people, I'll always have those times in my mind.
But with those experiences I also know that I'll do anything it takes to protect myself :)

THAT is the basis for my comments here today, and for my beliefs.
I've never been stronger and more set in my convictions than I have grown to be in these last 3 years, all because I have a husband who not only swore to protect me, but taught me to protect myself.

That's absolutely awful ._. I feel so sorry for you, but at least now you have the means and knowledge to protect yourself and are out of that relationship.

That's crazy :p Your friend's pretty solid to ask though, I bet they were so shocked they gave it to him.

Edited by trizzle, 14 May 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#44 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Situations like that where you get robbed and then the person is considerate enough to give you enough of YOUR own money to get home or something like that must be pretty awkward... I can imagine a guy holding a knife and counting change and you just standing there all awkward ..waiting, wouldn't you feel tempted to I dunno, take his knife or gun at that point and get all your stuff back? I guess I'm just too much of a B/A to ask for bus-fare after I get robbed /sarcasm

Personally, I'm glad my 14 year old brother didn't attempt to disarm a grown man of a long pointy knife. I prefer things to have worked out exactly as they did, rather than my family rushing to the hospital, and then the morgue. I think if your life will be safe if you give up material possessions, then go for it, they're replaceable. My classmates will never get their siblings back, but my brother got a ton of penknives as presents after that.

#45 Kite

Kite
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Oh I agree completely, it just seems like a awkward situation to me which I find kind of funny

#46 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Exactly.

I'm also sorry to hear of your brothers plight.
I have an abusive ex boyfriend who made me feel so worthless that when he made me kneel on the garage floor and put a gun to my head, I prayed he'd just pulled the trigger.
I got out of that relationship, I learned to love myself again and the next time I was attacked, I fought for my life with my bare hands.

It's something you will never shake off, I'll always be fearful of people, I'll always have those times in my mind.
But with those experiences I also know that I'll do anything it takes to protect myself :)

THAT is the basis for my comments here today, and for my beliefs.
I've never been stronger and more set in my convictions than I have grown to be in these last 3 years, all because I have a husband who not only swore to protect me, but taught me to protect myself.

And in Canada, if someone pulled shit like this, all your male friends would group up and kick the living shit out of that guy and send him to the hospital.. for WEEKS.
No guns needed. No dumb charges either. Cops are chill when it comes to someone getting absolutley done in if they deserved it. So long as you don't go overboard and give him irreversible damage / kill him.

EDIT: You gotta look at it from police officers perspective. LEGALLY they are not allowed to do anything to people like that except arrest them, and even then the other party has to press charges. So if you get a police officer who's against violence against women, which would be 99.9% of them, they'll understand COMPLETELY and look the other way.

Edited by St3v3, 14 May 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#47 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

And in Canada, if someone pulled shit like this, all your male friends would group up and kick the living shit out of that guy and send him to the hospital.. for WEEKS.
No guns needed. No dumb charges either. Cops are chill when it comes to someone getting absolutley done in if they deserved it. So long as you don't go overboard and give him irreversible damage / kill him.

Basically, "Good Ole' Boy Justice" if I understand what you're saying correctly. There is a lot of that here still where I live currently in Missouri, I've seen posse's form up to go after guys for raping girls, beating their wives/old ladies, ect...

#48 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Man, I go do one little errand and I completely miss the arrival of the moron brigade. How frustrating.

Anyway, Kiwiwi, good on you for using that horrible situation as an excuse to grow stronger rather than an excuse to hide and hate everyone.

Holy crap, Yung, you're in MO? I grew up there! A little redneck justice goes a long way, yeah?

And Kite... Sigh. Read carefully: Previous reactions to ugly situations do not really mean anything in relation to future reactions to completely different situations. Although you do have one or two decent points--if an attacker is close enough to rape you, he's probably too close to use a gun on effectively (better off going for the eyes with whatever you've got handy at that point)--the rest is macho bullshit extrapolation. You're not a badass, you're just damned lucky nobody's been faster (or has better aim, or whatever your definition of "plenty capable of using a firearm" actually is) than you yet. You don't have to be a feminist to understand what it feels like to be truly threatened, and you don't have to be a man in order to react quickly in a tense situation. That you'd be willing to risk your life to get your shit back from somebody who just mugged you doesn't say the greatest of things about you, really.

#49 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Holy crap, Yung, you're in MO? I grew up there! A little redneck justice goes a long way, yeah?

I moved here from Florida 5 years ago now. Although to me it is more of a sense of community response. Most the people around here aren't rednecks or hillbillies and the rednecks and hillbillies that are around are generally tweakers. Everyone else is pretty normal by most standards.

#50 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

I moved here from Florida 5 years ago now. Although to me it is more of a sense of community response. Most the people around here aren't rednecks or hillbillies and the rednecks and hillbillies that are around are generally tweakers. Everyone else is pretty normal by most standards.

I say redneck there with only the most loving of intentions (for the most part). Missouri is my home. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users