Quantcast

Fair met

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

I've just one question for you: Are you a poet?

There is a delightful joke about this. The old man said, "For twenty years I was a captain in the king's guard, but am I known as Sven the Captain? I was for twenty more years a blacksmith, and I am known as Sven the Blacksmith? Oh woe, they catch you being friendly with just ONE goat, and thereafter you are forever known as Sven the goatf***" I got paid for one poem when I was young, I sold the second when I took off the time to watch my young daughter after she was born. I am not a poet. I am an engineer whom has on rare occasion published a little fiction and a little poetry.

lmfao.. all this because of a jelly kougra xD

Actually, that was part of the reason I went looking for a new board for assistance. I had finally gotten a fountain quest last year and got a visit to the rainbow pool, and couldn't find a good Kougra colour. After a couple of tries I went to Jelly. Jelly isn't that good of a colour, it was a bad choice and I regretted not having some more experienced players that could had offered good advice before I sort of wasted a rainbow dip. <br>I used to go to a battlers neopets website, they really helped me to nurse a second rate pet all the way through the required wraith battles, but that site crashed and lacked backup.

All things considered, these seems to be a pretty decent place, even if the points subtracted for spelling and penmanship is a little higher than I would have liked.

#27 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

When you have nary an idea worth speaking, criticize the grammar of others in a faltering attempt to look intelligent.

Oh young one, the world is a vast and wonderful place, full of experience and tasks, glory and tears. You waste your days correcting the prose and poster of an old man? I hardly know you, but I expect even this is beneath your humble gifts.

My exact opinion of him...except written in words I could never conjure on my own :L

#28 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

When you have nary an idea worth speaking, criticize the grammar of others in a faltering attempt to look intelligent.

Oh young one, the world is a vast and wonderful place, full of experience and tasks, glory and tears. You waste your days correcting the prose and poster of an old man? I hardly know you, but I expect even this is beneath your humble gifts.

While we're at it, you could have just as easily snarked upon my failure to us an article for "a jelly Kougra" . Such a worthy task.

It was less an attempt at criticising your grammar, than an effort at indicating the fragility of your affected facade. Most anyone can drop a few supercilious words into a short piece of prose, but, in misusing them, belie their own inadequacies.

The world is indeed a vast and exciting place, and this is but a tiny fraction of it. Still, though, I enjoy my time spent here, as I enjoy my time spent elsewhere. As you say, you know me not, and as such, I would humbly suggest that you contain your criticism lest it comes full circle. It is also worth noting that I am probably not nearly as young as you seem to believe me to be. Such assumptions are unbecoming of someone so aged and world-weary.

And yes, I could have "snarked" at your lack of article, but as I have since clarified, I wasn't addressing your grammar. My sincere apologies for expecting that to be understood.

#29 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

Welcome to Necodex. Please answer the following questions:

1. How old is your daughter (if older than 17 please ignore questions 2 and 3)

2. Is she hot?

3. Does she swallow?

That is all we (I) need to know.

#30 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

Welcome to Necodex. Please answer the following questions:

1. How old is your daughter (if older than 17 please ignore questions 2 and 3)

My daughter is 10 years old, a sweet and special soul that only sees the good and decent in the world, a person of great heart and infinite compassion. She was a great gift of the Creator, given to us after so many other children failed to be born, after I was becoming an old man, after all hope, all chance all opportunity that I had hope to expent
I'm amused at your vulgar words, when she was born even that did not go right. After all, we were old and the delivery did not go well. She did not cry when she was born, she was a weak and sad little thing, she let out only the weakest of weeps from her poor stressed lungs. She spent the next week under glass, clinging to life, not held, not loved, just a pitiful little welp hardly able to breath. The doctors, they told me what to watch for as she developed, ad there almost certainly brain damage from the lack of oxygen. I never shared that knowledge with my wife, I lived such pain as I pray you never suffer awaiting her not to achieve a developmental milestone. I waited, and there was a pain that I had to mask for I would not share this burden with my beloved one. I waited.

At age six, she out thought me on a logical problem, at age seven she developed a magical voice that put my craw to shame, At age 5 she was getting glowing school reports from teachers. I rarely hold a secret from my beloved one (that be wife for you non-NDNs), but I did the honourable thing in this case. She is a beautiful child, a great swimmer (won some moderate ribbons on the swim team), a kind heart soul.

In her bones lies the stuff of dying star, in her blood flows the fire of the creation. She is a sweet and special soul, beloved and cheeriest by She whom Created all things. In her is the fire of the first Creation, in her is the promise of all generations that will yet to be. Any man that does not cherish her as such is a fool, unworthy of the breath that he draws.

Sweety, men that don't respect women in many cases turn out to be men that never become worthy of love, or men that don't need the company of women at all.

Edited by coltom, 19 June 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#31 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hither here a man worthy of thine speech from our tongues! One must not bite thine thumb but gather up yonder praise and be jovial! For he bringest much that was once lost.

Welcome to codex, Fellow. While there are many experienced players here and many that do not "Cheat" at this game, this website is a cheating website.

And although the morals and open-ness of people here are probably better than any other Neopets fansite, TNT frowns upon all our members.

Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.

Edited by Metigue, 19 June 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#32 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

It was less an attempt at criticising your grammar, than an effort at indicating the fragility of your affected facade.

Ah, humbling to know that I stand in the shadow of such greatness, a true mystic that can divine the worth of my spirit and education based upon a few poor words typed on a half broken laptop, by an old man that should take the effort to find his glasses so he can see what he is typing.
Better yet, the threat that you think is subtle, and I find just delightfully silly. Oh silly child, I am an old man with failing heart that has no other agenda than to wile a few hours l in jest and joy. What harm might you do me, you vilest of words means nothing more to this old soldier than the snarled of raccoon I removed from the box trap on my porch this morn. Full of anger and threat, but with no meaning and delivered in a manner that brings shame to your ancestors.

So, I might waste time in this silliness, but only because I think there are very few that have fallen so low that they can not be saved.

#33 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

Ah, humbling to know that I stand in the shadow of such greatness, a true mystic that can divine the worth of my spirit and education based upon a few poor words typed on a half broken laptop, by an old man that should take the effort to find his glasses so he can see what he is typing.
Better yet, the threat that you think is subtle, and I find just delightfully silly. Oh silly child, I am an old man with failing heart that has no other agenda than to wile a few hours l in jest and joy. What harm might you do me, you vilest of words means nothing more to this old soldier than the snarled of raccoon I removed from the box trap on my porch this morn. Full of anger and threat, but with no meaning and delivered in a manner that brings shame to your ancestors.

So, I might waste time in this silliness, but only because I think there are very few that have fallen so low that they can not be saved.

Oh, and ignore Sweeney, He's like that to everyone.

#34 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Sweeney sweety, men that don't respect women in many cases turn out to be men that never become worthy of love, or men that don't need the company of women at all.

That wasn't me.

You type a lot more than "a few words". But perhaps you really are just a strange old man.
I doubt it.

#35 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Why do people keep typing Sweeney instead of Sweeney? The screen name is right there.

#36 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hither here a man worthy of thine speech from our tongues! One must not bite thine thumb but gather up yonder praise and be jovial! For he bringest much that was once lost.

Welcome to codex, Fellow. While there are many experienced players here and many that do not "Cheat" at this game, this website is a cheating website.

And although the morals and open-ness of people here are probably better than any other Neopets fansite, TNT frowns upon all our members.

Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.

Thank you. I must admit I am taken aback at the concept of what you have told me. Neopets is a game, played for electronic nothingness and silly diversion. I'll admit that I've spent far too much time getting my little kitty up to 350 strength and 200 defense, a weapon of water, a good sleeper. It is a game, I don't understand what activity would be called cheating. I must be either a babe in the woods or a confused lost old man.

I should have studied the material more closely before blundering in, I do not understand nor appreciate the half understood tales of players with prime weapons that got suspended.

Why do people keep typing Sweeney instead of Sweeney? The screen name is right there.

I forgot my reading glassed today, and I didn't expand my screen to "old man" setting" I used to have great vision, but find myself using a 2.0+ to read and a 3.0+ for close work.

That wasn't me.

You type a lot more than "a few words". But perhaps you really are just a strange old man.
I doubt it.

That wasn't me.

I doubt it.

Not a strange old man, but a pretty normal old NDN suffering from moderate heart failure. Well, I am three cycles old, (51) not that old. Just bored waiting for my implanted three wire pacemaker to give me a clean bill to get back to work after this last little set back.

Edited by coltom, 19 June 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#37 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Not a strange old man, but a pretty normal old NDN suffering from moderate heart failure. Well, I am three cycles old, (51) not that old. Just bored waiting for my implanted three wire pacemaker to give me a clean bill to get back to work after this last little set back.

You're not that old, you're younger than my parents and I like to think they're not well on their way to their graves as yet.

#38 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

You're not that old, you're younger than my parents and I like to think they're not well on their way to their graves as yet.

My cardiac output is down to 20%, these electronics in my chest that I hate with a passion,.,.,.well had I not got them I'd almost certainly be dead by now. I am reminded with each visit to the each cardiologist, with each time I feel the little untouchable shock that my odds are not great, that my affairs should be in order. So, I prepare, and get more than a little maudlin about what I might miss. Then I get angry at myself because I've been taught since my birth the great truth that a person must live until they die, and die as well as they lived. Between the drugs that I am on, and the damage from surgery and little transient events, I suspect the fire flint knife that used to be my mind has dulled. I miss the things that I used to be able to do.
Once I am off bed prison my mood will improve.

#39 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

Your kid sounds hot.

#40 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

I don't see an apology for misattributing that comment to me in there. Even though you've gone back and edited your post.

#41 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Thank you. I must admit I am taken aback at the concept of what you have told me. Neopets is a game, played for electronic nothingness and silly diversion. I'll admit that I've spent far too much time getting my little kitty up to 350 strength and 200 defense, a weapon of water, a good sleeper. It is a game, I don't understand what activity would be called cheating. I must be either a babe in the woods or a confused lost old man.

I should have studied the material more closely before blundering in, I do not understand nor appreciate the half understood tales of players with prime weapons that got suspended.

I forgot my reading glassed today, and I didn't expand my screen to "old man" setting" I used to have great vision, but find myself using a 2.0+ to read and a 3.0+ for close work.

I wouldn't be alarmed by the fact that most people here cheat at Neopets, the majority of the community either no longer plays or are legit. However, those that cheat often have arguably justifiable reasons for doing so, E.g. being frozen for no reason after years of playing, and wanting to get back to where they were (It happens A LOT)

If you'd excuse the lame imagery I would look at this site as kind of a Robin Hood with no down-sides xD

Edited by Metigue, 19 June 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#42 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

It's an interesting persona and facade however it's growing rather tiresome.

Getting tired of reading your posts by the second or third post. While though an interesting persona to use you could sum up everything you are saying in two or three short sentences at best.

#43 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

Getting tired of reading your posts by the second or third post. While though an interesting persona to use you could sum up everything you are saying in two or three short sentences at best.

Yes, I have noticed that I grow tiresome to some people rather quickly. There is skill in speaking in flowing phrases, and a skill in speaking to the point. I am apt to incestuously quote my own modest works of publication when I am in a new situation, wax as one of the best authors in combining elements of fantasy and native american mythology into his stories (it is a small pool).
I'll calm with time, when not on bed rest.

#44 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

Then don't read them

Lord knows you're not really one to talk...

#45 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

I don't see an apology for misattributing that comment to me in there. Even though you've gone back and edited your post.

Good to see that you have the good sense to be so concerned about my opinion. It is a start.

#46 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

It's not that what you have to say isn't interesting, it's just that sometimes I lose concentration halfway through a sentence xD

*edit: because they're very long, not because they're boring :)

Nevertheless welcome to neocodex!

Edited by trizzle, 19 June 2012 - 01:26 PM.

#47 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Good to see that you have the good sense to be so concerned about my opinion. It is a start.

Not your opinion, the inconsistencies in your presentation.

#48 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

It's not that what you have to say isn't interesting, it's just that sometimes I lose concentration halfway through a sentence xD

*edit: because they're very long, not because they're boring :)

Nevertheless welcome to neocodex!

My fellow ADHDer!!

D: I totally forgot to welcome you coltom, welcome to Codex :)

#49 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Your kid sounds hot.

I take it you are trying to invoke my wrath? Oh, I've have already thrown you into the "pathetic little slime toad" category, very little you could possibly say in this electronic darkness matters that much.
Just remember, my child while not an NDN has been trained well by her elders. She could take your liver out and feed it to the birds.

#50 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Am I the only person who has no clue what NDN means?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users