User Error or Problem with download?

abrosia mac wont start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tornadointhesky

tornadointhesky
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

So I downloaded this just a short time ago, i bought the advanced membership and was looking forward to running the program.  I have a Macbook, running on snow leopard.    The first time I downloaded the program manager, it refused to open and would just quit or not respond until I force-quit the program.  The second time I downloaded it, I got a bit farther to getting to the actual Abrosia program but now when I put my neopets log in information, it does not go any further.  I believe it's signed in, because the 'sign out' button is now raised instead of the sign in, but I cannot access anything on the program, it says it is 'idle' and i can't edit any preferences or settings.... 

Should I delete and re-download? or am I just doing something really dumb and I don't get it yet? 

EDIT: So....  When I successfully log into my neo account with abrosia, it won't let me run the program or edit the settings...

when my neo account is not logged in, i can edit settings and do anything besides run the program. In the program manager I can see the correct amount of neopoints I have, so I know I'm sorta logged in...

I've also uninstalled and re-installed the program manager several times, I don't have any anti-virus software and i disabled anything that wasn't essential to computer function....

aaaaand... i've tried other programs in the program manager, like the pyramids program and it won't start either...

... i have no idea what's wrong.

OH MY. 

I finally figured out what I was doing.

I think I'm all set.  

Thanks!

Edited by tornadointhesky, 24 February 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#2 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

What was the problem? :p Might be useful to post it so that others who have the same issue and find this thread later on will know how to fix it too :p.

#3 tornadointhesky

tornadointhesky
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

For some reason when I use Abrosia, I have to start the program manager and then initiate the Abrosia program. When I do this, I have to wait until I see my neopoints in the bottom right hand corner of the program manager and then close Abrosia and re-open it. Only after this am I fully logged in and able to run the program. I'm not sure if this is how it is normally run, or if it's something wrong with my computer... but I've deleted it and re-downloaded it many times and this is the only way I've been able to get it to run, which is alright with me, I don't mind the "extra" work. 

And the program is alright at this moment, but I've been using it for about three days and have only been able to pick up about 5 items total. This is running it for about 2-3 hours a day, maybe an hour extra later at night.  I've been going to one shop at a time, and recently just visiting AAA.

My settings are 

3-8 seconds to refresh, prehaggle .3-.4 and OCR page delay .3-.6
I feel it's a bit fast/risky , but I've been using this for an hour so far in "non-risky"  shops/AAA and haven't gotten anything at all...
I haven't gotten RS banned yet. I don't plan on keeping my settings like this normally, just trying to experiment and get used to the program. The item's I have bought were at about 1400-1500ms

Are there any reasons for this? Or am I just ABing at the wrong times... wrong shops?

Sorry for the uber annoying question... haha.

Edited by tornadointhesky, 27 February 2013 - 12:55 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abrosia, mac, wont start

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users