Quantcast

Photo

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

abortion pro-life pro-choice womens rights debate

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

Poll: Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#476 Rowlet

Rowlet
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:47 AM

Pro-choice completely. Pro-choice doesn't mean pro-abortion -- abortion and terrible and nobody ever wants to go get one.

However, a woman's bodily autonomy is much more essential. 

#477 lalalizzy

lalalizzy
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:58 AM

All the grey areas that everyone talks about is why abortion should be a personal choice - there's no way that laws can be written to cover every single scenario. 

Pro-choice because women should be allowed to make the decision themselves because as this thread has shown - there are too MANY gray areas to cover them all. 

I'm pro-choice because I trust women to make the right choices for themselves and realize that I have no right to demand that others live by the same standards and beliefs that I choose to live by.

#478 w35l3y

w35l3y
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

I am inclined to say pro-choice, but I don't have a tough opinion about it.

#479 Kwi

Kwi
  • 60 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:20 AM

Pro-choice. I feel that a child born to parents who do not want them, or into a loveless world is the worst existence you can face (especially since how much childhood can impact on your life). Also, from a religious point of view, if God does want a child to be born into the world, surely no medical intervention will stop that? Because if religious people believe that abortion is going against the will of God, aren't they simply suggesting that man is so "powerful" they can override God's wishes?

Just a thought, and my two cents on the issue

#480 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

Pro-choice. I feel that a child born to parents who do not want them, or into a loveless world is the worst existence you can face (especially since how much childhood can impact on your life). Also, from a religious point of view, if God does want a child to be born into the world, surely no medical intervention will stop that? Because if religious people believe that abortion is going against the will of God, aren't they simply suggesting that man is so "powerful" they can override God's wishes?

Just a thought, and my two cents on the issue

Man has been given free will by God, so they can choose themselves if they accept the child or not. 

#481 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

Pro-choice.

Also, there aren't gonna be less babies/people born, there are gonna be WAY less women dead just because they can't pay for a reasonable way to do it until being able to decide about it becomes legal.

#482 Bendida

Bendida

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:42 PM

Definitely pro-choice. Abortion is a horrible thing not only for the baby (obviously!) but also for the woman's body and still sometimes it's the lesser evil (is this the correct expression?). I don't think any woman can wake up one day and say, oh, what a nice day, let's go and have an abortion. It's not funny, it's not pleasant, it's not fashion, it's a right to do with your body what you think is best. Also a huge responsibility.

I really don't get any of the arguments of the people who want to ban this right.

#483 Kwi

Kwi
  • 60 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:12 PM

Man has been given free will by God, so they can choose themselves if they accept the child or not. 

Ah ok, that would make a bit more sense. But if we are given free will, would it then be ok to not accept the child? Coz it means that God trusts us enough and wants us to lead our lives in what we believe to be the best way?

Not looking to start a fight so please dont torch me. Legitemately curious now...

#484 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:16 AM

Ah ok, that would make a bit more sense. But if we are given free will, would it then be ok to not accept the child? Coz it means that God trusts us enough and wants us to lead our lives in what we believe to be the best way?

Not looking to start a fight so please dont torch me. Legitemately curious now...

We can do whatever we want, but it might not be the right choice. God has given the people the Bible as the best guide for life. You can follow it or not, sin or not. Abortion is a sin according to the Bible. Just because we have free will doesn't make it right to sin, it's still wrong. We should try to stop sinning. However, not sinning at all is impossible. Everyone sins everyday, but as long as men repents for their sin it's forgiven.

#485 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

We can do whatever we want, but it might not be the right choice. God has given the people the Bible as the best guide for life. You can follow it or not, sin or not. Abortion is a sin according to the Bible. Just because we have free will doesn't make it right to sin, it's still wrong. We should try to stop sinning. However, not sinning at all is impossible. Everyone sins everyday, but as long as men repents for their sin it's forgiven.

Repentance also entails the curtailing on the sin. iirc, the only way that we can be forgiven for all our sins to to take salvation in Jesus Christ, and put our trust in him, because only through his sacrifice can be we absolved of our sins.

As for the topic of this thread, I am tentatively pro-choice. It is absolutely not a decision to be taken lightly, and at some point into the pregnancy, I do believe that you would ostensibly be killing a sentient being. However, I recognize that sometimes situations put the mother in a bad place, and the option should definitely be there, especially if it's conception through rape.

#486 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6,850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

God didn't gave us the Bible, men did.

#487 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧ī¸đŸŒŠī¸đŸŒ§ī¸

• 3,603 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

God didn't gave us the Bible, men did.

Source: the fact that there are so many religions, numerous contradictions, clear linguistic differences indicating multiple authors, inconsistencies, changes made over time, the fact that portions of the bible are identical to previous culture's lore and mythology (ie. Gilgamesh/Noah, etc).

#488 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

Well, a portion of it was said to be written by Jesus' disciples, so yes, men.

I think the fact that there are so many different types of religions does talk of people's propensity for creating a deity.

#489 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6,850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:15 PM

Source: the fact that there are so many religions, numerous contradictions, clear linguistic differences indicating multiple authors, inconsistencies, changes made over time, the fact that portions of the bible are identical to previous culture's lore and mythology (ie. Gilgamesh/Noah, etc).

If God was real, it had to be a woman. No woman would create such a mess and make others clean it after.

I think the fact that there are so many different types of religions does talk of people's propensity for creating a deity.

Just like politcs, it was created to control the minds of the masses, perhaps?

#490 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧ī¸đŸŒŠī¸đŸŒ§ī¸

• 3,603 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:45 PM

If God was real, it had to be a woman. No woman would create such a mess and make others clean it after.

Just like politcs, it was created to control the minds of the masses, perhaps?

God is real, but only in the minds of people who choose to believe in him/her/it. Otherwise, doesn't exist. It's a tool for comfort, or control, or just to explain whatever people don't understand. And religion will die when we as a species psychologically evolve enough to realize religion, like many other categories we place ourselves in divide and ruin humanity. Tribalism at it's finest.

#491 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:01 AM

Yeah I think one of the most damning problem for any religion that purports the existence of an omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent God is the contradiction that lies within those three. tbh I don't think religion is going to die out anytime soon BECAUSE it's such a source of comfort for many people. Still seeped in tradition, etc etc.

#492 Bendida

Bendida

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:05 AM

Not only source of comfort but a way to escape responsibility. I honestly think that if more (way more) people were more altruistic, believing in humankind and i yourself would make religions unnecessary. But I don't see this happen in the near future unfortunately. Still it won't happen by itself :)

#493 Locket

Locket
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:33 AM

Bless that option to delete my vote. I wasn't paying attention and picked the wrong one. 

I'm absolutely pro-choice. 

#494 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:36 AM

God is real, but only in the minds of people who choose to believe in him/her/it. Otherwise, doesn't exist. It's a tool for comfort, or control, or just to explain whatever people don't understand. And religion will die when we as a species psychologically evolve enough to realize religion, like many other categories we place ourselves in divide and ruin humanity. Tribalism at it's finest.

So like a tulpa?

#495 Sorbet

Sorbet
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:32 AM

So like a tulpa?

Actually that's not a bad comparison. xD

#496 razer

razer
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:58 AM

Pro-choice all the way.

Though, I wonder, the 6 people that voted ''this doesn't effect me''..How did they come to this conclusion?

Isn't this effecting everybody in some way or another?

#497 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3,201 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:00 AM

Pro-choice all the way.

Though, I wonder, the 6 people that voted ''this doesn't effect me''..How did they come to this conclusion?

Isn't this effecting everybody in some way or another?

Not if you aren't having children and don't give a damn about other people's choices.

#498 razer

razer
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:08 AM

Not if you aren't having children and don't give a damn about other people's choices.

Well, that if you knock a girl up cause you're not using protection?

Not wanting children, doesn't mean you won't get them.

#499 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4,348 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:28 AM

1. I haven't gotten anyone pregnant. 2. I don't care who wants to get an abortion. All of this = me not giving a fuck :D.

Edit: That being said; if my wife/girlfriend aborted our baby, I'd probably just leave then. If she doesn't want kids that's fine, but I do.

#500 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25,516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:45 AM

Ali knows better than to go around getting girls 'knocked up'. If somebody really didn't want children they'd take steps to prevent it before having to resort to abortion, it's not difficult.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users