• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#51 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

Tuna with a poached egg on top, weird but delicious, IMO.

I like tuna salad with handboiled eggs chopped up in it.

#52 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

This sounds oddly appealing. O_o Gonna put it on my list of things to look for.

They're SO good, but you should definitely try tater tot nachos if you like them on fries. ^^

yes please explain what those are

#53 alittlesomething

alittlesomething
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

Basically, the chips are replaced with tater tots (fried, grated potatoes.) They look like this:

Spoiler

#54 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Basically, the chips are replaced with tater tots (fried, grated potatoes.) They look like this:

Spoiler

oh fuck

oh FUCK

#55 alittlesomething

alittlesomething
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

oh fuck

oh FUCK

I KNOW RIGHT. the sort of thing you never realized you needed until now. x_x

#56 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

Spoiler

How does one go about eating this? I would imagine you'd need to use a fork or else the tater tots would fall apart and you'd make a huge mess :/

They sure do look tasty, though.

Edited by Trichomes, 08 March 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#57 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Pickles and chicken. Together... with ketchup >.>

Ramen with a slice of cheese in it.

Pretzels and mustard.

Uhh... I'm sure there are other things, but I can't remember right now. 

#58 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

Ok those tater-tot nachos look AMAZEBALLS! I might have to experiment this weeked.

#59 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

I LOVE soft pretzels and mustard! I also love pretzels and nacho cheese sauce but that's a bit more conventional. i think i just like soft pretzels in general! 

Another one: nutella and bananas in plain oatmeal then add a teeny pinch of salt --YUM! 

#60 alittlesomething

alittlesomething
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

How does one go about eating this? I would imagine you'd need to use a fork or else the tater tots would fall apart and you'd make a huge mess :/

They sure do look tasty, though.

I usually use a fork, yeah. You can do it with fingers but it def gets messy.

Ok those tater-tot nachos look AMAZEBALLS! I might have to experiment this weeked.

DOOO ITTT.

Another one: nutella and bananas in plain oatmeal then add a teeny pinch of salt --YUM! 

Mmmm that sounds good. Never tried it, but now I feel like I have to. I've done nutella and bananas, and bananas and oatmeal, so doing the full combination seems like a good call.

#61 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Mmmm that sounds good. Never tried it, but now I feel like I have to. I've done nutella and bananas, and bananas and oatmeal, so doing the full combination seems like a good call.

I dont know what it is, but that little bit of salt just makes the whole thing become a flavor party of sweet and salty. 

I've had these chocolates that have weird mix-ins and my favorite was chocolate with potato chip. SO GOOD! 

#62 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

I dont know what it is, but that little bit of salt just makes the whole thing become a flavor party of sweet and salty. 

I've had these chocolates that have weird mix-ins and my favorite was chocolate with potato chip. SO GOOD! 

I put chunky sea salt in my chocolate chip cookies. It pulls the whole thing together.

#63 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

I love chocolates with sea salt in them, especially caramel and sea salt mixed together. 

Also I tried this bacon and chocolate bar, it was GROSS!

#64 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

I love chocolates with sea salt in them, especially caramel and sea salt mixed together. 

Also I tried this bacon and chocolate bar, it was GROSS!

really? my boyfriend tried chocolate covered bacon and he loved it! I wonder if he's just weird :p 

@Rocket, have you tried chuao chocolate? they do a lot of random combinations. I've gotten a few bars and that's where I found the chocolate potato chip one! 

#65 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

really? my boyfriend tried chocolate covered bacon and he loved it! I wonder if he's just weird :p

@Rocket, have you tried chuao chocolate? they do a lot of random combinations. I've gotten a few bars and that's where I found the chocolate potato chip one! 

I haven't tried to many crazy combinations. 

My dad sent me a gourmet chocolate bar with bits of bacon in it, I wasnt a fan. I love bacon and I love chocolate, but together meh.

#66 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

I'm always so tempted to buy those chocolate bars whenever I see them at Target, but I haven't tried any of them yet. Theo also makes some funky chocolate bars that I'd like to try.

The strangest combination I've ever had was coconut curry chocolate. The flavor combination was so weird...unpleasant even, but somehow I couldn't stop eating it.

#67 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

cucumber with sweet chili sauce.

#68 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

Lots of Australians eat just Peanut Butter on Toast, we don't really do the PB&J thing here.

Strategist would love Lamingtons, it's un-Australian for an Aussie NOT to love Lamingtons, the only excuse an Aussie has for not loving lamingtons is if they are allergic to coconut.  Even then, they should still love them because everything in this country is out to kill you anyways.

Peanut Butter and Rice is pretty common for a lot of my friends over here who do a lot of working out at the Gym and follow strict diets in regards to their calorie intakes for the day.  The peanut butter gives them certain salts etc that they would normally be missing from their diets, usually it's 1-2 teaspoons.

Steak over here (Australia) is also often eaten with Tomato sauce (ketchup), but mostly by children and usually with cheaper steaks.  A good steak is served with either no sauce but a good marinade / seasoning, or with a more fancy sauce like a red wine / mushroom / pepper sauce... To be honest, I love mine served with a traditional gravy on the side, but I'll also eat it with a smokey bbq sauce if I'm at a BBQ or having a steak burger / steak sandwhich

A 'different' one for me is when I'm at the movies.  I'll buy a large popcorn (but it has to be FRESH so it's still quite warm) and a packet or 2 packets of maltesers or plain chocolate bars.  Open the packets and pour them into the popcorn then shake it around so they sink into the popcorn.  As you're eating, you''ll come across chunks of salted popcorn coated in freshly melted chocolate.

Also, most Australians love a meat pie with tomato sauce.  They aren't a desert like the traditional American Pie, but more a meal that can be eaten at Lunch time.  There's a number of variations including my favourite - Cheese and Bacon pies where the top pastry lid is removed, and replaced by melted cheese and chunks of bacon.

#69 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

Chocolate with wasabi :3 A very surprising combo but sooo good! But then again you can get about every chocolate and something weird combo in Belgium :p

#70 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:15 AM

Chocolate with wasabi :3 A very surprising combo but sooo good! But then again you can get about every chocolate and something weird combo in Belgium :p

*hipster warning* 

Yeah, I remember eating chocolate and salsa like 10 years ago, before it was cool to have chocolate and weird flavours. 

Pringles in sandwiches are amazing (they line up nicely so fit well with my OCD sandwich making) 

#71 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:58 AM

cucumber with sweet chili sauce.

This pretty much makes you an honorary Mexican.

#72 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

I LOVE soft pretzels and mustard! I also love pretzels and nacho cheese sauce but that's a bit more conventional. i think i just like soft pretzels in general! 

Oh, I should have clarified :p I eat the hard pretzels, mostly the sourdough ones, with mustard. I guess it's not THAT weird though (but when I told my roommate she thought it was weird... she also thought hummus was gross so maybe she's the weird one.)

#73 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:00 AM

Spoiler

Just made some at home, made salsa, threw on some cheddar. and well, there wasn't enough time to take a photo.. SO good!!!

#74 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

Spoiler

You are basically my new favourite member because you brought this into my life

They actually sell wasabi chocolate! Although it's very faint.

#75 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

I've had Lindt wasabi dark chocolate.
I wasn't a fan, but friends who tried it liked it. Not 'wow' or anything according to them though.

RE: the mozza bun thing:
yeah, the cheese melts well but doesn't get runny! i like to just pick it apart with my fingers. also good not to microwave too long because that tends to dry out the bun.
i usually do like 15 seconds, check the cheese, and put it back in if needed.

Nacho taters are freakin genius. I'll try that sometime soon!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kate nudes, ramen, your mom, momen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users