baby name naming child what would you your children babies

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#26 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Considering how there is at least one person in the USA with the name "ABCDE", I don't think our names are too bad lol.

Where I used to live this was a common name, a ridiculous, but common name at one high school. Pronounced Ab-city

#27 Bear

Bear
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Female:

Jakyln

Shaynaj

Lortcia

Jumaklin

Male:

Aayron

Jaxkson

Jaymal

Jayjaymal

#28 willytung

willytung
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Excellent audio clip of a bit Lewis Black did about names:

#29 Mikah

Mikah
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

I have a son named Noah, but I'm pregnant with my second child now. uvu

For a girl I really like Elaina but the father is bent on naming her Breanna....Which I'm not fond of.

For a boy I really like Elijah or Mikah (my handle here obviously) but he doesnt like either of those u__u;;

#30 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:07 AM

Had William/Alexander for a boy, and Faye for a girl.

Had a girl Friday, so she's Faye :)

Congratulations!

Faye is my #1 girl name pick, but Yung hates it so the next girl will probably be named Molly or Juliet. For boys, I like Caden, Isaac, and Paul.

#31 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:41 AM

Congratulations!

Faye is my #1 girl name pick, but Yung hates it so the next girl will probably be named Molly or Juliet. For boys, I like Caden, Isaac, and Paul.

I like the girl names you picked there.

Personally I hate most of the popular american names, maybe it's because I'm British (these were taken from the top 100 in the USA):

• Jayden
  • Logan
  • Hunter
  • Mason
  • Carter
  • Landon
  • Mackenzie
  • Peyton
  • Aubrey
  • Addison
  • Lyla (wtf?)
  • Willow

They're all just so common and come with their own expectations - it's hard not to judge the parents when the kids have bad names.

I always liked Noah for a little boy's name. Either that or something quintessentially popular in Britain like Jack or Harry or Tarquin.

#32 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:43 AM

Tarquin

WTF? :p

#33 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

I love how you specifically used names I posted out of the entire 100.  :rolleyes: 

#34 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

WTF? :p

Ok, ok, that one was kinda a joke :p

#35 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

Personally I hate most of the popular american names, maybe it's because I'm British

Ha, I was just thinking that it's (for the most part) relatively easy to spot people who aren't British in this thread!! :p

The Boy and I both have quite traditional names and I imagine we'll stick with that trend.

#36 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • šŸ± šŸ’– šŸ„

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

Personally I hate most of the popular american names, maybe it's because I'm British (these were taken from the top 100 in the USA):

• Jayden
  • Logan
  • Hunter
  • Mason
  • Carter
  • Landon
  • Mackenzie
  • Peyton
  • Aubrey
  • Addison
  • Lyla (wtf?)
  • Willow

They're all just so common and come with their own expectations - it's hard not to judge the parents when the kids have bad names.

I always liked Noah for a little boy's name. Either that or something quintessentially popular in Britain like Jack or Harry or Tarquin.

Both Noah and Jack were in the top 10 in 2013.

I kind of like Willow, but it's gotten a lot more popular over the past few years, and I worry that the same will happen to Hazel. Right now one of the biggest trends seems to be older sounding names.

Edited by Trichomes, 01 April 2014 - 05:29 AM.

#37 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

Do you guys think it's weird to give a child a name from a different culture to your own?

I personally wouldn't give one to my kid, but mainly because I don't want them to spend their whole lives pronouncing it for other people or having to spell it. If I were to marry someone who wasn't white, I would approve of a middle name as a form of cultural reflection.

My kids have middle names after people important to their lives. My oldest's middle name is a feminine version of her bio-dads name, the youngest's we chose on a whim but ended up being a homophone for Yung's mother's middle name. (I wasn't around for the naming of the middle kid, but I doubt her name means anything)The next baby has it's middle name picked out already regardless of the fights I'm sure will ensue over the first name. (Anthony for a boy, after Yung's grandfather and Estelle for a girl after my great-grandmother)

I actually LOVE Noah, but it's so popular right now it won't be either of my next two kid's names, so I didn't bother mentioning it. As a Jessica, I know having the same name as loads of other people sucks. That's why I picked the names I do, I think. They're traditional enough that everyone can spell and pronounce them, but old-fashioned enough no one else is naming their kids that. And I guess as long as we stay in America it'll stay like that. lol

#38 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

I have no imagination; most of my favourite names come from all my fandoms. I'm very fond of twin names though. Like Tyrian and Indigo (Indie/Indy for short) for girl/boy twins. That's likely my favouritest pair ever. Damien/Dorian for male twins. I personally have a semi-common name spelt uncommonly, so I understand how annoying it is for people to misspell it all the time, so I'm not naming my kids anything that's an alternate spelling of something else. It's either gonna be obviously common, or obviously uncommon.

#39 Laura01

Laura01
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

I like Athena and Rebecca for a girl, and Robert and Walter for a boy. :)

#40 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

Boy: Dante

Girl: Kayleigh

:)

#41 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

Denzel Washington no matter the gender.

#42 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

Lucifer. We'll call her Lucy for short.

#43 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Lucifer. We'll call her Lucy for short.

that's actually so pretty ~

#44 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Strategist

Kate Nudes

Onlyme

Trichomes

OoeyGooeyYumYumYummy

Beyonce

Buddha

#45 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

Bone

Bone

Bone

Bone

OoeyGooeyYumYumYummy

Bone

Bone

Fixed.

#46 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

My son is due Monday / Tuesday, we've settled on Pace Alexander as his given names.

You don't realize how many people you don't like, until you try to pick a name for your child, and then realize fuck, this person will think we named him after them for some stupid reason.

Also, some names make it hard for a second given name that will flow with it or you find one that is OK but then realize his initials make it look bad so you don't settle on it.  My last name starts with S, and we were going to give him my 2nd given name but I realized his initials would be PMS and decided hell no.

#47 willytung

willytung
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Yeah. I tried to pick names that had sound good with my terrible last name.

#48 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:50 AM

Anna, Audrey, William, Dalia, James (but I can't because my brother's name is Jaymes), Julian, Lucy, Carolina.

I LIKE TOO MANY NAMES.

Crossed a few out. Dahlia's are my favorite flower, but I don't like the name much anymore. No more James because my brother is Jaymes. No more Julian because... I dunno. No more Carolina. No more Anna. My middle name is Anne. Maybe that's too tacky. 

I'm adding Jamison (Jamie for short), Caroline (yeah, I just got rid of Carolina). 

I'm just adding all of this for safekeeping. Don't worry, I'm not having kids until I'm 90 at this rate.

#49 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:11 AM

I used to have a list of names that I fancied back when I was in a serious relationship, but until I find a potential wife I wont hurt my brain trying to think of them again :p.

#50 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:19 AM

Crossed a few out. Dahlia's are my favorite flower, but I don't like the name much anymore. No more James because my brother is Jaymes. No more Julian because... I dunno. No more Carolina. No more Anna. My middle name is Anne. Maybe that's too tacky. 

I'm adding Jamison (Jamie for short), Caroline (yeah, I just got rid of Carolina). 

I'm just adding all of this for safekeeping. Don't worry, I'm not having kids until I'm 90 at this rate.

At that rate you won't be able to have kids Em!

Girls:

Sophie, Sophia, Molly, Macy, Stella, Bristol, Rena, or Jena

Boys:

Sawyer, Noah, Raymond (Ray), Isiah, Raphael, Malcolm, or Joaquin 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baby, name, naming, child, what, would, you, your, children, babies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users