78 replies to this topic

#26 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

OKAY SO!

I've decided to have a bracket style tournament FIRST and then follow it up with a set pokemon gym challenge?

Depending on how well you do in the tournament will decide your priority as far as choosing the type for your own gym

Sound good? :D

#27 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

OKAY SO!

I've decided to have a bracket style tournament FIRST and then follow it up with a set pokemon gym challenge?

Depending on how well you do in the tournament will decide your priority as far as choosing the type for your own gym

Ja.

#28 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

Yeah I'm down. When do we start?

#29 MichaelA

MichaelA
  • Very Hard to Shoot

• 484 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

im down to

#30 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

OKAY SO!

Yeah, that sounds good!! :3

#31 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Should I make another thread to officially start the tournament or should we just start sign-ups here?

#32 MichaelA

MichaelA
  • Very Hard to Shoot

• 484 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

another :D

#33 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

Maybe the winner of each tournament becomes Pokemon Master and doesn't need to challenge the gym leaders in the next tournament. They're automatically at the top and whoever "wins" the new tournament must battle the Pokemon Master for rights to the title. Winner receives the title for the next month and loser goes back to gym battle next tourney.

Or if you do a tourney roughly once a month - give everyone a fair chance to beat the gym leaders. If you lose to any gym leader you are knocked out (unless everyone loses)

Whoever manages to beat all leaders within the alotted timeframe (say a week to beat them giving people a chance around work) go into a knockout bracket style. Final winner is Pokemon Master. As per first idea, the last months Pokemon master doesn't need to battle the gym leaders but must defend his title on the bracket knockouts.

Edited by Doomsday, 26 April 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#34 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hey. @Ivysaur.

Why is your signature full of pokemon asses?

#35 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

Hey. @Ivysaur.

Why is your signature full of pokemon asses?

Because they're battling! 
(And they're my favorite pokemon)

#36 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

Because they're battling! 
(And they're my favorite pokemon)

Your 'favourite' Pokemon eh? 

tumblr_lpxo74mtUx1qg076no4_250.gif

#37 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

Your 'favourite' Pokemon eh? 

tumblr_lpxo74mtUx1qg076no4_250.gif

BACK OFF STRAT,

#38 badpotato32

badpotato32
  • 117 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

found a video for you all pokemon battlers :)

#39 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

Lanzar_Pokeball.gifCodex Pokebattle Royale #2 Discussion!Lanzar_Pokeball.gif

SO! I think a few people are interested in another tour so let's start talking about it!

I really want to do something different from the last round so I was considering switching up the tiers we use this time. I would love to do Underused but..I'm open to any suggestions.

As far as the Gym leader thing goes, I guess I also wanna know if people are still up for this. This would be a long-term commitment. I don't know if there are enough people here for 8 leaders so maybe we could start small?

Speak!

#40 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

I haven't committed to the last tournament because I was too busy and stressed with projects/finals. This summer, I'll be able to commit.

#41 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Yeah I believe we could knock up a few awards for this one :) (If anyone has skills in pixel art awards :p then please, by all means, give some a crack and send them on in!)

Is it ok if it doesn't really blink and stuff? o-o like a simple one?

#42 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

I don't know if awards will be given out if this happens too close to the other one. I don't want them to become super common.

Edit: Not to sound elitist or something I just think the awards should be semi-exclusive.

Edited by Ivysaur, 07 May 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#43 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

well I'd be different silly

#44 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

That's perfectly fine :)

#45 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

If this event is going to repeat fairly frequently (and there seems to be interest for it), isn't it unnecessary/impractical to make new awards each time?

#46 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

I don't know if awards will be given out if this happens too close to the other one. I don't want them to become super common.

Edit: Not to sound elitist or something I just think the awards should be semi-exclusive.

Why?

Also, I think we should still do tiered this time, but make it so everyone gets at least 2 chances to battle. :)

Edited by Kat, 08 May 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#47 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:18 AM

I'm definitely up for taking part in this one considering I missed the last one :D

The only thing I'd suggest is a bit of a shake up with the tournament tree to make it so that more battles take place. 

You could split people into groups of 4 and have each member of that group battle each of the other opponents. The top 2 players with the most wins from those groups can then go through to the next stages. This would mean even if you suck (like me :p) you'll still face each of the opponents in your group at least once (so, 3 games at least). 

This would also solve the award issue because the tournament would go on for longer. You could even customise awards to say at what point the participant exited the tournament.  :)

#48 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

Concerning the award thing...

The participant award is and should remain a more common award.

The other two awards are for first and second place winners; this and of itself makes it semi-limited so I don't see an issue in keeping it this way. You gotta be a strong battler to earn them, period.

#49 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

You gotta be a strong battler to earn them, period.

Or abuse cheaper strategies.

#50 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

Or abuse cheaper strategies.

Which of course calls for a stronger counter. Either way I don't see it being an inhibiting factor and making new awards for this all the time is going to just flood the awards and devalue the awards further.

Also... it's not my fault you allowed me to set you up with Imprison Smeargle. :p

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokemon, showdow, tournament

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users