• 42 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

TIL that women are always right.

#402 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:02 PM

Today I learned that children of this era are WAY WAY WAAAYYYY more advanced than our era as children.

I'm horrified, surprised, and amazed, all at the same time.

Edited by Llyir, 01 June 2016 - 08:18 PM.

#403 Kwi

Kwi
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:13 PM

Today I learned that pickles are just cucumber that's been soaked. My mind was totally blown, but urgh, now it makes sense why they look sorta similar..

#404 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:17 PM

Today I learned that children of this era are WAY WAY WAAAYYYY more advance than our era as children.

I'm horrified, surprised, and amazed, all at the same time.

It scared the piss out of me watching my 2 year old niece (at the time) use a freaking iPad. She could open it up, swipe left or right on the screen, and find her little kid app. Skynet is coming...

#405 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:24 AM

TIL that you can adjust the playback speed of videos on YouTube. This amuses me way more than it should.

#406 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

Today I learned who really cares about me more so than ever. I also learned that a few people on the forum are exactly the opposite of what they claim to stand for. I've lost quite a bit of respect for those people. Good. Fucking. Job.

#407 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:42 PM

Today I learned who really cares about me more so than ever. I also learned that a few people on the forum are exactly the opposite of what they claim to stand for. I've lost quite a bit of respect for those people. Good. Fucking. Job.

Welcome to the Internet Adam!

#408 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:43 PM

Welcome to the Internet Adam!

c2b619d2012e269a048d6db206d1a82f.jpg

Also, I just saw that I first posted this thread almost 2 years ago. I can't believe it, I feel like I posted the OP just a few months ago. I'm going to be 30 before I know it...smh

#409 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:51 PM

TIL

#410 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:18 AM

TIL Bob Ross is a doula

#411 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:43 AM

TIL Bob Ross is was a doula

FTFY. Also by definition isn't a doula a woman? Because if so, TIL Bob Ross was a woman.

#412 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:47 AM

FTFY. Also by definition isn't a doula a woman? Because if so, TIL Bob Ross was a woman.

If you're being pedantic or ancient Greek, yes. If you're looking on any medical source, it's a person who assists during labor.

#413 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:55 AM

If you're being pedantic or ancient Greek, yes. If you're looking on any medical source, it's a person who assists during labor.

Well before your post 36 minutes ago, I didn't have any idea what a doula was, so I learned that today as well.

#414 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:58 AM

Well before your post 36 minutes ago, I didn't have any idea what a doula was, so I learned that today as well.

lol oh, ok. My next question was going to be what would you call a non-licensed male that assists in birth if not a doula, but never mind.

TIL Bob Ross is dead

#415 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

lol oh, ok. My next question was going to be what would you call a non-licensed male that assists in birth if not a doula, but never mind.

TIL Bob Ross is dead

Did you also know that Bob Ross was a USAF Retired Master Sergeant?

#416 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:01 AM

Did you also know that Bob Ross was a USAF Retired Master Sergeant?

Until today, the only thing I knew about him is that he had pimp hair and could draw happy shit.

#417 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:09 AM

It scared the piss out of me watching my 2 year old niece (at the time) use a freaking iPad. She could open it up, swipe left or right on the screen, and find her little kid app. Skynet is coming...

TIL\Noticed something similar to this. This may be true; however, have you noticed how little problem solving skills, this generation possesses? Eight to fourteen year old children(that I've seen) don't know how to fix a problem, without a video or pictures. Which is somewhat okay, at least they know how to find the guides on their own. The error here, is they don't really understand what they're doing and sometimes ignore potential future errors. My cousins, my friend's family, the neighbor's kids, aren't comfortable plugging in an HDMI cable into the TV. They ask us to do it. Everyone in my grade school days, could hook up an Xbox or N64, in 30 seconds, box to TV.

Maybe it's all anecdotal. Personally, I think kids these days are too programmed by full step by step directions.

#418 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:19 AM

That drug dealers can distribute meth on white paper and that the buyers would suck on it to get high

#419 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:43 PM

After quite a few blood tests, TIL I definitely have thalassemia. Minor, though.

TI(also)L that this medicine I'm taking makes your pee green. Not fun.

#420 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:52 PM

After quite a few blood tests, TIL I definitely have thalassemia. Minor, though.

TI(also)L that this medicine I'm taking makes your pee green. Not fun.

Oh crap, man, I'm sorry.  Do they know what type yet? Much of that has to do with descent unfortunately. Familial history? :\

#421 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:00 PM

Oh crap, man, I'm sorry.  Do they know what type yet? Much of that has to do with descent unfortunately. Familial history? :\

It's fine, it never really affected me, I only found out because my uncle (who's a doctor) noticed it from a blood test ages ago, but we thought it was a problem with the lab we took it (they always have problems lol), but we've gotten that many times, so it's true. I'm not sure on the type, but it's probably alpha as I've never had any issues with my blood. So far, at least :p

And yeah, probably got it from my mom - everyone from her mom's family is of Mediterranean descent. Just gotta be careful when I decide to have a baby (which is very far from happening).

#422 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:57 PM

A family friend and his wife both had it. It only affected one of their two sons though. I know it's supposed to be minor, but sorry to hear all the same.

#423 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

TIL identical twins have the exact same rate of occurring no matter what the circumstances are, but fraternal twins are dependent on a lot of different factors and occur most often in Nigeria and least often in China @Coops

#424 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:53 PM

TIL identical twins have the exact same rate of occurring no matter what the circumstances are, but fraternal twins are dependent on a lot of different factors and occur most often in Nigeria and least often in China @Coops

So is that why I don't have a fraternal twin @Jess? 

#425 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

So is that why I don't have a fraternal twin @Jess?

Or maybe you did have one and just absorbed it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #til, til, learn, hello

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users