• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#351 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:44 AM

The only thing disturbing about that was buying a shepherds pie at a bar...

For real. I've never seen a bar offer that .

Edited by Mishelle, 22 December 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#352 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:57 AM

The only thing disturbing about that was buying a shepherds pie at a bar...

For real. I've never seen a bar offer that .

Neither of you have ever been to a bar that also serves good 'pub style' food? Very odd. I guess it also depends what your version of pub style food is.

#353 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

Neither of you have ever been to a bar that also serves good 'pub style' food? Very odd. I guess it also depends what your version of pub style food is.

Suspect in Lee's case it might be a difference in term of what Brits think of as a bar...I wouldn't ever get Shepherd's Pie in a bar, but I would in a pub. :p Either that or he really hates Shepherd's Pie.

#354 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:41 AM

TIL that I have a much harder time talking to white girls than girls of any other ethnicity. I've been thinking this for a few years now, and I guess this is the first time I've ever admitted it.

Agreed, but some times girls of other ethnicity's just get way too much down to earth and go on, not that it's a bad thing, but it might just be the program I'm in at school that focuses on urban education (the city and how we can fix education as teachers).

In my program I am 1 of 6 guys...1 of 2 white guys and like 1 of 5 total white people in the program. The rest is a mix of everything else, so I have talked to many different ethnicity's and yes, the girls that are not white are easier to talk to, but man, they can go on and on, not that it's a bad thing though, they are passionate about what they're talking about and I like that.

#355 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:12 PM

When my friends and I get drug we usually end up skipping the bar food and getting Mexican food. Being that drunk is the only way I can rationalize eating carne asada fries.

#356 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

Suspect in Lee's case it might be a difference in term of what Brits think of as a bar...I wouldn't ever get Shepherd's Pie in a bar, but I would in a pub. :p Either that or he really hates Shepherd's Pie.

There is nowhere which isn't a potential pie vendor, you just need to ask and hope. Bar? Pie. Pub? Pie. Library? Pie.

#357 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:48 PM

There is nowhere which isn't a potential pie vendor, you just need to ask and hope. Bar? Pie. Pub? Pie. Library? Pie.

You don't count a shepherd's pie as a pie do you, you northern monkey?!! 

#358 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:52 PM

You don't count a shepherd's pie as a pie do you, you northern monkey?!! 

In order to be classified as a pie it must be able to be held and consumed with one hand whilst holding a pint in/punching a horse in the face with t'other. So, by that definition, no.

Also, bit racist given my Nigerian heritage. :(

#359 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:11 PM

I once had a hot chicken sandwich in a pub. But usually get wings or a burger. Don't think I've ordered pub food at a bar before though

#360 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:17 PM

In order to be classified as a pie it must be able to be held and consumed with one hand whilst holding a pint in/punching a horse in the face with t'other. So, by that definition, no.

Also, bit racist given my Nigerian heritage. :(

Well thank god for that. After the Star Wars debacle, this would have been too much.

And heh.

#361 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:31 PM

TIL that contractors will say anything to get out of work. The contractor told my boss that I told him (the contractor) that we were too busy for the contractors to do any work. Ummm, we're so slow this week. I definitely didn't tell you that.

#362 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:32 PM

TIL how to whip naenae

#363 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:08 PM

TIL how to whip naenae

Explain to me, in great detail, please.

@Jess

#364 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:50 AM

Explain to me, in great detail, please.

@Jess

I sent you a video on fb. If someone can tell me how to dl videos off fb, I'll post it here.

#365 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:15 AM

I learned knew things in photoshop today... Also learned that we really need to handle crisis better. We worry way to much over stuff and stress heaps and end up lazy and our house gets so messy... Hahaha

#366 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:06 PM

1:10 people have an accessory spleen

#367 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:01 PM

TIL What the inside of an etch-a-sketch looks like

#368 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:23 PM

TIL that I apparently have recently reprogrammed my biological clock to sleep and wake up preettyy early. And by that I meant that I got tired around 9pm and slept at like 10pm. And woke up at 6am. Interesting.

#369 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

TIL about "Operation Northwoods". I'm appalled to know that I work for such a corrupt government.

https://en.wikipedia...tion_Northwoods

#370 warmonger2

warmonger2
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:27 AM

Looks like a cookie LOL

#371 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

Thanks to @shrouded that some parts of the same State are in different timezones.

united-states-time-zone-map.gif

Whoever came up with that idea must have also kept the imperial measurement system. 

#372 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

Looks like a cookie LOL

What looks like a cookie?

Thanks to @shrouded that some parts of the same State are in different timezones.

united-states-time-zone-map.gif

Whoever came up with that idea must have also kept the imperial measurement system. 

Wait you seriously didn't know that? Where have you been?!

#373 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:19 PM

today i learned that instead of clicking "show all" smileys when replying to a thread, i can just click that tiny little arrow that i was too blind to see before and it will go through the entire list 

#374 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:23 PM

What looks like a cookie?

Wait you seriously didn't know that? Where have you been?!

Clearly living under a rock. But seriously, I mentioned it to some of my coworkers today and they were as surprised as me. 

#375 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

Clearly living under a rock. But seriously, I mentioned it to some of my coworkers today and they were as surprised as me. 

I didn't know either, and I am surprised too. @Adam we're not Americans, what's surprising about us not knowing?! lmao

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #til, til, learn, hello

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users