Quantcast

Photo

Store Size - What are you working with? Should I go bigger?

ambrosia store selling profit help

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 becauseIcan

becauseIcan
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

Good Morning! Good title, huh? :)

Rather than work, I am contemplating if my store size is adequate to provide the profits I am desiring. Currently, I have a 150 size store that I keep 90 to 95% filled with AB'd items. I have it priced 10% lower than the lowest price unless it is under 200 NPs. I only have a few items (<5) that are less than 50 NPs. I am making from 80K to 100K/day. I am very casual on my ABing/pricing (once a day in the eve and sometimes while I am drinking coffee in the morn). I would like to make about 250K to 300K to start providing more for my stamp addiction. :)

In short, should I increase my store size to 160, 170..?

Please - let me hear your suggestions as I know there is a lot of experience out there! :)

Thank you! :)

Edited by becauseIcan, 24 March 2015 - 08:33 AM.

#2 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:55 AM

I am at 100 but I haven't AB or auto priced my shop in a long long time. I only make it bigger when my shop inventory is full. I hate having to use NeonAP to price such a large shop, so I doubt I'll ever go any larger than 100. If you have items to fill up a larger shop, as well as some disposable NP to make it larger, I don't see the harm in making it bigger.

#3 becauseIcan

becauseIcan
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:21 AM

No a bad way of looking at it. :) I do have a little bit left over atm as I am only buying mid-level stamps. Let's see what happens if I bump up this shop size. Thanks, @talbs!

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

I'm around 65. I'm like @talbs, I only upgrade when I run out of space. It takes hours for neon to price everything. *sigh*

#5 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

The bigger the better. #y2k

#6 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

I don't think I can keep more than 15 items in my shop.

Used to average around 300k on a good day.

#7 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

I'm at ~300. I used to have it full, but barely can keep it at half-full now that restocking lower-profit items isn't profitable. (This is why I hate the mass deflation.)

If you find your needs aren't being met at the size you have, increase. Maybe get a little extra room anyways. There's no harm in having a bit more space. :)

#8 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:16 PM

I used to max out my shop, but I worry less and less about maxing it and more about competitive pricing. If it takes a few more days to sell but I can sell it for more, then I do. 

#9 becauseIcan

becauseIcan
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

Hmm. Good thoughts all around! I sized up the shop, stocked it, and will see on the morrow if I have a notable increase. Ugh - yall were right that it takes forever to price...>< Thank yall tons!

Update: Added 15 more spaces to the shop. Filled shop with AB'd items. Ran AP.

Note: This morning I used another site to check with the prices as I sold only one item. I noticed that the APer was pricing things very high. I checked the settings to make sure that it was still set to lowest -10%. All settings confirmed but still not really current with price trends.

Question: Is the item database still being update frequently or weekly or other?

#10 ninjaweeb

ninjaweeb
  • 91 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:01 PM

Not to brag or anything... but I'm totally rocking a size 10 shop. Yeah you read that right.. 10  :excl:  Doin' big things over here, y'all 

#11 zbarnwell

zbarnwell
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

Just have enough to sell most of your items. Malls are completely useless now with the little amount of people playing the site.

#12 Mikkun

Mikkun
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:46 AM

Man, looking through these forums I feel like I just do Neopets entirely wrong. hahaha 

My poor little shop is only size 11. :( 

#13 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

Just upgraded my shop to 100 because items sell less often and you collect more. Saturday is usually a nice little pay day!

#14 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:31 AM

used to have between 50 and 100, that was enough for my needs. most things i'd ab would go straight into the sdb to be forgotten forever and never actually sold

#15 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

I used to have a size 100 :) But right now it's at 0, since I'm just starting again.

#16 Epicurion

Epicurion
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

530 and growing, for those that say malls are dead...you must not be in one :)

#17 pimpjuice905

pimpjuice905
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:54 AM

my shop size is 46 and most the time has 150+ items in it ... i jsut started on here havent got around to using the autbuying program imactually a pro auction sniper i started to learn to restock wen the shut down the auction house for almost a month and i needed to make profit every morning i empty out my shop til after a full day of auction sniping and restocking ..  i dont remeber the last time that my shop had less than 1m in the till  in the morning after full 24hours...on a really good day ill have up to 1.5m -2m in there ..i price all my items myself 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ambrosia, store, selling, profit, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users