Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something good that happened to you today.

happy shit

• Please log in to reply
2915 replies to this topic

#2876 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:49 PM

So yesterday was match day and I found out I got my first choice in residency programs! So I get to stay in my hometown and I don't have to move!

#2877 vintagesoul

vintagesoul
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:33 PM

It stormed today and that made me happy.... lol 

#2878 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:54 PM

I got my teeth cleaned and it didn't hurt!

#2879 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:34 PM

We had a meeting about student loans today. And partly because of scholarships (both undergrad and med school) and because the house I bought 5 years ago has doubled in value, rather than having $200,000 of student debt (which is the national average for med school graduates) I actually have $200,000 in equity!

#2880 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:34 AM

My physical therapist did some manual work on my shoulder today because I have been having extra pain when I turn my head to the left. She's a really awesome physical therapist. 

#2881 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:34 AM

Had a really nice/relaxing day with my sister and dad.

#2882 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:46 PM

Someone in one of my local support groups posted a job listing, explicitly stating that the business owner told her to ask first in these groups, because they are super disability friendly. The job would be teaching water aerobics courses. I would get certified and there's no experience necessary. I wouldn't even have to teach in the pool if I didn't want to (but I want to). The only requirement is a CPR certification and being able to swim. I don't even have to be able to swim great lol. It's $15 an hour and it sounds like they are very accommodating. I would literally get paid to exercise for 2-3 hours a day. I'm so excited. I'm going on Wednesday to do one of the classes, meet the owner and the teacher who posted the listing. It sounds like an incredible opportunity for me. Q.Q

#2883 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:22 PM

Yesterday, I took my very first college class in 13 years! It went well and I'll have the class 2x a week for the next 10 weeks to help improve/advance my accounting skills and move me forward at work :D

#2884 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:20 PM

My physical therapist was able to stabilize my shoulder today but my collar bone is still dislocating! So, next time, we're gonna try a different taping method to hold it all together and stabilize everything. I'm so happy. It was much easier to do my exercises today and caused less pain. Woo.

#2885 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

I just saw this and I'm so happy ;_; <3

A newly discovered species of myrtle in China has been officially called "Reimu" by the Beijing Forestry University. People got in touch with them and confirmed that it was indeed named as such due to the plants resembling Reimu Hakurei's frilly red-white ribbon.

Touhou has had a special place in my heart for a long, long, long time. Seeing something like this is so wonderful! Take a look at just how pretty this flower is. It really does look like her ribbon!

mNRWU78.jpg

#2886 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:41 PM

Well, you can officially call me Kaddict, MD today!

#2887 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

Congratulations, @Kaddict!!!  :yahoo:

#2888 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:54 PM

Congrats and well deserved!

#2889 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:08 PM

Thanks guys! It has been a long road for sure, but it has definitely been worth it. Now for my 3 years of residency training...

#2890 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:04 AM

Congrats @Kaddict!! That's fantastic

#2891 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

Got off work 2 hours early!!! Finished all my homework so I don't have to do any this weekend! Woohoo let the long weekend of fun commence :D

(No, I do not have any exciting plans)

#2892 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:42 AM

I ordered a shirt a few weeks ago and a woman I co-admin a fb group with had all the shirts made locally to her and mailed them herself. She's an herbalist and when I got my shirt, she had sent a few salve samples and a letter with it and everything smelled good.

#2893 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:13 AM

Finished my Fortnite challenges and ready to play some wow after a refreshing shower ^_^

#2894 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:22 PM

Popped back into Codex and was reminded of this thread of sunshine. My favorite internet contribution 

#2895 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:51 PM

It's a really good contribution yes

#2896 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:47 AM

Popped back into Codex and was reminded of this thread of sunshine. My favorite internet contribution 

Glad to see you still popping by @Shannon. Hope all is well.

#2897 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:52 PM

My fiance has been holding a secret/surprise over my head for like a month and a half now. He sent me a random text at work a while ago saying "I need you to request the day off of work for June 29th." And I obliged and I've been asking ever since what the heck are we doing? I knew we were going somewhere for the weekend but that's it.
Well the time has come for me to be "in the know" and we are going freaking WHITE WATER RAFTING!!! I am so excited for this, I have never been but I have wanted to do this for a long time. We do a lot of river floats with small rapids but I'm always wanting more adrenaline.
We leave tomorrow to travel halfway across the state and check into the hotel then we'll be on our adventure most of the day Saturday. Even better is my brother and his girlfriend are joining us.

Stay tuned to find out if I die or not....

#2898 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:07 PM

I got my Grove Defiler mount :D

moosemount2_nightmare-img2.jpg

I love playing with a real, close guild!

#2899 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

Contacts :D

#2900 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

My fiance has been holding a secret/surprise over my head for like a month and a half now. He sent me a random text at work a while ago saying "I need you to request the day off of work for June 29th." And I obliged and I've been asking ever since what the heck are we doing? I knew we were going somewhere for the weekend but that's it.
Well the time has come for me to be "in the know" and we are going freaking WHITE WATER RAFTING!!! I am so excited for this, I have never been but I have wanted to do this for a long time. We do a lot of river floats with small rapids but I'm always wanting more adrenaline.
We leave tomorrow to travel halfway across the state and check into the hotel then we'll be on our adventure most of the day Saturday. Even better is my brother and his girlfriend are joining us.

Stay tuned to find out if I die or not....

I survived and I had a freaking blast!!! I cannot wait to do that again very soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users