Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something bad that happened to you today.

• Please log in to reply
2269 replies to this topic

#2126 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

My new primary doctor is super awesome. But my potassium levels aren't great again. I'm so confused. I've been stuffing my face since my 911 debacle, with potatoes, spinach, beans, broccoli, yogurt, orange juice and the like to try to get my numbers up. I even cut back caffeine. What the actual fuck body. e.e

Are you taking any meds that would inhibit absorption or have any lower intestinal disorders or issues?

#2127 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

Are you taking any meds that would inhibit absorption or have any lower intestinal disorders or issues?

Nope. Prior to my potassium issue, I was only taking Tylenol. And I don't have any diagnosed GI issues. But EDS has several motility disorders that come with it. Even for my pre-op this week my potassium was barely normal and that's with a low dose potassium supplement. I guess I'll be seeing a nephrologist. :(

#2128 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:26 PM

Woke up crying and haven't stopped crying for more than half an hour all day. (: Life's great

#2129 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

Classes started yesterday and I still haven't gotten my disbursements. I haven't even gotten an email explaining the delay, despite emailing three different people in the financial aid office. I'm feeling a bit frustrated and anxious about it. Bleh.

#2130 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

Nope. Prior to my potassium issue, I was only taking Tylenol. And I don't have any diagnosed GI issues. But EDS has several motility disorders that come with it. Even for my pre-op this week my potassium was barely normal and that's with a low dose potassium supplement. I guess I'll be seeing a nephrologist. :(

I didn't know you had Ehlers-Danlos. Is that what your brain surgery was for a while ago, an aneurysm or something? Sorry, I can't remember exactly what it was.

#2131 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

I didn't know you had Ehlers-Danlos. Is that what your brain surgery was for a while ago, an aneurysm or something? Sorry, I can't remember exactly what it was.

Uhm, yes and no. The most recent brain surgery was stenting for intracranial stenosis secondary to EDS, causing intracranial hypertension. The one last year was for Chiari malformation which is often seen with EDS patients.

#2132 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

Crashed the bike :( Thankfully the damage to it is pretty minimal, but the worst part was being trapped under it, and the woman who knocked me off was more concerned about checking the scratch on the side of her car, rather than me laying helplessly shouting for help to lift the fucking bike off me. But no by all means go ahead and check the scratch on your car, don't mind me just chilling on the side of the road with a heavy ass bike laying on top of me, das coo, I hope your car is fine.

#2133 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:07 AM

How to make money by making people sick and providing the cure?

Bayer bought Monsanto.

#2134 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:55 AM

I opened the front door to our building today and I was standing too close because I banged the shit out of my knee and it hasn't stopped hurting for over an hour :(

I got a papercut on my knuckle opening some mail this morning

#2135 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:10 AM

I got a notification on Twitter stating that one of my contacts joined twitter. I looked at it and it's some troglodyte called The White Devil who felt the need to make a troll account to talk shit instead of using their personal Twitter. I'm really pissed that I have this asshole somewhere in my phone and or Facebook contacts. It's legit giving me anxiety that I may be associating with this person while they smile in my face and say ignorant racist shit when they know they're anonymous. Ugh. It's such a bitch ass thing to do.

#2136 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:04 AM

Working on my graduation project with two classmates. We're bound to a certain part of the city to base our project on.

I've spent the past week researching statistics. Just found out that the city district we're researching, called Leidsche Rijn, consists of two neighbourhoods; Leidsche Rijn and Vleuten-De Meern. I also realized that I've only been researching the neighbourhood Leidsche Rijn instead of city district Leidsche Rijn, meaning the conclusions drawn from the statistics are all wrong because they didn't involve the second neighbourhood, Vleuten-De Meern.

Long story short; I accidentally only researched half of what I was supposed to look into and found out after a week. Fml.

#2137 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:53 AM

I can't remember why I used to like being pregnant. I'm miserable and I have to lay down half the day (not including sleep) because I'm so exhausted and sore from the extra weight and I still have 2 more months of this.

#2138 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

I can't remember why I used to like being pregnant. I'm miserable and I have to lay down half the day (not including sleep) because I'm so exhausted and sore from the extra weight and I still have 2 more months of this.

You liked being pregnant? I thought ladies just endured pregnancy because the kids were worthwhile. But, I have not heard of people enjoying pregnancy. ha. Well, good luck.

#2139 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:10 PM

You liked being pregnant? I thought ladies just endured pregnancy because the kids were worthwhile. But, I have not heard of people enjoying pregnancy. ha. Well, good luck.

Oh, I loved it. It's something I'm usually good at, minor morning sickness, feeling life move around inside of you, an excuse to watch birthing videos... I just feel like my body is getting destroyed right now though.

#2140 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:48 PM

Got my first chest wax. Damn, it was painfull as fuck.

#2141 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

January 25, 2011 - October 6, 2016

Today, my marriage officially died.

#2142 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:05 PM

January 25, 2011 - October 6, 2016

Today, my marriage officially died.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I'd give you platitudes like "it's probably for the best", but srsly, you just had a LOT of stress. I hope you get some low key days in the very near future, and it involves your favorite foods, beverages, and people.

And mental hugs, from me, whether you want them or not, but look... no actual touching strangers!

My bad? I had to drive away, nonchalantly, with pets, while husband waited for some Sgt to pick him up for National Guard hurricane duty, still nonchalantly. And I was a little proud for being all prepared and leaving on time and prepping the house to not get flooded, and I stacked the quilts on the highest thing in the house (that probably WONT flood because it's super modern) and people on Facebook were still all "Kathryn, why didn't you take the quilts too? You should have taken them." Like, dude, I just fit all the perishable food, and cats, and dog, and their important stuff, and my backpack of clothes, and backpack of everything to study for my midterm, and a tote of water and wine and a haunted gingerbread house kit, and totally didn't have room for 5 quilts (that will totally be fine), and btw, I'm totally fine, thanks for being worried. -.- #FirstWorldProblems (Glad your alive, but, why didn't you rescue the quilts?)

#2143 windy

windy
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:18 PM

A stranger in public came up to me while I was waiting for my friends and asked me out on a date, and for my number.. I politely refused saying I don't do that with strangers, and he was okay with that. I thought it was very flattering lol.

#2144 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:07 PM

My dumb af ball python got stuck in a key ring. I looked away for one second and he'd gone through the hoop. When I tried to untangle him because it was obvious he wouldn't be able to get through, he tried to escape and kind of pushed the ring further down his body to were he is the thickest. There was no way for me to get it off, as I had to push it against his scales. He hated it and tried to free himself, only to push the ring even further down and into his flesh. I kind of had a little mental shut down because he started wheezing and I was absolutely sure that this was going to be the end for him. Called me dad, he came round with a set of cutter thingies, those weren't strong enough because the keychain rings were thicc af. So he drove me to the emergency vet, where they tried for half an hour to get him out, no success. Had to go out of the room because I started to cry and I don't cry infront of strangers. Eventually they got these huuuuge metal cutting scissors and that did the trick. My poor baby has some red markings and some fucked up scales, BUT his skin didn't break through so he should be fine.

Tldr: Almost killed my beloved snake and cried infront of the vets because I love this long muscle with dung for brains. The end.

#2145 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:13 PM

My dumb af ball python got stuck in a key ring. I looked away for one second and he'd gone through the hoop. When I tried to untangle him because it was obvious he wouldn't be able to get through, he tried to escape and kind of pushed the ring further down his body to were he is the thickest. There was no way for me to get it off, as I had to push it against his scales. He hated it and tried to free himself, only to push the ring even further down and into his flesh. I kind of had a little mental shut down because he started wheezing and I was absolutely sure that this was going to be the end for him. Called me dad, he came round with a set of cutter thingies, those weren't strong enough because the keychain rings were thicc af. So he drove me to the emergency vet, where they tried for half an hour to get him out, no success. Had to go out of the room because I started to cry and I don't cry infront of strangers. Eventually they got these huuuuge metal cutting scissors and that did the trick. My poor baby has some red markings and some fucked up scales, BUT his skin didn't break through so he should be fine.

Tldr: Almost killed my beloved snake and cried infront of the vets because I love this long muscle with dung for brains. The end.

Glad your baby is okay though. Poor noodle. :(

#2146 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:46 AM

Not today but this whole fucking weekend, my car has a massive leak that is letting all this rain water in and now my passenger side is flooded. I hope this wont cost a fortune to fix.

#2147 PenguinCat

PenguinCat
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:52 PM

I discovered that, yes, I am still lactose intolerant.

Edited by PenguinCat, 18 October 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#2148 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

I hate the fact that I have to write a lot more code just because people are lazy fucks. Responsive design is devil's work

#2149 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:55 PM

watching the leafs choke again

Edited by jinq, 25 October 2016 - 06:24 PM.

#2150 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:29 AM

This week honestly... is it over yet?

On Monday I was sent out to prepare a venue. While we were pushing around tall cabinets we hit an emergency exit sign on the ceiling and completely wrecked it. Those things are costly and I'm still unsure whether or not I have to pay for the expenses.

On Tuesday, I was sent out to another starting at 5pm until somewhere around midnight. Well, apparently, 'somewhere around midnight' meant 5 am, while I had to get up at 7 to attend school. I didn't sleep.

On Wednesday I was already incredibly cranky because of the lack of sleep. I got up from my desk, forget I was still wearing earphones, dragged my laptop onto the floor (it seems fine, luckily) and broke my jackplug in two.

Then today was another huge bummer but it requires a bit more explaining.

In the Netherlands, you used to get studyfinancing; a small monthly financial gift from the government to cover (part of) college tuition. Students nowadays have to take out a near-free loan and pay it all back after studying, but luckily I was the last generation to recieve financial aid. Along with studyfinancing you got a student's public transport chipcard (an Oyster card really) with which you could travel for free. I was fully under the impression I would recieve this until the end of my study, which, if I'm lucky, is June 2017. Apparently, I don't. Apparently I had to end my chipcardsubscription in the end of September, and today I found out I've gotten a fine of 200 euros because I'm two months late. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful I was able to use this for 6 years but I'm annoyed beyond belief that I was supposed to magically know all of this. Plus, I could've really used the 200 euros, you know, to buy food and stuff.

Just now I accidentally smacked a passenger on the train in the face with my backpack, and after I got off the train I fell flat on my face because my shoelaces were apparently untied.

Karma is shitting on me big time this week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users