• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

Would you like yourself? Would you love hanging out with yourself or think you're an annoying piece of shit? What would you talk about, what would you do?

#2 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

I am not sure. I sometimes come off rude to people. I'm not trying to be rude or anything. :(

#3 Arex

Arex
  • 140 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:09 PM

I honestly doubt it. I get pretty annoying and rude at times and I probably would hate myself if I ever met myself.

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:14 PM

I don't know. I think I'd annoy myself with my talk of all my fandoms and shippings. Or maybe I'd enjoy that because then I'd have someone to fangirl with.

I suppose I'd like my..um...ability of finding loopholes in things and exploiting them. My math professor said "no graphing/programable calculators". So I went and found a scientific calculator that has equation solvers built right into it. It's not a graphing calculator, and it's not a programable calculator, so it fits her rules on calculators. She never said anything about what features it should/shouldn't have. 

#5 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

If was going to meet me like I am today and the me-me was exactly like the other-me, I wouldn't like me.

I lack the most basic social skills (one day I really have to tell you about that one one time I scared all the kids in a kids' party and left them crying for their moms while I just shruged and silently mouthed to my deadly surprised husband "wtf did I do now?"), I'm incapable of making small talk, I rarely ask for things people ask in order to know each other ("how are you today? do you have siblings? What do you do for living?"), I find it really boring -because I am boring.

I'm not very friendly in person or when I met someone new.

But I would like some aspects of my personality because it's who I am and how I like to enjoy my time, not intrude with other peoples' lives, not caring about which celeb dates who, which colours are "trendy", have great moments of silence without being awkwark or spending an entire night talking nonsense about why something is this or that or why we have ten fingers and not 12 or why people are stupid (me-me and other-me mostly :p ) or discussing why a zombie apocalypse would make our lives better and show each others our I-have-this-just-in-case-of-a-zombie-"emergeny" suppliers or any gross/disgusting/morbid talk or who the hell thought about naming a colour "ochre" because every time I hear it an ogre figure appears in my mind.

#6 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:23 PM

I'd totally gay marry myself.  :cool:

Nothing better than sharing one's geekdoms with someone so being able to share them all with someone who "gets it" would be a nice change of pace.

Would also be nice not having to hide my weirdness or feel ashamed at my... "quirkiness".

The one person I can be comfortable being myself around completely - myself.

#7 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

I like me.

#8 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

Oh no. No. No. No. No. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL No.

caMl1Of.gif

I've actually experienced something similar to this prompt. The cliff notes version of the experience was that the conversation was boring, awkward and stagnant. People who truly know me understands that I have a very effective enabler nature--I somehow bring the best, the worst, and "the most" out of people. I destroy awkward silences and make even the most timid person the life of the party, even if means being in the background myself. I allow people to be the people they want and could be in situations where they cannot reach that potential by themselves. 

An enabler faced with an enabler will either create the duo that will destroy the world or absolutely nothing will happen. With me, the latter happened. It's mostly because I refuse to reveal much about myself when I'm with people. I'm not open to people as people would think. As a result the second me--the second enabler--would have zero material to work with. This is not the same as that saying where "iron sharpens iron" where one person will only strengthen another. For me, it's like leather rubs against leather. If I were with anything else, I would polish that object. But since I'm with leather, the only thing, if anything, that would be present is fruitless friction.

Now to answer your actual questions:

Would you like yourself?

Apathetic at best. I don't have enough to hate or like myself. Not even close as an entertainment value to kill time.

Would you love hanging out with yourself or think you're an annoying piece of shit?

See the first question. I don't have strong feelings as to remember his name.

What would you talk about, what would you do?

Ask about the weather, look down when there are awkward silences, and trigger my cellphone to make a false received call. From there, I would talk as if there was someone on the other end of the receiver and end the call. I would tell myself that it was nice and that I'm needed elsewhere. Both are lies.

#9 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

I'd totally gay marry myself.  :cool:

Nothing better than sharing one's geekdoms with someone so being able to share them all with someone who "gets it" would be a nice change of pace.

Would also be nice not having to hide my weirdness or feel ashamed at my... "quirkiness".

The one person I can be comfortable being myself around completely - myself.

We should discuss our views about a possible zombie outbreak. I'm not geek, but I'm weirdly weird, a bit gross, and I have no shame. We should totally be 73,89% bff.

#10 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

I would totally love/hate myself.

#11 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

I can even imagine how it would be like.

First, we would just say hi to each other. It would be awkward for about 20 minutes, until one of us start a conversation (I suck at it). But after one of us bring something up, we would slowly start talking more and more, until we're laughing at stupid stuff. After a couple hours, we would be making jokes about everything, but mostly dark humor, because I love it and wouldn't be afraid of offending myself. I'm pretty sure I would become my own bestfriend, because I'm a lonely person, and when I find someone I really feel connected, they become an important part of my life.

Not wanting to sound cocky, but sounding cocky, I really like myself. I think I'm a nice person, and I care more about other people than about myself, so it would work out pretty well between us.

"Be the type of person you want to meet" - I really like this quote.

#12 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:36 PM

I'd probably hate myself, because I come off as show-offish and cowardly sometimes.  I would probably never see myself again. :p

#13 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

I would hate myself. I'm a total bitch and prefer to not be around people. I mean I don't like me why would me as another person like me?

#14 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:48 PM

I hate everything about myself.

Thus I'd hate myself.

#15 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:25 PM

I've had suicide attempts before, as well as self-harmed. All because of self-loathing that dates back to when I was very small. So I think it would be pretty safe to say that I'd hate myself.

I actually have a hard time even just posting in a forum like this because I believe I'm obnoxious and my conscience keeps telling me my opinions aren't worth hearing. So forcing myself to be active here is pretty much a kind of exposure therapy for me.

#16 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

I'd love myself.

rj-self-hug.gif?w=400&h=261

tumblr_mnbf70SsGw1s7cdgbo1_250.gif

#17 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:52 PM

I've had suicide attempts before, as well as self-harmed. All because of self-loathing that dates back to when I was very small. So I think it would be pretty safe to say that I'd hate myself.

I actually have a hard time even just posting in a forum like this because I believe I'm obnoxious and my conscience keeps telling me my opinions aren't worth hearing. So forcing myself to be active here is pretty much a kind of exposure therapy for me.

Even if you hate yourself to the extent you believe in, would you still manage to project those strong emotions to an exact being as yourself? I think that you're not giving yourself enough credit when it comes to being socially and mentally strong. You have the capacity to be so much more than what you think you're limited to because of your experiences. I don't see you treating the other you with the self-loathing that you undergo alone. In fact, it's the opposite and how differently you would act will surprise you. Since you know everything the other "you" has experienced and have a deep understanding of the suffering they've endured, you would actually cheer them up and even be supportive for them even if you think that doing so if far above your reach. You will find that stepping out in the world of another person (even if it's just a clone of yourself), will teach you how strong you really are. Since you can do that much, you are fundamentally capable of reaching out to other people. You don't need to look for someone who looks exactly like you or even travel far to find people in need of a human touch or even have to commit to legendary feats of relationships to make a huge difference in someone's life.

#18 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

We should discuss our views about a possible zombie outbreak. I'm not geek, but I'm weirdly weird, a bit gross, and I have no shame. We should totally be 73,89% bff.

haha yeah, I'm starting to notice that ^_^

and if there ever is a zombie outbreak I've totally got your six. already have my carbon steel machete ready, and learning to make wine/beer/mead/etc. for barter & enjoyment. :p

#19 RedLoveBlackHeart

RedLoveBlackHeart
  • 265 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:09 AM

I don't always like what I do but if I met myself and hated myself then I'd want to kill myself. However if I love myself then I give myself room to grow instead then I'd slowly see transformation. It's not always easy loving myself but I know it would be to my best interest to love myself. If I can't love myself it will be harder for me to love others. If I hate myself then I might think of myself lower than others and thus believe I don't have value or purpose.

#20 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:42 AM

Fuck. I really don't know.

Would you like yourself?
Not really, I don't think. I mean maybe. Three years ago - definitely not. Now, maybe so. I'm kind of good at faking it.

Would you love hanging out with yourself or think you're an annoying piece of shit?
Nope. I'm pretty introverted. So, I know I wouldn't wanna hang out with myself (or anyone) much. I meet with friends once every couple of months, if that.

What would you talk about, what would you do?
God, I don't know. It's weird to think about though.

#21 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:47 AM

I think I would like a person like me once I've warmed up to them which takes a while. But I'd be overjoyed to connect to someone who likes the exact same things like me. Currently it's like I know people here who have some common interests but no one *really* close which I actually miss a lot. :( Wish I had a person I could talk to every day and not get bored.

I'd probably get annoyed at them like I get annoyed at myself often because I'm unable to do things I would want to do or feel different than I want to feel about something.

#22 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:53 AM

Yeah, I'm quite friendly and I usually hit it off with most people. I would like myself :lol2:

#23 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:18 AM

sure. i'd totally bang twin me even.

#24 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:35 AM

This post may or may not have a subliminal message.

I just wanted to say something that doesn't mean anything to some of you: I would hang out with most of you peeps. I already mentally banged some of you anyway.

haha yeah, I'm starting to notice that ^_^
and if there ever is a zombie outbreak I've totally got your six. already have my carbon steel machete ready, and learning to make wine/beer/mead/etc. for barter & enjoyment. :p

I show you my blade if you show me your machete. :blush:

sure. i'd totally bang twin me even.

Incestception.

#25 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

or who the hell thought about naming a colour "ochre" because every time I hear it an ogre figure appears in my mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users