Quantcast

Any fluent french speakers?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:46 AM

I need a bit of help, this is probably going to sound dumb, but a lot of art that belongs to me and my friends are being used without our permission but the people using it don't speak any english.

I need some help putting a message in french asking them to please remove the images. 

#2 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:07 AM

If no one speaks french here, google translate is getting pretty dang good. I just tested a couple sentences into spanish and it was on point. FOr example:

EDIT:

English: hello. I have noticed that much of the art you are using belongs to me and my friends, and is being used without my permission. If you could take that art down, I would be grateful.

French: Bonjour. Je l'ai remarqué qu'une grande partie de l'art que vous utilisez appartient à moi et mes amis, et est utilisé sans ma permission. Si vous pouviez prendre que l'art vers le bas, je vous serais reconnaissant.

Though, I may have written it subconsciously in a manner that would be easier to translate into Spanish... So, use at your discretion.

Edited by Kaddict, 18 November 2015 - 10:09 AM.

#3 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:13 AM

If no one speaks french here, google translate is getting pretty dang good. I just tested a couple sentences into spanish and it was on point. FOr example:

EDIT:

English: hello. I have noticed that much of the art you are using belongs to me and my friends, and is being used without my permission. If you could take that art down, I would be grateful.

French: Bonjour. Je l'ai remarqué qu'une grande partie de l'art que vous utilisez appartient à moi et mes amis, et est utilisé sans ma permission. Si vous pouviez prendre que l'art vers le bas, je vous serais reconnaissant.

Though, I may have written it subconsciously in a manner that would be easier to translate into Spanish... So, use at your discretion.

Thank you.

#4 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:36 AM

Thank you.

I'm French, but it's rusty. :p However the paragraph above is pretty darn good and makes complete sense, if that helps. 

#5 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

I don't speak French, but my grandma used to speak in French to me just to impress me, and there's a bunch of similar things to my language. That seems right to me.

#6 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:49 AM

I don't speak French, but my grandma used to speak in French to me just to impress me, and there's a bunch of similar things to my language. That seems right to me.

To me, Portuguese sounds like a drunk french man trying to speak Spanish, with or without rocks in his mouth. Ha. I am clearly biased though.

#7 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:52 AM

To me, Portuguese sounds like a drunk french man trying to speak Spanish, with or without rocks in his mouth. Ha. I am clearly biased though.

ew spanish

#8 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:05 AM

ew spanish

ew portugués, if you mix portuguese with spanish, you have portuñol (most brazilian tourist in argentina speaks portuñol)

Hola Amiguinho, como va? todo bem rsrsrsrsrs (ok, i cant speak portuguese)

#9 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:14 AM

ew portunhol.

I'm not a native speaker, but I speak a little bit of French, and the sentence above sounds understandable but the last sentence doesn't make any sense. I'd put it as:

Ça va? Je l'ai remarqué qu'une bonne partie de l'art que vous utilisez appartient à mes amis et moi, et est utilisé sans notre permission. Si vous pouviez arrêtez d'utiliser tout l'art, je serais reconnaissant.

Edited by Brunno, 18 November 2015 - 11:16 AM.

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

ew portugués, if you mix portuguese with spanish, you have portuñol (most brazilian tourist in argentina speaks portuñol)

Hola Amiguinho, como va? todo bem rsrsrsrsrs (ok, i cant speak portuguese)

Oh portuñol... usually when it's spoken by Brazilians, it's reeeally bad :p

Also, "rsrsrs" only old people use that lmao

#11 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

ew portunhol.

I'm not a native speaker, but I speak a little bit of French, and the sentence above sounds understandable but the last sentence doesn't make any sense. I'd put it as:

Ça va? Je l'ai remarqué qu'une bonne partie de l'art que vous utilisez appartient à mes amis et moi, et est utilisé sans notre permission. Si vous pouviez arrêtez d'utiliser tout l'art, je serais reconnaissant.

I don't think it's a good idea to start an email like this with' Ça va'. That's too personal/not formal and I don't think it's needed to ask people who steal your art if they're doing good haha :p But you're right about the last sentence, 'prendre l'art vers le bas' sounds weird to me too :p (but it's arrêter I think, not with a 'z')

(French is my second language)

#12 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

ew portunhol.

But then you're telling them to stop using art lol

Try:
Ça va? Je remarquai que beaucoup de l'art que vous utilisez appartient à moi et mes amis , et est utilisé sans notre autorisation . Si vous pouviez cesser d'utiliser tout de notre art , je serais reconnaissant. 

#13 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:25 PM

I think think it should go something like this:

Spoiler

#14 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:25 PM

Oh my. I didn't know you guys call it portunhol too ahahaha. I thought it was only used here! So cool :)

Also, "rsrsrs" only old people use that lmao

RSRSRSRSRSRSRS

#15 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:31 PM

Oh my. I didn't know you guys call it portunhol too ahahaha. I thought it was only used here! So cool :)

Better than "espanhês" lmao

#16 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:34 PM

Espanhês? HUEHUEHUHUE
Is that a real thing or you just invented it?

#17 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:36 PM

Espanhês? HUEHUEHUHUE
Is that a real thing or you just invented it?

Oh, God no, I just used a different order of the languages :p

I hope it's not real.

#18 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:45 PM

Oh, God no, I just used a different order of the languages :p
I hope it's not real.

I'm going to steal it and start using it whenever I have the chance lol. I'm going to make espanhês a word!!

#19 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:22 PM

I like how I made a full conversation about language.

I'm actually proud.

#20 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

Ignore my edition. I've an friend which speak French. If you still want help, I can ask him!

Edited by Nashime, 18 November 2015 - 09:07 PM.

#21 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:21 AM

Ignore my edition. I've an friend which speak French. If you still want help, I can ask him!

If you could ask him about the translation that was already posted I'd really really appreciate that :)

#22 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:35 AM

@rwmurrayVT Come help!!! :3

#23 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

If you could ask him about the translation that was already posted I'd really really appreciate that :)

Alright!! :D I'll ask him tomorrow, since today i didn't had class at my university.

#24 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

PM where they are doing it online and PM where you have the original pieces hosted. Or just whois the website and contact their webhost.

Vous utilisez œuvres d'art volées . Retirez-le de votre site web.

You are using stolen works of art. Remove them from your website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users