Quantcast

Another account compromising wave!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:42 PM

People on the PC have had their UCs converted.

http://www.neopets.com/~Tekra

A page with screen shots.

Loooks like that flash exploit hasn't been patched yet.

Stay safe guys.

#2 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for the warning. Good thing I've just been running abrosia for the past while :p

#3 AllTheWayToVictory

AllTheWayToVictory
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:24 PM

But is there anyone who knows what's happening? Is that really the flash exploit? I doubt if DTI is correct and that many people fall into the same trap.

#4 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:14 PM

But is there anyone who knows what's happening? Is that really the flash exploit? I doubt if DTI is correct and that many people fall into the same trap.

I haven't the slightest clue

#5 Reject

Reject
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:33 PM

I feel really sorry for the people that lost an unconverted pet. They're so hard to obtain. Hopefully TNT will return them to their original form.

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:39 PM

This is just sad, really. Don't they have anything better to do? I feel bad for their parents.

#7 Tanpopo

Tanpopo
  • 198 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:45 PM

Apparently it's someone on the other site (our "competitors")? I'm not really surprised if it's true, tbh.

(also if i was JS id be like FUCK THIS PETTY PIXEL BS SHUT IT ALL DOWN)

Edited by Tanpopo, 21 November 2015 - 11:52 PM.

#8 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

That's very sad :( Condolences for him, UC's pets are very very rare and someone just destroy others dreams...

#9 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:01 AM

Apparently it's someone on the other site (our "competitors")? I'm not really surprised if it's true, tbh.

(also if i was JS id be like FUCK THIS PETTY PIXEL BS SHUT IT ALL DOWN)

Yeah, I totally hear you and agree with this.

#10 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:18 AM

Bleh I try and return to Neopets and so much happens. Apparently someone on another site has been up for this drama. I'm not sure how he does it exactly but I think it's stopped for now and people are putting their UCs UFT again.

I wouldn't mind the slightest bit if Neopets went down for 30 mins each day to sort things out and provide maintenance works.

Would be even better if they could let us pay in NP to own more than 4 Neopets per account.

Actually maybe I'll stick with FR xD

#11 AllTheWayToVictory

AllTheWayToVictory
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:27 AM

Hey wait, so someone on the "other site" admitted they did this? Or is this just a guess?

#12 Tanpopo

Tanpopo
  • 198 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:19 AM

Hey wait, so someone on the "other site" admitted they did this? Or is this just a guess?

According to the one taking credit, the original fiasco wasn't him, but he had access to the account doing it so he decided to continue? idk its pretty hard to slop through that circlejerk

Edited by Tanpopo, 22 November 2015 - 01:21 AM.

#13 AllTheWayToVictory

AllTheWayToVictory
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:24 AM

I just went to there to watch as well. Looks like you're right, it was not him but people keep accusing someone on the site and the jerk just get access to some accounts to convert more as well. Well done. *slowly claps* Now can we please destroy that other site?

#14 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:47 AM

I got secondhand embarassment from reading through that other thread. So incredibly childish. 

#15 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 07:16 AM

I'm not saying that this was a good thing, because it wasn't. And I'm most definitely not on the side of the fuckers those that did this, because I can't be side by side with people that can't get laid, but, with all honesty, UC must disappear for good. It's more than time that TNT convert them once and for all and stop this shit.

#16 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:08 AM

The site is obviously on it's way out, whether or not people want to admit it. I haven't created a new account since last month when I got chain frozen (then they recently IP banned me way after the fact, wtf) but I'm starting to get the urge to make a new account under my proxy just to check out the drama.

I'm starting to side with the "convert-all-UCs club" because at this point they're becoming so rare and desired by people that it's starting to compromise the fun of the game. When people literally have to resort to scamming and hacking or exchanging exorbitant amounts of real money illegally as the only possible way to manage to get something, you know your game has a problem. As much as I love the UC look and wish all pets could have kept theirs, I agree that they need to be gone.

I hate to be such a downer but the end of the site is so clearly in view that it's kind of sad.

#17 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:44 AM

The site is obviously on it's way out, whether or not people want to admit it. I haven't created a new account since last month when I got chain frozen (then they recently IP banned me way after the fact, wtf) but I'm starting to get the urge to make a new account under my proxy just to check out the drama.

I'm starting to side with the "convert-all-UCs club" because at this point they're becoming so rare and desired by people that it's starting to compromise the fun of the game. When people literally have to resort to scamming and hacking or exchanging exorbitant amounts of real money illegally as the only possible way to manage to get something, you know your game has a problem. As much as I love the UC look and wish all pets could have kept theirs, I agree that they need to be gone.

I hate to be such a downer but the end of the site is so clearly in view that it's kind of sad.

I hate to be that guy, but I actually agree.

#18 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

Is it actually clraik bullshit? If I was TNT i'd be like "Okay, neopets is going down tomorrow, you fuckers, you 'win'! Now watch as you have nothing else to sell and pay your rent"

#19 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:02 AM

Is it actually clraik bullshit? If I was TNT i'd be like "Okay, neopets is going down tomorrow, you fuckers, you 'win'! Now watch as you have nothing else to sell and pay your rent"

The user Mophead posted a screenie from inside one of the accounts whose UC got converted and turned into a Blue Ogrin. 

#20 supernumerary

supernumerary
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:22 AM

So my question... Through all of this mess of UCs being converted and new UCs showing up on the PC, I'm surprised that people still think these pets are legit (and not bought or sold). Do people really care anymore?

#21 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:27 AM

The user Mophead posted a screenie from inside one of the accounts whose UC got converted and turned into a Blue Ogrin. 

Yeah. but I have been following the PC drama for so long, is Mophead a Clraik member?

#22 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:28 AM

So my question... Through all of this mess of UCs being converted and new UCs showing up on the PC, I'm surprised that people still think these pets are legit (and not bought or sold). Do people really care anymore?

There are some select people who would care, but the majority of the userbase now are cheaters in some way or another. So I doubt many people do.

I'm with @Eggie and @Aria and think UCs need to be gone. The toxicity surrounding their "value" is only a further detriment to the site.

#23 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

If people don't care if the pet is legit or not why so many UC pets have been taken down by TNT? People just report them out of jealously?

#24 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:54 AM

If people don't care if the pet is legit or not why so many UC pets have been taken down by TNT? People just report them out of jealously?

Possibly. Or they think they were bought or stolen so they report, even though they might be wrong. 

#25 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:23 PM

Don't convert my UCs. I need to get rid of them first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users