Altador Cup IS Coming Back!

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#26 ninjaweeb

ninjaweeb
  • 91 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

Excited for Codex to feel like home again :p I loved how we all came together last year. I'm getting the same vibe from DD!

#27 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:44 PM

Then there are those people who come here and make accounts then spam post to try and get access to the AC section so they can actually see the team we chose. I loved last years one. Tried three different accounts before they gave up.

Ah, of course! Oh man, that Lucy girl... That was my favorite part.
I really hope we get another Lucy this year so you can see how it is xD it's very stressful while it's happening, but after it's over you realize how much fun it is :p

#28 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:46 PM

Team Codex has such a dank history.

Love it.

#29 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:47 PM

I have zero interest in participating this year, mostly because I don't want to create any new accounts.

That being said I'm willing to take account donations for Team Codex and i'll fire up my score senders :p

#30 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:58 PM

I have zero interest in participating this year, mostly because I don't want to create any new accounts.

That being said I'm willing to take account donations for Team Codex and i'll fire up my score senders :p

I'd be happy to give you some of my shells. I have too many and it's a pain having to find working proxies for them each day. And some proxies don't even last the day so then I have to go find more of them.

I really wish we had Score Sender Remote Control. We have it for Abrosia, but I'd love to leave my computer on, go to class/work and be able to check the SSer while I'm there. 

#31 Tanpopo

Tanpopo
  • 198 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:04 PM

Aw man, I'll be doing an internship this year when this is happening. That makes me sad, it's one of the few times I come out of lurking and actually play neopets :C

rip my super suspicious 3 year codex team trophy streak

#32 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

I'd be happy to give you some of my shells. I have too many and it's a pain having to find working proxies for them each day. And some proxies don't even last the day so then I have to go find more of them.

I really wish we had Score Sender Remote Control. We have it for Abrosia, but I'd love to leave my computer on, go to class/work and be able to check the SSer while I'm there. 

I bought a VPN for torrenting so I'm ready to go for the AC :p So I'll gladly take any extras you dont have time to deal with :p

#33 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:12 PM

I bought a VPN for torrenting

That's just sad. Sorry you have to go an extra mile :(

#34 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:14 PM

That's just sad. Sorry you have to go an extra mile :(

I got an angry email from my ISP soooo I really don't want to get in trouble further. I'm not bothered by it, and I share it with friends so at least we're getting our monies worth :p

#35 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

I got an angry email from my ISP soooo I really don't want to get in trouble further. I'm not bothered by it, and I share it with friends so at least we're getting our monies worth :p

I'm really glad that doesn't happen here because I'd probably freak out and never do it again ever

#36 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:20 PM

I'm really glad that doesn't happen here because I'd probably freak out and never do it again ever

The sad thing was, that it was just a warning, but I didn't read the whole letter so I freaked out and DELETED EVERYTHING I had downloaded, I had a movie folder with over 100 movies in it... SMH it was just a general letter they send out and I wasn't actually in trouble, but me being me, I overachieved on not wanting to go to jail lololol.

#37 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:25 PM

The sad thing was, that it was just a warning, but I didn't read the whole letter so I freaked out and DELETED EVERYTHING I had downloaded, I had a movie folder with over 100 movies in it... SMH it was just a general letter they send out and I wasn't actually in trouble, but me being me, I overachieved on not wanting to go to jail lololol.

:lol2: I'm sure I would delete everything I had as well hahaha

#38 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:15 PM

I think I used TeamViewer and the mobile app to do that a couple years back for the AC and Scorsending. I just left my PC on at home, set up TeamViewer whilst I was setting the SS'er up initially, then when I got to work, I used the app on my phone to check up on the progress. Maybe something to look into ;)

#39 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:18 PM

I got one from my ISP for downloading a movie, saying if I do it again I could have to pay a 25k fine or some shit. Apparently Disney is tracking things a LOT. The worst part is... I've typically DL'd things I currently own. I'm too lazy to put my copy on my laptop because that involves using my superdrive OR trying to convert a VHS I own into a format I can put on my phone/ipad/computer... lmfao I think not.

It freaked me out though so I haven't downloaded anything in months.

Apparently people are hiding USB's with files all over the world now to share with people since it's offline it doesn't actually violate any laws? I don't actually know but I'll do anything to not be arrested or pay money I don't have.

#40 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:47 PM

i'm excited! looking forward to what team we'll be choosing this year. :heart: faerieland por favor.

i was quite confident that altador cup won't be back this year because it's such a HUGE undertaking and i didn't believe that the present neopets staff can handle it. i'm pleasantly suprised tho. based on the NT answer, i'm crossing my fingers that they will introduce new games or revamp the whole thing to throw all of us in a loop. i don't think there's anything team codex can't handle. :) bring it on!

#41 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:21 AM

The drama is the best. Pretty much everyone talks shit about us and we just laugh at them, because while they waste their time on those awfully boring games, we turn the SS on and go do something better. Like laugh at them :p

Oh my, yes. I'd forgotten how drama-filled the neoboards get during AC, now that's going to be beautiful :'D

#42 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:51 PM

Who's gonna be the dumbass to leak our team this time? :rolleyes:

#43 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:00 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, if you plan on doing AC this year, I suggest making your new accounts ASAP (like today) to start aging them....I have a feeling one of the new rules may be something with account age.

#44 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:32 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, if you plan on doing AC this year, I suggest making your new accounts ASAP (like today) to start aging them....I have a feeling one of the new rules may be something with account age.

That's actually a really good idea... I'll add that to OP later.

#45 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:56 AM

Should probably add make 10-20 more accounts than you actually plan to make, always good to plan ahead.

#46 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:22 AM

Good thing all my shells are already aged. Just got to check that I can actually get into them..should be able to though.

#47 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:16 AM

An age restriction to the account is much more plausible than adding pop ups with captchas IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME like some people have been suggesting on the neoboards. And, sadly we have to admit, that will put us a step behind if they continue to ice accounts this year like they did last year.

#48 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:16 AM

Should probably add make 10-20 more accounts than you actually plan to make, always good to plan ahead.

*reflects on how many neopets accounts I planned to make*

*immediately makes 10-20 accounts*

#49 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:43 AM

An age restriction to the account is much more plausible than adding pop ups with captchas IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME like some people have been suggesting on the neoboards. And, sadly we have to admit, that will put us a step behind if they continue to ice accounts this year like they did last year.

Can't we get through captchas already? So all that would do would be piss off legit players. As for icing, none of my accounts were iced, so I got lucky. Proxies lots of proxies and always have more accounts. If it is going to be account age as a rule, everyone who is willing should make extra shells if they don't already have a ton. I've got about 18-19 shells that work right now, I have about 20 but I can't get into some for birthdays and passwords not being accepted, so I'm good there. I can't deal with over 20, and I can barely deal with 20, which is why I'm willing to give others some of my shells for the AC so I don't have to deal with them.

#50 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

Can't we get through captchas already? So all that would do would be piss off legit players.

We've got past every type of captcha they've tried so far but I don't think they'll do anything like that anyway, mainly because it would require an update to their game system and I suspect they'd be reluctant to do that. Wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for us if they did though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users