• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#101 ortin

ortin
  • it's christmas everyday

• 6,081 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

And oil is quite a bit up from it's very low price earlier in the year! Wow commodities are fun :D

#102 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4,826 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

Did I say anywhere that they shouldn't? 

No. Neither did @Mishelle.

I even agreed with you, they have the right to vote, end of. I'm just saying we need to let people acknowledge that the opinions of the baby boomer's are shitty, when you factor in that they will be dead in 15-30 years and won't need to deal with the fall out from this type of decision. Acknowledging it and commiserating about it isn't being negative.

It's a moot point.

#103 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 3,995 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

It's a moot point.

Maybe to you. But people are allowed to be angry about it. Telling people not to talk 'negatively' about it is not conducive to anything, and is just offensive to all the people who are going to experience the negative ramifications of this decision.

#104 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2,244 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:14 PM

Idk if I'm missing some kind of contrarian goggles or something, but I still have yet to see how someone could make the mental leap of me saying that I don't take the opinions of baby boomers as seriously as opinions of people from my generation into me saying they shouldn't be allowed to vote at all.

#105 Romy

Romy

• 4,826 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

Maybe to you. But people are allowed to be angry about it. Telling people not to talk 'negatively' about it is not conducive to anything, and is just offensive to all the people who are going to experience the negative ramifications of this decision.

Not telling you to not be negative, be as angry as you want.

I'm saying that it's irrelevant and out of your control both before and after the vote was cast.

#106 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 3,995 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:25 PM

Not telling you to not be negative, be as angry as you want.

I'm saying that it's irrelevant and out of your control both before and after the vote was cast.

That's so weird, I vaguely remember a post where you tell someone not to be negative in this thread for calling out baby boomers...

#107 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6,850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:27 PM

Idk if I'm missing some kind of contrarian goggles or something, but I still have yet to see how someone could make the mental leap of me saying that I don't take the opinions of baby boomers as seriously as opinions of people from my generation into me saying they shouldn't be allowed to vote at all.

I'm confused too. Apparently saying a certain age group of people are unable to vote thinking about the future legacy; the social and economical burden they are leaving for their children, grandchildren and beyond; the international connections that may be lost, put on hold, or heavily redesign, it equals to say they shouldn't be able to vote at all? I guess we both missed that very specific synonyms class, maybe because that day we were somewhere being overly dramatic about our own feelings on some issue that affects our lives. We should know better by now.

#108 Romy

Romy

• 4,826 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:44 PM

That's so weird, I vaguely remember a post where you tell someone not to be negative in this thread for calling out baby boomers...

Woops.

#109 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2,244 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:55 PM

giphy.gif

So anyway guys about that brexit. Now the news is reporting that ISIS is planning Europe attacks because of all the chaos coming from this referendum.

#110 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

Because ISIS weren't planning Europe attacks to begin with of course.

#111 ortin

ortin
  • it's christmas everyday

• 6,081 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:11 PM

So anyway guys about that brexit. Now the news is reporting that ISIS is planning Europe attacks because of all the chaos coming from this referendum.

I'm curious, how reliable are ISIS claims? Somewhere in the back of my head says that ISIS is unusually and unfortunately reliable, though I cannot remember where I read that. 

#112 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2,244 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

I'm curious, how reliable are ISIS claims? Somewhere in the back of my head says that ISIS is unusually and unfortunately reliable, though I cannot remember where I read that. 

I haven't ready any official stats but they don't seem to be that reliable, they'll use any kind of turmoil to fear monger. But then again you never know.

#113 diebuster

diebuster
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

As somebody born and raised in a Confucian society, it has been rather unsettling to see comments on the big social media platforms berating and wishing the death of their own grandparents. What a culture shock. Either way, congratulations to the brits who voted to leave. For everyone's sake, please don't fuck this up.

#114 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2,088 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:06 AM

^thank you :D nice to see someone saying something not to horrible towards leavers like me

*was going to post something but feel I am going to get into an arguement and dont want that so shall just flit off this thread and move onto something else"

#115 yeahneocodex

yeahneocodex
  • 98 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:46 AM

Well, I live far away (Yay, South America) from the UK, but from all my geography classes, I've always learned economic unions are stronger when countries are together, so I'm still trying to understand why people voted to leave. Really, I would love a bit of info from people who voted ~

#116 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9,186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:16 AM

Well, I live far away (Yay, South America) from the UK, but from all my geography classes, I've always learned economic unions are stronger when countries are together, so I'm still trying to understand why people voted to leave. Really, I would love a bit of info from people who voted ~

I'm curious if people have reasons beyond immigration and whatnot.

#117 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2,147 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:20 AM

South Americans unite! I honestly haven't been following Brexit, but the Government here mentioned that we'll probably be losing some funding they'd received from the EU through the UK.

#118 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:24 AM

Where I live there have been protests, people all uniting in the town centre and telling anyone who doesn't look British to "go home".

Ugh.

This referendum has empowered the bigots into believing that they are right. Scary times.

#119 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 663 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:18 AM

Is trump gonna build his wall for Britain now too? That's going a bit far over the line when you start holding protests telling others to go home...Plenty of nationalities that consider it home, maybe the bigots need to go.

#120 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:23 AM

Is trump gonna build his wall for Britain now too? That's going a bit far over the line when you start holding protests telling others to go home...Plenty of nationalities that consider it home, maybe the bigots need to go.

I've always thought of Newcastle as a diverse city. We've always had the reputation as a friendly city too so I'm super annoyed at this! The bigots will feel justified now though, believing that the majority of out voters believe the same as them even though not all out voters are racist  :(

#121 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25,516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:31 AM

Is trump gonna build his wall for Britain now too?

The Romans beat him to that one.

Where I live there have been protests, people all uniting in the town centre and telling anyone who doesn't look British to "go home".

Ugh.

This referendum has empowered the bigots into believing that they are right. Scary times.

jr1KnGa.jpg

Hardly a Nuremberg Rally. :p Looks like maybe a couple of dozen idiots and they probably came up from Sunderland on the Metro. :rolleyes:

#122 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:38 AM

I'm curious if people have reasons beyond immigration and whatnot.

Only reason I have seen besides immigration is the NHS promise...that apparently all savings would be ploughed back into the NHS. which was taken back the day after the vote...honestly, people are rather naive if they actually believed it would happen anyway with the Tories determined to dismantle it...

#123 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:46 AM

The Romans beat him to that one.

jr1KnGa.jpg

Hardly a Nuremberg Rally. :p Looks like maybe a couple of dozen idiots and they probably came up from Sunderland on the Metro. :rolleyes:

Well to be fair they haven't got many brain cells between them, it'll take them a while to organise anything bigger  :lol2:

#124 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6,506 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:22 PM

http://www.theguardi...yn-who-has-gone

When I first looked yesterday, it was one sacking and one resignation. Hours later, BAM it's 11. 

#125 complexion155

complexion155
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:01 PM

Going to be interesting what the aftermath of all this is.

One by one they all seem to be moving out which means when the next election completely new leadership.... Brexit... Trump.... hm interesting year coming ahead

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: totm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users