• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#176 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

From this weeks editorial:

1. Charity Corner. So there's a little confusion going around and while things will become more clear soon I will give you a little heads up as to whats coming! One, there is not fixed points for every item. Items are divided up by rarity. Yes, there aren't prizes and I know this is very different but there will be more of a Perks Shop at the end of this event. You will be able to redeem your points to get certain perks, TNT & Granny Hopbobbin are in agreement this was a needed change! I know its very different, but I do think if you wonderful Neopians can keep an open mind then you will enjoy these perks!! We have a wide array of choices and you will get to choose which ones you get to redeem and if you still have extra, you might even get the chance to win some free NC.

Interesting...I want a permanent bank bribery perk

Edited by CaptainDantes, 16 March 2018 - 06:01 PM.

#177 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:25 PM

I wonder if they mean "perks" or "items". Are items perks? Bitch pls I just want a stamp

and an avatar

and a trophy

#178 BirdistheWord

BirdistheWord
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:31 PM

I know its very different, but I do think if you wonderful Neopians can keep an open mind then you will enjoy these perks!!

I'm terrified..I have zero open mind and no desire to change that about myself.  The boon idea itself is not a bad one, and honestly brings back the spirit of why we actually have CC (to get rid of a bunch of useless crap), but I feel they will sour everything per the usual them.

#179 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:52 PM

I've sold over 200k in snowballs which means some idiots are dumb enough to pay for snowballs.  I don't think boons are what they are hoping to win.

#180 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:16 PM

I've sold over 200k in snowballs which means some idiots are dumb enough to pay for snowballs.  I don't think boons are what they are hoping to win.

Could be worth it for a permanent increase to bank interest

#181 vintagesoul

vintagesoul
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

I Think a lot of people are spending np hoping to get a shiny trophy. I've been buying the 6 point items like dark nova. You can get at least two for the price of one 8 point 

#182 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

NEW FAQ... they fuvkn ruined it

Does the rarity of the items I donate affect the points I earn? 
Yes, the higher the rarity of an item you donate, the higher the points you earn for it.

For how long will the Make a Difference drive be available?
The Make a Difference Drive will start on the 12th of March at 10:00:00 NST and will go on for 11 days, ending on the 23rd of March at 10:00:00 NST.

How do I donate items to the Make a Difference Drive? 
Head over to the Charity Corner hub page. For NP items, click Donate NP Items and pick items you want to donate from your inventory. These items will show up when you click on the drop down menus. Once you have selected all the items you want to donate, click Donate and contribute to the drive. Every item donated will earn you points that you can redeem at the prize shop after the event ends. For NC items, complete Step 1 by buying a pack of your choice and proceed to Step 2 to donate from your inventory. Items donated here will earn you a receipt that you can redeem at the Gift Shop immediately.

I have donated but haven’t got any prizes in return. When can I expect them?
Every donation will earn you points. Since Granny believes that charity should be for the sake of helping those in need and not a means to earn prizes, you can redeem the points you earn for something else instead. Something special that she has arranged for you by pulling some strings and getting in touch with some very influential people. At the end of the event, go over to the prize shop to redeem your points for these boons. Psst, don’t go telling you heard it from us!

Is there a specific kind of item you are looking for?
No. Anything you donate can and will make life a little better for those Neopians who have lost their homes and hearths to the destructions. From food to books to toys to everything else in between, every donation you make will earn you points that you can later redeem.

What can I donate to the Make a Difference Drive?
Absolutely anything! Granny is looking to rehabilitate all Neopians affected by the Wraiths and anything you can come forward with will go a long way in making that a success. Rest assured; your generosity won’t go unnoticed. Though Granny insists charity is only for the sake of charity this year, a little birdie told me she has something grand planned out! Granny will reward you with points for every item you donate to the drive and you can redeem your points at the prize shop for something extra special. Extra special what, you ask? You will have to find out, won’t you? At the end of the event, you will also receive a trophy and bonus prizes!

What is the Make a Difference Drive?
Charity Corner is an annual charitable event run by Granny Hopbobbin. The Year 20 version of the event is called the Make A Difference Drive as this year, the kindly Granny has decided to lend a hand and make a difference to the lives of all those who have been affected by the war against the Wraiths. You can join in and help make her event a roaring success by donating as many items as you possibly can. There are no limits to what or how much you can donate so be extra generous. Now, don’t go ask Granny what you are getting in return for your generosity. She will probably tell you off but we have it on good authority that something special is coming your way. Make sure to visit the prize shop at the end of the event.

and maybe, idk if its worth it tho :/

"Is there a specific kind of item you are looking for?

No. Anything you donate can and will make life a little better for those Neopians who have lost their homes and hearths to the destructions. From food to books to toys to everything else in between, every donation you make will earn you points that you can later redeem."

Nice one - looks like this will finally be an attempt of clearing up all of the very low value items that just sit around; I just donated 4x shiny obsidians and a sandy body wash that I have loads of, and just got 5 points. so I might finally be able to sell on the really low value items for a bit of an inflated price. Or maybe the dubloons might recover again, like I said a few years ago on another thread. Excellent!

#183 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:45 AM

They need to be violated with used popsicles from a dubious source.  Sideways.  In the butt.

Edited by CrazyDaughter, 17 March 2018 - 07:02 PM.

#184 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

how many points do you get for donating "popsicles"

Edited by jaredyne, 17 March 2018 - 08:15 PM.

#185 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:03 PM

how many points do you get for donating dildos

You'd have to ask my mother.

#186 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:19 PM

eLrk5bM.png

plOBiEJ.png

#187 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:10 PM

I'm starting to think that everyone on neopets is emotionally damaged.  Funny thing is,  I got the Avatar on an account where I hadn't contributed everyday, but not on two where I had.

#188 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:29 AM

All these people making a giant ordeal out of the avatar fiasco probably fit the typical '45 year old cat lady' stereotype perfectly.

#189 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

All these people making a giant ordeal out of the avatar fiasco probably fit the typical '45 year old cat lady' stereotype perfectly.

They just can’t stand the idea that people who weren’t there for an event when they were get that avatar. They’re freaking it that it’s “retired” but it’s a winter charity corner avatar so it’s still relevant. If they wanted to award that avatar for people who donated for 4 days, that’s their choice. Why does it HAVE to be a glitch? I’ve said this several times but I truly hope it isn’t a glitch lol.

#190 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

They just can’t stand the idea that people who weren’t there for an event when they were get that avatar. They’re freaking it that it’s “retired” but it’s a winter charity corner avatar so it’s still relevant. If they wanted to award that avatar for people who donated for 4 days, that’s their choice. Why does it HAVE to be a glitch? I’ve said this several times but I truly hope it isn’t a glitch lol.

But the silly thing is we *are* here for an event. It's still charity corner. It's the same event. It's not as though the avatar explicitly says 2017 on it, or whenever it came out. It's so silly that they are so entitled to think that avatars can't be given out yearly. I mean, there are literally dozens of other yearly avatars, and I don't see these turds whining about those being "retired" and how we didn't "earn" them. If we donated, we earned it, imo.

#191 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

I'm confused,  I thought they were getting a new mis-named avatar not the retired one.   I don't understand avatars, I don't understand the butthurt feeling for an avatar that no one might ever see on neochat because there are only so many avatars you can have.  :headshake:

Edited by CrazyDaughter, 18 March 2018 - 12:13 PM.

#192 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:28 PM

I'm confused,  I thought they were getting a new mis-named avatar not the retired one.   I don't understand avatars, I don't understand the butthurt feeling for an avatar that no one might ever see on neochat because there are only so many avatars you can have.  :headshake:

It's precisely because there are only so many you can have. People get really entitled about the retired ones being re-released because it gives newer players a chance to catch up with their avatar count and they feel that's "unfair". Personally, I find it ridiculous.

#193 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

Remember when the Coincidence daily was released, and it had a super small chance of giving you any avatar, released or retired or even unreleased?

Oh man those were some primo neoboard tears

#194 GustavoH

GustavoH
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:15 PM

Sorry, I'm a little late... Are there any script to facilitate the donations?

Thank you in advanced! :)

#195 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:25 PM

Sorry, I'm a little late... Are there any script to facilitate the donations?

Thank you in advanced! :)

I posted one, check back a few pages. :)

#196 GustavoH

GustavoH
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:08 PM

I posted one, check back a few pages. :)

Thanks! You saved my cc!! I've more than 10K to donate! lol

#197 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

Thanks! You saved my cc!! I've more than 10K to donate! lol

Yeah that'd be hell on the fingers to donate manually. Now if only the reward is worth it...

Edited by jaredyne, 18 March 2018 - 03:31 PM.

#198 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

One of the stupidest things, in my opinion, about this whole avvie collection is the fact that there are way too many avatars that are retired and at the same time people can restart their avatar count and occupy the top of the table. How on earth are new players supposed to have a chance? How are older players better just because they were born earlier or heard about the site earlier? So newer players are by default "unworthy" to get on top of the hi-score table?

The brief moment the Coincidence daily was giving retired avvies was one of the smartest thing TNT could have done about it but no, some people were just too angry. I don't get it, you got your avvies, your trophies, your top position and it's not enough? You can't even wait a bloody day or two to reset your avvie count just to let other people the chance to get a trophy? Gosh, it really pisses me off.

#199 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:32 PM

I agree, re-release some retired avatars or don't count retired avatars in the collector high scores

Ooh... could you imagine the salt....

#200 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:35 PM

I agree, re-release some retired avatars or don't count retired avatars in the collector high scores

Ooh... could you imagine the salt....

Ahaha, I tried to imagine it for a brief second. It would be hilarious :) :) I'd love to read the boards should this was to happen :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users