Charity Corner 2018

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#1 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:15 PM

It hasn't started yet, but hrmmm looks like it'll be pretty soon, banner was just released

charitycorner_2018.png

What do you think that means for items, rewards, etc?

#2 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:18 PM

Gardening/furniture seems like. And all of neopets thinks so too judging by how they've been bought out of user shops...or one person with a bot thinks so

Hoping they still do food and books. I'd be happy with battledome stuff too

Edited by CaptainDantes, 11 March 2018 - 04:19 PM.

#3 Branlaur

Branlaur
  • 907 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:08 PM

I've been hoarding BD, garden, furtniture, and petpets. From the thumbnail furniture, garden, and food seems likely, but BD seems to make the most logical sense if the thumbnail didn't exist. Or maybe everything is ravaged because of the war, and she wants us to donate BD items to try to prevent wars in the future due to everyone donating weapons away

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:35 PM

I'll just donate a few things for the trophy/avatar/ect, and I'll be done.

#5 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:37 PM

I'll just donate a few things for the trophy/avatar/ect, and I'll be done.

Party pooper :p I'm hoarding to maybe get an avatar and sell the rest

#6 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

Notice the banner talks about "A new way to rewarding".   The old way was giving us rare R99 books,  I don't think the new way will do the same.

#7 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:50 PM

I do wonder what the "new way to rewarding will be". I mean, if they mess it up bad enough the salt on the neoboards will be amazinggggg

#8 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:01 PM

Unique island merchandise will be our only reward.

#9 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

Oh my god, I might actually be on time for this shit for once. I'm always late to this crap and miss out on all the fun and exploits.

#10 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:37 AM

Let's hope there is a continuance of the old exploit or something similar to it again this year xD Have made a killing the last couple of CC's.

#11 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:07 AM

haha yeah that was a good CC we can but hope

#12 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:57 AM

Considering the exploits been available in TWR, I suspect CC will be amazing

#13 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:12 AM

I have missed some exploits ahh darn it hope they where fun

#14 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:33 AM

Let's hope there is a continuance of the old exploit or something similar to it again this year xD Have made a killing the last couple of CC's.

They fixed the exploits last year no? 

#15 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:01 AM

what even were the exploits last year? XD

#16 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:35 AM

Apply for purpleness and you will see ;)

#17 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:55 AM

NEW FAQ... they fuvkn ruined it

Does the rarity of the items I donate affect the points I earn? 
Yes, the higher the rarity of an item you donate, the higher the points you earn for it.

For how long will the Make a Difference drive be available?
The Make a Difference Drive will start on the 12th of March at 10:00:00 NST and will go on for 11 days, ending on the 23rd of March at 10:00:00 NST.

How do I donate items to the Make a Difference Drive? 
Head over to the Charity Corner hub page. For NP items, click Donate NP Items and pick items you want to donate from your inventory. These items will show up when you click on the drop down menus. Once you have selected all the items you want to donate, click Donate and contribute to the drive. Every item donated will earn you points that you can redeem at the prize shop after the event ends. For NC items, complete Step 1 by buying a pack of your choice and proceed to Step 2 to donate from your inventory. Items donated here will earn you a receipt that you can redeem at the Gift Shop immediately.

I have donated but haven’t got any prizes in return. When can I expect them?
Every donation will earn you points. Since Granny believes that charity should be for the sake of helping those in need and not a means to earn prizes, you can redeem the points you earn for something else instead. Something special that she has arranged for you by pulling some strings and getting in touch with some very influential people. At the end of the event, go over to the prize shop to redeem your points for these boons. Psst, don’t go telling you heard it from us!

Is there a specific kind of item you are looking for?
No. Anything you donate can and will make life a little better for those Neopians who have lost their homes and hearths to the destructions. From food to books to toys to everything else in between, every donation you make will earn you points that you can later redeem.

What can I donate to the Make a Difference Drive?
Absolutely anything! Granny is looking to rehabilitate all Neopians affected by the Wraiths and anything you can come forward with will go a long way in making that a success. Rest assured; your generosity won’t go unnoticed. Though Granny insists charity is only for the sake of charity this year, a little birdie told me she has something grand planned out! Granny will reward you with points for every item you donate to the drive and you can redeem your points at the prize shop for something extra special. Extra special what, you ask? You will have to find out, won’t you? At the end of the event, you will also receive a trophy and bonus prizes!

What is the Make a Difference Drive?
Charity Corner is an annual charitable event run by Granny Hopbobbin. The Year 20 version of the event is called the Make A Difference Drive as this year, the kindly Granny has decided to lend a hand and make a difference to the lives of all those who have been affected by the war against the Wraiths. You can join in and help make her event a roaring success by donating as many items as you possibly can. There are no limits to what or how much you can donate so be extra generous. Now, don’t go ask Granny what you are getting in return for your generosity. She will probably tell you off but we have it on good authority that something special is coming your way. Make sure to visit the prize shop at the end of the event.

Apply for purpleness and you will see ;)

and maybe, idk if its worth it tho :/

#18 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:06 AM

Wow. Knowing TNT the prizes are going to be...underwhelming

It also looks as if they are going to value r99s the same as r70s. That's unfortunate

Edited by CaptainDantes, 12 March 2018 - 08:10 AM.

#19 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:16 AM

Wow. Knowing TNT the prizes are going to be...underwhelming

It also looks as if they are going to value r99s the same as r70s. That's unfortunate

where do you see that at?

#20 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:26 AM

where do you see that at?

Just doesn't say anything about rarer items being worth more points

#21 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:31 AM

wow some major changes thanks for the information.

On the plus side this might help r99 collectors keep some of their value to the 99s they collect but on the flip side to that it is going to make questing more hard does this mean the prices of the wands go up?  hmm big changes

Edited by Bones, 12 March 2018 - 08:31 AM.

#22 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:38 AM

Just doesn't say anything about rarer items being worth more points

Yes, the higher the rarity of an item you donate, the higher the points you earn for it.

maybe you missed that, or i'm missin something? haha

#23 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:58 AM

Ugh yeah they ruined it :S I was thinking it would be a priceshop kinda deal.

#24 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

maybe you missed that, or i'm missin something? haha

Oops. I is a gud reeder

Also, the CC image is showing up on the Neopets homepage, but doesn't take you anywhere when you click it

Edited by CaptainDantes, 12 March 2018 - 09:05 AM.

#25 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

Oops. I is a gud reeder

Also, the CC image is showing up on the Neopets homepage, but doesn't take you anywhere when you click it

yeah, its funny the NC donation link works, http://www.neopets.c...018/index.phtml , but the np donation doesnt. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users