Pet Peeves

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:34 PM

Alright so today I was driving down to the store to get some groceries. I was driving at the speed limit when someone came up behind me and started tailgating me. This has happened numerous times before, but today I just became very annoyed by it. I increased my speed a little bit, but he just continued to tailgate me and piss me off. I eventually pulled into the store parking lot and he went speeding off, but it was just incredibly annoying. So I've now realized this a new pet peeve of mine: someone tailgating me when I'm going the speed limit. Because of this discovery, I thought I'd make a topic about pet peeves you all have. tongue.gif

What are some things or people that just annoy you and/or piss you off?

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:36 PM

I could care less what your pet peeves are.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

#3 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:42 PM

Well Alex, you should have just slowed down, the guy deserved it tongue.gif

One of my pet peeves is school xD

#4 Lawivido

Lawivido
  • iOS Hacker

• 2018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:44 PM

People that ask too many questions. :x.

#5 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(Brandon @ Nov 25 2007, 05:42 PM) View Post
Well Alex, you should have just slowed down, the guy deserved it tongue.gif

One of my pet peeves is school xD

Aye, true. I'm more of a non confrontational person though so I felt the need to speed up and peacefully stop him from tailgating me hoping he would not speed up as well...but he did. tongue.gif Plus if I slowed down and he was a horrendous driver, my beautiful car might have been injured in the process! ohmy.gif

#6 philywilly

philywilly
  • 1656 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:58 PM

My biggest pet peeve would probably have to be fat chicks who dress like they think they're hot. There's nothing worst then seeing that fat cleavage just slipping out... ugghh... it gets me sooo pissed!

#7 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:58 PM

I work in a gym and I hate it when meat heads grunt and they bang the weights around by either dropping the weight on resistance machines or dropping free weights on the floor. They think it's cool...but they are nubs dry.gif

#8 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(Oaken @ Nov 25 2007, 07:58 PM) View Post
I work in a gym and I hate it when meat heads grunt and they bang the weights around by either dropping the weight on resistance machines or dropping free weights on the floor. They think it's cool...but they are nubs dry.gif

If they're maxing out, they could be genuinely dropping weights xD

#9 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(Brandon @ Nov 25 2007, 11:07 PM) View Post
If they're maxing out, they could be genuinely dropping weights xD

They should always be in control of the weights they are lifting...if they have to drop it then that shows a lack of control tongue.gif

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:07 PM

Stupid people.

#11 tastyphoxette

tastyphoxette
  • Tasty Cakes!

• 2648 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(Oaken @ Nov 25 2007, 06:08 PM) View Post
They should always be in control of the weights they are lifting...if they have to drop it then that shows a lack of control tongue.gif

True, and you also shouldn't be lifting something you can't control. It can hurt you. ; ;

My biggest Pet Peeves:
*Eating with your Mouth Open
*People answering or looking at their bright as hell cellphones in a movie. I could set those bitches on fire sometimes I get so angry. ; ;

SPEAKING OF FIRE!
I was in a movie and a bunch of like 14 year olds sat next to me, and only one was a guy. The guy's move to look IMPRESSIVE was to keep flipping open and lighting his lighter beside me.
RIGHT BESIDE ME.
One: That breaks fire code and is a hazard.
Two: It's Bright.
Three: He almost burned me twice.

So I told him off quietly. :\ Then all the fourteen year olds were like "GAWD what is her DEAL!? It wasn't like he was Doing anything WRONG?~!"
Bah
I was so angry. ; ;

#12 foogie

foogie
  • 5818 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:53 PM

lol. I hate it when people pour milk, and don't wipe the rim, and then there are milk crustines all over when I try to pour myself a glass. D:<

also, when people og to butter toast, and they leave little toast crumbs in the butter.....

or if there's hair left in the sink....

well, I generally hate anything that deviates from the general way I leave it.... D:

I'm very high maintainence. sad.gif

#13 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(Oaken @ Nov 25 2007, 05:58 PM) View Post

LOL i see those guys all the time, most that i see are guidos with bandanas & tanktops. after every lift they bang the weights and then look around to see if anyone else was actually paying attention to them

#14 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

aoh2, et al.

#15 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

I usually go slower if people are tail gating me, or i'll give them a break check. Hell, why not let them pay for me a new car?

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Nov 25 2007, 07:07 PM) View Post
Stupid people.

It's not so much stupid people that irritate me. It's more along the lines of stupid people who think they know everything.

#16 Teddy

Teddy
  • 629 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Nov 25 2007, 08:41 PM) View Post
aoh2, et al.

<3 Same xD

#17 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(Marine @ Nov 26 2007, 12:48 AM) View Post
It's not so much stupid people that irritate me. It's more along the lines of stupid people who think they know everything.

QUOTE(Cataliste @ Nov 26 2007, 12:41 AM) View Post
aoh2, et al.

#18 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:22 AM

What's aoh2? 1we8.gif

I hate when people GO the speed limit dry.gif 100 km/h in a 100 km/h zone is unnacceptable dry.gif I'm sorry, but 110 is still kind of slow, if there's no cops around... 120 km/h is my family's usual speed... and most of my friends family's 1we8.gif

#19 tastyphoxette

tastyphoxette
  • Tasty Cakes!

• 2648 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(Pomroy @ Nov 26 2007, 01:22 PM) View Post
Who's aoh2? 1we8.gif

I hate when people GO the speed limit dry.gif 100 km/h in a 100 km/h zone is unnacceptable dry.gif I'm sorry, but 110 is still kind of slow, if there's no cops around... 120 km/h is my family's usual speed... and most of my friends family's 1we8.gif

*fix'd*
It's a person on NC.

I tend to go the speed limit now, right on the button. My car's new and I'm not used to all of the changes yet. :\
Can't you just move over into the fast lane? To let the slowbies get their slow on?

#20 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE(Pomroy @ Nov 26 2007, 10:22 AM) View Post
What's aoh2? 1we8.gif

This is my pet peeve.

#21 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Nov 25 2007, 06:07 PM) View Post
Stupid people.

How did I know you were going to say that?

Anyways a pet peeve of mine is when people debate in one of my classes against me even when it's a point that you can barely argue with. In one of my psych classes I said that while this is not true for everyone generally it is better to have two parents instead of one. I had a bunch of feminists and single mothers down my throat even though my basis was that not having a releaser parent for when one is overstressed or needs a break is damaging to the "main" parent. Then specifically one went as far as to use her own personal example and say "Well so are you saying that a girl should marry the guy that she got pregnant from after two months??" to which I countered "when did I ever say that?" She promptly shut up.

I just absolutely can't stand it when people try to make things personal especially when I said nothing of the sort that they're trying to say I did. It happens a lot I find especially with subjects involving children and defensive parents.

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(Tetiel @ Nov 26 2007, 06:31 PM) View Post
How did I know you were going to say that?

Anyways a pet peeve of mine is when people debate in one of my classes against me even when it's a point that you can barely argue with. In one of my psych classes I said that while this is not true for everyone generally it is better to have two parents instead of one. I had a bunch of feminists and single mothers down my throat even though my basis was that not having a releaser parent for when one is overstressed or needs a break is damaging to the "main" parent. Then specifically one went as far as to use her own personal example and say "Well so are you saying that a girl should marry the guy that she got pregnant from after two months??" to which I countered "when did I ever say that?" She promptly shut up.

I just absolutely can't stand it when people try to make things personal especially when I said nothing of the sort that they're trying to say I did. It happens a lot I find especially with subjects involving children and defensive parents.

*argues with your pet peeve*

What? I couldn't be bothered to actually come up with something funny. It's a tough gig, you know...

And. I'm just predictable, what can I say? tongue.gif

#23 DudeOnline

DudeOnline
  • 1897 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:36 AM

Also another one of my pet peeves is Health Nazis.

"don't eat that, it has too many preservatives"
"Whole wheat is better than white in my opinion"
"Red meat is so unhealthy"

bark you and your hippie bullshit. If I want to east red meat, pre-processed foods, or white bread, you should have nothing to say about it. go back to your tofu-burgers ya hippie.

Edited by Dudeonline, 26 November 2007 - 10:36 AM.

#24 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:13 PM

cops.

people who drive like 5-10 miles under the speed limit, when you're already late. and it's a one-lane road. x_x

old ladies at checkout lines that have to search for pennies, or dot every "i" when they're writing out a check (who uses checks at walmart anymore, anyway?)

#25 foogie

foogie
  • 5818 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(murderkill 2.5.1 @ Nov 26 2007, 04:13 PM) View Post
cops.

people who drive like 5-10 miles under the speed limit, when you're already late. and it's a one-lane road. x_x

old ladies at checkout lines that have to search for pennies, or dot every "i" when they're writing out a check (who uses checks at walmart anymore, anyway?)

holy crap.... cheques HAVE become rather obsolete, haven't they???

...though my dad still pays me with them...

never ever used a cheque before. 1we8.gif interesting. the world's gone plastic. 1we8.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users