Photo

[Neopets Programs] Neon AP - Neopets Shop Auto Pricer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
466 replies to this topic

#26 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:27 AM

Ahh, this is one of my old favorites; it's nice to see it back up. I'll definitely be using it when I start playing neopets again.

#27 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:32 AM

Don't forget that you'll need to send all the items in for checking before sending the prices in for them SL. ;)

#28 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:00 PM

Don't forget that you'll need to send all the items in for checking before sending the prices in for them SL. ;)

The script won't run statistics on my prices when I submit them? :p

#29 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

The script won't run statistics on my prices when I submit them? :p

It updates the prices by obj_id so the obj_id has to be in the database before it can update it. :p

When you load the shop stock pages just parse out the necessary information and send it in for checking, that'll add all the missing items which can then be priced.

It's all in the comments on the update script for the data structure you need to follow.

#30 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:51 AM

Alright, so version 1.1 will be up tomorrow. There are a total of three algorithms you can use -- "average", "lowest" and "Price Group".

=> Algorithms:
Average:
Plain-old average all the successful prices obtained from the Shop Wizard.
Lowest: Will use the lowest price found on the Shop Wizard.
Price Group:
This one requires a bit of an explanation. Prices listed on the Shop Wizard are not random. If you look up an item, you will see that the first letter of people's usernames are grouped together on the page, such that all usernames that start with "a" will ALWAYS land on the same page as usernames that start with "n" and "0", etc. Here's the chart from PinkPT:
A N 0
  B O 1
  C P 2
  D Q 3
  E R 4
  F S 5
  G T 6
  H U 7
  I V 8
  J W 9
  K X _
  L Y
  M Z
What this algorithm does is it uses the first letter of your username, and it will search until it finds which "group" you belong to. It will then choose the lowest price that it finds in the group you belong to. Note that this is not necessarily the "absolute" lowest price, since other users who belong to other groups may be selling it for cheaper. It maximizes your profit basically.

Read this if you have any other questions about it: http://www.pinkpt.com/shopwiz.htm
Because this setting requires a lot of refreshes, it is highly advised that you set the "# of attempts at finding a price if failed" setting to a high number so it won't give up early and just give you 0 as the price.

=> Once the "price" has been determined, you can either choose to inflate/deflate the price by a specific factor, or subtract a fixed amount of NP from every price.

=> I have also given users the option to enable statistics to remove outlying prices (will not do it if less than three prices are found for the item though -- the stats are highly inaccurate if less than three items are found), so it will examine all of the prices found, calculate the percent discrepancy of each price from other ones and remove prices that have too high of a discrepancy. You are able to set the discrepancy in the settings dialog box.

------
Alright you lucky folks, I decided to release it tonight instead of tomorrow. :p

Version 1.1 is now up. Please test it out and report any bugs. Thanks!

#31 tombattohsai

tombattohsai
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:20 AM

what use the price program if i cannot sell the item at the price that i change

#32 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:29 AM

You can sell the item at a price that you can change. O_o You can also make it price for you based on three algorithms. What's the problem?

#33 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:39 AM

People like this should be banned instantly.

#34 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:46 AM

People like this should be banned instantly.

Hehe.

How do you like the program Oaken? Are you using it for your pricing? I just used it for my 80-item shop and it ran beautifully. :p For the more expensive item that I had (with 12 of them in my SDB, haha), I cranked up the number of retries to like 15 or so and ran "Price Group" on that one item. Seems to be working. :D

#35 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

Program worked like a charm till 5 minutes ago. I just got a error that says "error. account is wizard banned". But my neopet account is not banned and the pricer stops working. It hasn't worked since.. So whats that error mean?

#36 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:18 AM

Program worked like a charm till 5 minutes ago. I just got a error that says "error. account is wizard banned". But my neopet account is not banned and the pricer stops working. It hasn't worked since.. So whats that error mean?

You cannot use the "Wizard" as in the Shop Wizard.

#37 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:37 AM

You cannot use the "Wizard" as in the Shop Wizard.

Hmm is there a max amount of items the wizard will allow? It seems to throw this error after 10 items are priced.

It now works till roughly the 10th item then I get the error.

#38 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

Hmm is there a max amount of items the wizard will allow? It seems to throw this error after 10 items are priced.

It now works till roughly the 10th item then I get the error.

Either it's refreshing too fast or it can only be used so much in a set period of time, I don't know personally.

#39 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

The shop wiz limit is 180 searches per hour if that's what you wanted to know.

#40 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

sweet program. I just used it w/o an issue.. def a time saver :thumbsup:

#41 stirlingL

stirlingL
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:42 AM

slink : program working fine all good.

however. you know how we can set it to take X amount of nps off lowest price.. can we make it take between X and Y nps of lowest price.

so x = 50

y = 200

randomly choose one number between 50 and 200, so for that individual item it will deduct 88 or so.

must look suss when 40 items are all lowered by 500nps?

#42 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:33 AM

slink : program working fine all good.

however. you know how we can set it to take X amount of nps off lowest price.. can we make it take between X and Y nps of lowest price.

so x = 50

y = 200

randomly choose one number between 50 and 200, so for that individual item it will deduct 88 or so.

must look suss when 40 items are all lowered by 500nps?

Well yeah, but TNT doesn't know what price we've determined for the item in the first place, so it's really not too obvious. :p If you run enough trials, enough prices get in the mix that it's unpredictable on their end. :p

#43 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

Neon AP version 1.3 now online!

The only new feature is that it now prices the Neocodex Items Database while you price your shop (and it only sends these prices to Neocodex once pricing is done, so it shouldn't reduce performance of the program). We are keeping track of how much people price, so if you want your name on the statistics page that we will have up soon, you should price with this program. :p

I also moved the pricing routines out of Neon AP and into its own module, and Neon AP has been linked to this module.
This means that in our future programs, we can include a pricer with only a couple lines of code! (perfect for adding a pricer to Abrosia, for example? :p )

#44 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:25 PM

Great news... I'll abandon my old pricer now

#45 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

Great news... I'll abandon my old pricer now

What can your old pricer do that this one can't? (and that isn't somthing redundant but actually useful)
I'll add it in depending on what it is. :p

Also, you may need to bug test a bit since I ported over hundreds of lines of code to this new system. :p I did as much testing as I could with the ItemsDB and the NeoPricer but anything can crop up. :p

#46 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

I think I PMed you the link to my old pricer when I first joined... or was that Hydro?

First off, the actions were much more transparent (which I liked... i.e. "searched section wz" etc.)...

Pricing options were
  • Lowest on entire shop wizard
  • Lowest in your shop section (HANDY!)
  • Lowest out of ___ +- ____ searches
I'm fond of the third option myself, but I've used all 3 depending on how motivated I am to really move some items.

Question - Can your program differentiate lab map pieces? If it can, great... if not, could you set it to automatically uncheck those items? It would suck to sell one of the UB pieces for 6k

More options:

If item is priced below ___ NP, then remove from shop and.... (move to SDB, donate, discard, etc.)

Remove checked items that are likely to be unbuyable from the shop... then place in (SDB, gallery, trading post)... in trading post, use wishlist text of _________________________________

Empty till, then (Leave NP on hand, Move to bank, ask what to do)

#47 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

• Lowest on entire shop wizard
  • Lowest in your shop section (HANDY!)
  • Lowest out of ___ +- ____ searches

Shop section is the same as price group (where it uses the first letter in your username)? If so, I have that option in my pricer, it just takes a while because there are 15 groups so you have to set number of retries up to like 15 so you can land at least one per trial. :p Same with option three, except its a fixed number and not +/- (just enter number of searches and make it go for any # of trials)

Lowest on entire shop wiz, what does that mean? Just one search?

Also, what pricer can't discern between different map pieces? Object ID verification should be a feature in all pricers to make sure you are pricing the correct map piece. For map pieces though, number of retries needs to be high in order for it to price properly because it will hammer at the wiz until it either gets a price for that object ID, or it exceeds number of retries.

Just make sure though by looking through your shop contents and see if the price sounds reasonable. Some idiots can always list UBs on the shop wiz for 99,999 or something and if the pricer sees this it will use that. It doesn't auto submit to the shop though which is good. :p

If item is priced below ___ NP, then remove from shop and

Meh, I don't have that, lol. I can add that later.

#48 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:04 PM

Lowest on entire shop wiz, what does that mean? Just one search?

Also, what pricer can't discern between different map pieces? Object ID verification should be a feature in all pricers to make sure you are pricing the correct map piece. For map pieces though, number of retries needs to be high in order for it to price properly because it will hammer at the wiz until it either gets a price for that object ID, or it exceeds number of retries.

Lowest on entire shopwiz entails searching until every section has been encountered and an absolute lowest price can be set (even for SSW)

Mine doesn't. It just skips them. It was the first auto-pricer I ever used, and it got the job done, so I've tried no other.

#49 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

Ah, ok, I see. Mine skips (just gives a price of 0) if it can't find the price (meaning the wiz brought results for a different map piece) after those amount of tries. :p

And don't only premium members have access to SSW?

Also lowest on entire shop wiz can be programmed in since I basically have sections programmed in to "Price Group". "Price Group" only goes until it hits your section.

#50 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

Ah, ok, I see. Mine skips (just gives a price of 0) if it can't find the price (meaning the wiz brought results for a different map piece) after those amount of tries. :p

And don't only premium members have access to SSW?

Also lowest on entire shop wiz can be programmed in since I basically have sections programmed in to "Price Group". "Price Group" only goes until it hits your section.

-_-'... I'm being slightly unclear... I was just saying that even if someone were to use SSW yours would be at the top of the list

But you got the point :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users