Legalizing Marijuana

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#101 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

I would then get on the buss at 7:45 (The alternate would be 9:10) Transfer twice, and get there at 8:30.

While, with a car, I can get up at 8:00, Shower, Eat, and then leave at 9:30, and be there by 9:50

For instance, the bus comes to my stop at 9:05 in the morning. I start work at 9. See a problem?

You contradicted yourself. Assuming that you're saying that the current bus system isn't effective: in some countries bus's get their own routes and come every 15 minutes or so during rush hour, so taking them would be faster/cheaper than driving

Maybe when you dont know where your going, but if I wanted to go to walmart, I can just leave. I dont have to go online, find a bus route, wait for it to come, transfer, get to walmart. Wait for the next bus. etc. Its about 1/120th the planning, and time required.

????. Until you get familiar with the destination, you have to plan how to get there regardless of if you take a bus or drive. I fail to see your point.

bleh, I'm done.

#102 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

Lets legalize suicide too! If you dont like it, dont do it.

Also, its about endangerment to others.

In most cases euthanasia can be a benefit both to the individual (who probably doesn't want to kill himself unless it will relieve some suffering) and the society he belongs to. The people in such a society no longer have to provide food, shelter, and medical aid to a probably terminal hospice patient. Such care constitutes not only prohibitively expensive expenses but also considerable suffering for the family (imagine watching your cancer-ridden grandmother wither away with an inoperable tumor). Ritual suicide is a part of many cultures: just because your own scorns it doesn't mean that some people find great honor in it. Just ask a Japanese WW2 survivor.

Endangerment to others is always legislated. Hence, BAC laws for drivers. But BAC isn't regulated in your own home; such should be the case for cannabis.

Suicide is illegal? What do they do, send the corpse to jail?

Well, we're a little puritan in the states. Suicide is a sin, and so it remains in our laws. Goddamn moral founding fathers...

#103 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:13 PM

From what I've read about the founding fathers alot of them seemed to be closet deists/atheist/agnostic or extremely secular. Am I missing something?

#104 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:26 AM

iargue is pushing all these minor, off-topic points because he can't push the actual debate topic any further without looking like more of a moron.
Time to ignore him, I think.

#105 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:50 AM

From what I've read about the founding fathers alot of them seemed to be closet deists/atheist/agnostic or extremely secular. Am I missing something?

Lol. Thats why its "In God we Trust". Good Job.

They where Puritians/chrisitans/catholics. Our entire nation was founded on religion

#106 turdo

turdo
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:21 AM

They where Puritians/chrisitans/catholics. Our entire nation was founded on religion

Oh my god you're a retard. Our nation was definately NOT founded on religion you blatant moron. One of the mesons the pilgrims moved here was because of religious prosecution.

#107 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:23 AM

Fail.

Unofficial US national motto was "E pluribus unum", until Congress decided to make an official one (In God We Trust) in 1956.

You're beyond a tool.

#108 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

I don't care wether it's legalised or not, to be honest it wouldn't change much, just make the price come down and save some addicts lives lol.

I don't think marijuana and the cause of mental illnesses are documented well enough. I saw a documentary the other day and it had cat scans of an addict to every drug and a normal persons cat scan, all the drugs cat scans had huge areas of dead brain tissue, apart from the Marijuana user who had Increased brain activity over the normal person.

#109 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:59 AM

Oh my god you're a retard. Our nation was definately NOT founded on religion you blatant moron. One of the mesons the pilgrims moved here was because of religious prosecution.

The bold words would dictate that we WHERE FOUNDED ON RELIGION.

Did you even pay attention past 6th grade?

Everyone FLED from England in order to be ABLE to practice whatever religion they wanted.

http://en.wikipedia....e:_17th_century

Many of the British North American colonies that eventually formed the United States of America were settled in the seventeenth century by men and women, who, in the face of European religious persecution, refused to compromise passionately-held religious convictions and fled Europe.

The Middle Atlantic colonies of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland, were conceived and established "as plantations of religion." Some settlers who arrived in these areas came for secular motives—"to catch fish" as one New Englander put it—but the great majority left Europe to worship in the way they believed to be correct. They supported the efforts of their leaders to create "a City upon a Hill" or a "holy experiment," whose success would prove that God's plan for churches could be successfully realized in the American wilderness. Even colonies like Virginia, which were planned as commercial ventures, were led by entrepreneurs who considered themselves "militant Protestants" and who worked diligently to promote the prosperity of the church.

There is plenty more information in their if you want to bother reading it. The Majority of our country was formed by people who wanted to practice their own religion.

Fail.

Unofficial US national motto was "E pluribus unum", until Congress decided to make an official one (In God We Trust) in 1956.

You're beyond a tool.

I am sure that you know the United States history from front to back, because you spent your entire years of education learning about our History. Do you even know why that was made our Motto?

Edited by iargue, 06 September 2009 - 09:55 AM.

#110 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

This time I have to agree with Joe.
I might not know how bad illicit drugs blow up your countries, but here drug trafic makes Brazil not only to lose several people for drugs, but are the creators of robbery and other kind of crimes.
Last year here in my city, Rio de Janeiro(which is a really big city, used to be capital almost 60 years ago), there was a mayor election and one of them was talking about legalizing Marijuana, the thing is: If Marijuana was legalized there would be no trafic, and, therefore, no more robbery because of it, it's producers would have to pay taxes and so the government would win money and the slums would be better for the poor people, since they're controlled by the trafic now and are really dangerous, there are people dying of several sickness there because the doctors can't get into it.
So yea, I think that legalizing, not only marijuana, but all the drugs, would help a lot, but this would have to come with some help to the population, like explaining the problems that drugs might bring, it's effects, etc.

Sorry for my grammar mistakes, way too long without writting a "big" text in english...
If someone see many mistakes and want to translate my post, you're welcome x.x
___
Oh, and Iargue, that happened to France too, just don't know how to write the religion's name in english x.x. Some of the french fled to Brazil by that time...

Edited by G3N3R4T10N, 06 September 2009 - 10:56 AM.

#111 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:18 AM

I am sure that you know the United States history from front to back, because you spent your entire years of education learning about our History. Do you even know why that was made our Motto?

Was there an error in what I said? Because if there was, you should really point that out, instead of assuming that I know nothing about your country simply because I wasn't born there.
Get back to me when your country has a longer history than the tree in my garden.

#112 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:42 AM

Was there an error in what I said? Because if there was, you should really point that out, instead of assuming that I know nothing about your country simply because I wasn't born there.
Get back to me when your country has a longer history than the tree in my garden.

LOL Joe's got a redwood... we're boned

#113 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:01 PM

There was error in you trying to refute what I said, because you found online that our motto was created in the 1900's. Just because it was adopted later on, does not mean it was not found on that principle, perhaps a little more research and you would find that "In God we Trust' was adopted due to our long standing history with Religion.

#114 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

You guys were not founded as a Christian nation...

#115 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

How did legalising Marujuana come to this? -.- lol

But Yes I agree you were not found as a christian nation.

Now back on topic :D

#116 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:30 PM

No, but where where founded with RELIGIOUS FREEDOM. That makes us founded on Religion. The majority of people who came to America where here to practice whatever Religion they wanted. Eventually Christianity became the majority, and we adopted our motto. It all started with Fucking religion.

How did legalising Marujuana come to this? -.- lol

But Yes I agree you were not found as a christian nation.

Now back on topic :D

Its pointless to try and keep to one topic, we should discuss anything, any where. Thats how ideals are expressed. Stop trying to conform.

#117 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

I will conform if I wish :) Make an "America: Founded as a christian nation?" Debate topic and I will argue that point with you, but don't do it on the marujuana topic!

Edited by D3ath t0 nubs, 06 September 2009 - 12:38 PM.

#118 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

No, but where where founded with RELIGIOUS FREEDOM. That makes us founded on Religion.

Then by that logic shouldn't every single country be founded on religion? Making saying that pointless :/

#119 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:05 PM

No, but where where founded with RELIGIOUS FREEDOM. That makes us founded on Religion.

Logic:
Posted Image

#120 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

Then by that logic shouldn't every single country be founded on religion? Making saying that pointless :/

No. There are countries founded for Military reasons, cultural reasons, and even expansive reasons. America was founded for religious reasons. Britian wasnt founded for Religious reasons.

#121 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

The sad thing is that the legalization movements dont do this. They try to just push to removing the laws, not establishing the methods. (Maybe they are baked and forgot. Who knows)

Unfortunately somewhat bullshit, most legalization movements have methods of reform and what exactly to reform, but it's not as publicized because its not what's going to get voters. For any mass movement to work the vaguer the notion the better.

#122 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:13 PM

That's probably the only reason that "marijuana to make the sick feel better!" movement got ANY momentum at all...

People can usually jump behind making people with cancer feel better

#123 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

No. There are countries founded for Military reasons, cultural reasons, and even expansive reasons. America was founded for religious reasons. Britian wasnt founded for Religious reasons.

Sorry for being a whore, Iargue, but actually, USA was founded by religious reasons, not the whole America >_>(which is a continent)
And wouldn't the right be "England wasn't founded for religious reasons"?(That's right xD the "Two Roses War" or something like that =D)

#124 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

Sorry for being a whore, Iargue, but actually, USA was founded by religious reasons, not the whole America >_>(which is a continent)
And wouldn't the right be "England wasn't founded for religious reasons"?(That's right xD the "Two Roses War" or something like that =D)

England wasn't found in the two roses war, thats The tudors and richard the II if I'm not mistaken.

And, you could claim any land was founded by religion.

#125 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:41 AM

England wasn't found in the two roses war, thats The tudors and richard the II if I'm not mistaken.

And, you could claim any land was founded by religion.

Wasn't? o.O
I thought it started with the two roses war, but neither the families that were participating won, but the tudors (that I have no idea from where came from, since we didn't go really deep and my memory is killing me right now)

Edited by G3N3R4T10N, 07 September 2009 - 05:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users