Photo

The MMA/BJJ/Wrestling Topic

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#76 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:49 PM

I'm probably gonna stream it from my laptop. Everytime I go to a bar to watch it I'm suddenly down like ~$80 :(

God DAMN that was one of the better PPVs in a long time. So much shit.

Here's my thoughts on the whole event; don't read if you don't want SPOILERS!: 

Spoiler

Edited by BuckFutter, 08 May 2010 - 09:20 PM.

#77 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:56 PM

Lol. its suppose to save you money to watch it at the bar.

Where can I find good (live) streams, anyway? I can't seem to find any.

#78 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

I usually watch mine using a program called Sopcast, which streams different channels. MMA-TV is the one that usually ups these UFC PPVs, and sometimes they show other interesting fights when no PPVs are on.

#79 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

Kimbo Slice vs Matt Mitrione was a battle between asthma victims. They have no stamina at all.

Mitrione seemed like he gassed the second he stepped onto the cage. Slice gassed after a single leg kick struck his knee. The ground and pound was more like a cat pawing at a door. The submissions were all half-assed. The only decently applied submission was the triangle choke.

Kimbo Slice is hopeless. If they keep him in the UFC (I heard rumors that Dana would change his mind), then they'd have to drag some trash heavyweights into the UFC for him to beat because currently, Kimbo is at the bottom of the heavyweight division.

but as for the main event, it was interesting. Neither of the fighters seemed like they were in optimal shape with those beer bellies.

On another note, I just read that steroids weren't tested for in Pride and many of the fighters there used them.. and accusations don't exclude Shogun.

Edited by Live, 10 May 2010 - 09:16 PM.

#80 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

On another note, I just read that steroids weren't tested for in Pride and many of the fighters there used them.. and accusations don't exclude Shogun.

This may be true, but all UFC champions must be clean. I was reading through some heavyweight history and the 2 DQs for steroids helped solidify in my mind that they are definitely testing.

#81 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:29 AM

This may be true, but all UFC champions must be clean. I was reading through some heavyweight history and the 2 DQs for steroids helped solidify in my mind that they are definitely testing.

Shoguns not using them now but he probably did back in Pride. I know for sure Wanderlei used them back in Pride.. because he completely changed in his transition to the UFC where they test for steroids.

#82 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:01 PM

Shoguns not using them now but he probably did back in Pride. I know for sure Wanderlei used them back in Pride.. because he completely changed in his transition to the UFC where they test for steroids.

Yeah Wanderlei's first few UFC fights were quite disappointing after seeing him in Pride and Vale Tudo

#83 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

Yeah Wanderlei's first few UFC fights were quite disappointing after seeing him in Pride and Vale Tudo

I guess steroids really make a difference. I highly doubt that it were the new rules and/or cage. Many fighters transitioned fine.

#84 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:01 PM

I guess steroids really make a difference. I highly doubt that it were the new rules and/or cage. Many fighters transitioned fine.

I'm sure Wandy misses the soccer kicks and those brutal knees to a downed opponent though, that seemed to be a big part of his fighting style.

#85 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

I'm sure Wandy misses the soccer kicks and those brutal knees to a downed opponent though, that seemed to be a big part of his fighting style.

Shoguns doing fine without them. and its also harder to bring UFC fighters onto the ground. UFC fighters generally have better ground game than Pride fighters.

#86 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

Shoguns doing fine without them. and its also harder to bring UFC fighters onto the ground. UFC fighters generally have better ground game than Pride fighters.

Really had to think twice about the last two statements after watching Meathead vs Kimbo.

#87 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

Cracked wrote an article about MMA: The 10 Worst MMA Fights of All Time

Go enjoy it now:
http://www.cracked.c...ts-of-all-time/

#88 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

Woo anderson silva on there twice!

Also, lmao at the Ali fight being #1 - I thought that was supposed to be a joke fight, but I guess not o__o;

#89 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

Woo anderson silva on there twice!

Also, lmao at the Ali fight being #1 - I thought that was supposed to be a joke fight, but I guess not o__o;

Silva's double listing made me chuckle as well. His latest fight actually being on the list made me chuckle. Most of these fights are old as dirt.

#90 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

IMO someone needs to make a "Top 10 Most Boring MMA Fights of All Time" video and have it be a GSP highlight video

#91 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

Jon Fitch is up there with GSP when it comes to lay and pray abuse.

#92 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

Imagine a fight where Anderson Silva has to fight himself. I think the two Silvas would just dance around the cage like monkeys and never actually make contact.

Now imagine a fight where GSP has to fight himself. No homo.

#93 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:10 AM

Kimbo Slice vs Matt Mitrione was a battle between asthma victims. They have no stamina at all.

Mitrione seemed like he gassed the second he stepped onto the cage. Slice gassed after a single leg kick struck his knee. The ground and pound was more like a cat pawing at a door. The submissions were all half-assed. The only decently applied submission was the triangle choke.

Kimbo Slice is hopeless. If they keep him in the UFC (I heard rumors that Dana would change his mind), then they'd have to drag some trash heavyweights into the UFC for him to beat because currently, Kimbo is at the bottom of the heavyweight division.

but as for the main event, it was interesting. Neither of the fighters seemed like they were in optimal shape with those beer bellies.

Yeah, kimbo slice is hopeless, I really didn't see anything special about him when he did Ultimate Fighter, he is big and slow, no stamina and really no submission at his arsenal.

#94 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

Anyone else catch Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery?

#95 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

Anyone else catch Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery?

Crap, I forgot. I wanted to watch Roger Gracie fight ever since I found out he defeated Shinya Aoki at a grappling match. Roger had some serious weight advantage but still, Aoki is the grappling master.

Edited by Live, 16 May 2010 - 09:52 PM.

#96 BuckFutter

BuckFutter
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

Crap, I forgot. I wanted to watch Roger Gracie fight ever since I found out he defeated Shinya Aoki at a grappling match. Roger had some serious weight advantage but still, Aoki is the grappling master.

You can probably find the fight videos online. Gracie fought Randelman, iirc. Was not a bad fight overall.

As for Aoki, man he got embarassed by Melendez at the last Strikeforce event. Speaking of which, I'm glad they had a nice Strikeforce card after the snoozefest last time.

#97 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

Alistair Overeem is pretty good. O_o

I wanna see him fight Fedor now.

#98 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:12 AM

So who is stoked for tonight?

Rashad Evans v. Rampage Jackson may be the one of the non-title fights I've been looking forward to the most for a while.
And Michael Bisping is no slouch either. He may not be the best, but he always puts on a good show.

I'm excited as hell and am counting down the hours until this matchup begins.

#99 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:41 AM

So who is stoked for tonight?

Rashad Evans v. Rampage Jackson may be the one of the non-title fights I've been looking forward to the most for a while.
And Michael Bisping is no slouch either. He may not be the best, but he always puts on a good show.

I'm excited as hell and am counting down the hours until this matchup begins.

I put $10 on Rampage so I hope he wins.

#100 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

Rampage is a monster, But Rashad has been improving. Rampage and Rashad are both known for their hands, but Rashad has spread his experience to the ground game. It would be tough for me to bet either way, so I'm just looking forward to an exciting fight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users