Quantcast

Photo

Which is worse: Alcohol, weed or cigarettes?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#76 Gagoso

Gagoso
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

Hi guys, i think Alcohol but i agree with all of here ..:funone:

#77 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

Maybe I scanned through too quickly but you all brought up negative points about many many things how about the positives...

I have never done hard drugs but I have smoked a bowl or two in my lifetime, I do drink, and I love cigars... I believe that you're viewing the legalization of marijuana in the wrong way though... Legalizing it because it's not as harmful as cigarettes or alcohol is a poor argument... Well don't jump off the bridge jump off the house it's shorter... Well yeah but you could still break your leg... I mean smoking a bowl doesn't make you a better driver contrary to what you believe just like having 5 beers doesn't make you a better driver... My point is think about the money the government could make by regulating and taxing marijuana sales... Much like cigarettes it could be taxed and controlled in regards to production... I mean that is big money that could be going back in to the government to get rid of the excessively large debt we like to keep expanding on things we can't justify... Lol. I agree we're spending billions putting pot smokers behind bars and bringing them through court and it's a waste the effects are no better or worse for you than having several drinks... I'm not saying binge drinking I'm saying getting high is about as much fun as getting pretty buzzed or at least that's my take on it... I am not saying it's a safe drug I'm just saying there is money to be made in the legalization of it... I'd still control it in regards to quantity you could have on you and I'd still enforce DUIs... But hey that's just my two cents...

As for what's worse for you... Well it depends on quantity consumed of each item over how long a period of time... I love love love love love love love cigars... Absolutely love them best thing I ever tried... I will take a glass of crown and coke with a cigar any day of the week too... I love to have a couple drinks and relax... Not all the time but it's nice to do once or twice a week... Ohh maybe I'll splurge and do it 3 times... But I smoke cigars roughly mmm once a week or twice a week... I have a couple drinks a week usually twice a week I'll go out and relax... I used to smoke a bowl roughly once a month maybe twice... Honestly I do worse things in my life... I skydive, I race crotch rockets, and I free climb... Any one of those can kill me every time I do them... Smoking that cigar isn't putting me over any time soon :funone:

The government can't regulate what it can't fully comprehend. The reason DUI's are enforced is because of the way that alcohol enters and leaves your body. The government introduced a "scale" of measurement stating that BAC would be the deciding factor for DUI's. We don't fully understand but we actively research the effects of liquor on the human body. This same research is not applied to marijuana because of current legal laws. Even if it's not legalized, at least allow for proper research and not making a botanist's or scientist's job hella difficult because of some fucking laws prohibiting you from researching.

tl;dr (It's not that long) WE NEED MORE RESEARCH ON CANNABIS

#78 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

i thought it would be appropriate to have my 420th post in this thread.

Posted Image

#79 Code

Code
  • Patron of Absorbia

• 435 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:53 AM

cigarettes, once your addicted to it, it kills you slowly

#80 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:46 AM

I think weed is worst.

followed by cigarettes then alcohol.

Getting lungs damaged and not able to breathe properly sucks.

#81 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:45 AM

I think weed is worst.

followed by cigarettes then alcohol.

Getting lungs damaged and not able to breathe properly sucks.

I would say the other way around... in my opinion alcohol is more harmful than weed. Weed isn't addictive (physically at least), it's impossible to overdose on it (you can't go to the hospital for weed poisoning or die from it), there's no evidence that it harms your liver in the way that alcohol does, and people usually don't get belligerent when high.

#82 SmokingKush

SmokingKush
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:12 AM

health wise = cigarettes > alcohol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> weed. Hard to compare cigarettes to alcohol but you can intelligently consume alcohol which is more than you can say about tobacco, and a least an alcohol high is pleasant.

Socially, alcohol causes a lot more damage. Though I'm sure there's some dumbasses out there that gave their kids cancer with their second hand smoke at least it's not literally beating them up or driving through them.

You smoke too much weed you'll just watch some bbc documentary, eat a shit load and fall asleep. There are some carcinogenic chemicals in any burnt matter, but it's negligible in weed. The paper is probably worse for you. Plus you can vaporize that shit.

Edited by SmokingKush, 11 August 2010 - 06:14 AM.

#83 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:46 PM

I'd say cigarettes is the worst. The addiction that comes with it, as well as a personal peeve on secondhand smoke ranks it as the worst.

Cannabis has long been used for its medicinal purposes and well let's face it -- people tend to find ways to abuse things.

I have a similar opinion towards alcohol; it only gets bad in excessive amounts.

#84 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • ๐Ÿฑ ๐Ÿ’– ๐Ÿ„

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

definitely cigarettes

#85 EzioAuditore

EzioAuditore
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:00 PM

Cigarettes are by far the worst. Alcohol is rough on your liver and brain cells. Weed is rough on your lungs and brain cells, but not as bad on your lungs as cigarettes. My drug of choice is still alcohol though. =D

#86 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • ๐Ÿฑ ๐Ÿ’– ๐Ÿ„

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

Ehh, I really hate when people have misconceptions about weed... :ohwell:

#87 Powerrrr

Powerrrr
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

Ehh, I really hate when people have misconceptions about weed... :ohwell:

The power of media propaganda. How else do they keep it illegal.

#88 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:21 AM

This thread is full of children/losers who do not go out on the weekend.

Alcohol is the worst substance known to man.

#89 Kacela

Kacela
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:30 AM

Which is worse? It depends.

Of the three, pot is the least dangerous, to your own body, as well as everyone around you.

If you could get tobacco for your cigs on your own, ie. NOT from Big Tobacco, who add all kinds of chemicals to keep you addicted, then I'd say Alcohol is the most dangerous; however, as it stands, BECAUSE big tobacco adds all sorts of crap, cigarettes are definately more dangerous than alcohol.

< / 2ยข >

#90 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:33 PM

Alcohol i think is most dangerous. cigs over time. and weed is just kinda there. no really dangerous at all.

#91 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

Cigarettes the worst. At least alcohol and weeds have health benefits when used accordingly.

#92 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

I think cigarettes are the worst out of this bunch. It pollutes the air, causes cancer and smells really really horrible. Plus you give others the risk of cancer by smoking it. It's also terribly addictive, my dad's been trying to quit for years but keeps failing.

#93 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:12 AM

I think cigarettes are the worst out of this bunch. It pollutes the air, causes cancer and smells really really horrible. Plus you give others the risk of cancer by smoking it. It's also terribly addictive, my dad's been trying to quit for years but keeps failing.

Actually all three are equally addictive, and even more so when one suffers from psychological problems (on top of physical withdrawal symptoms).

#94 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

Actually all three are equally addictive, and even more so when one suffers from psychological problems (on top of physical withdrawal symptoms).

I know they're all equally addictive, but it is the most out of the 3 'evils' listed. I hate the smell of cigarettes and I lost my uncle from lung cancer because he smoked, so that's why I dislike cigarettes. :/

#95 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:36 AM

I have a close relative who smokes too :/ I guess it's very difficult to quit smoking after doing so for ten years or even longer.

#96 sonic

sonic
  • 3452 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:17 PM

That post was a fail.

I know they're all equally addictive, but it is the most out of the 3 'evils' listed. I hate the smell of cigarettes and I lost my uncle from lung cancer because he smoked, so that's why I dislike cigarettes. :/

God damn.....
Its amateur hour at the dex.

God damn.....
Its amateur hour at the dex.

#97 Risey

Risey
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

lol weed is in no way addictive. Physically, at least. But still, saying it's psychologically addictive is like saying drinking chocolate milk is addictive.

#98 Fresca

Fresca
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:59 AM

Is this real life? Who would answer weed?

Cigarettes definitely. It sucks that some people abuse alcohol but at least they're only hurting themselves (physically - I won't get into the emotional bullshit that affects friends/family). My older cousin never smoked a day in his life and he's already having lung capacity problems that are most likely because both of his parents have been chain smokers his entire life. Plus it's nasty. Although I used to be a smoker :/

#99 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

Cigarettes are the worst.

Weed and alcohol can be bad if you are an idiot and don't know how much is enough and when is an appropriate time to indulge.

#100 Justinnn

Justinnn
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:17 AM

Marijuana has never had one recorded death as a directly result of it's intake.

Lol@PeopleThinkingIt'sHarmful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users