Quantcast

Photo

Which is worse: Alcohol, weed or cigarettes?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#126 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

Cigarettes are the worst because they effect the health of the people around you, too.

#127 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

Cigarettes are the worst because they effect the health of the people around you, too.

Yeah, it sucks when you have to endure second hand smoke just if you want to hang out with certain friends, or even if you're at a certain venue that has open smoking =p

I'm always paranoid about second hand smoke because it can be just as bad :(

#128 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

Ugh there are many ways to look at it.

I think alcohol might be the most healthy? Or rather the least detrimental to health.
Not sure though but that's what i would assume. And you still retain clarity until the 2nd glass or so....

Weed, i don't there are much detrimental effects but you pretty much lose it the instant you smoke it right?
Is there a law saying you can't drive high?

Cigarettes you remain clear headed all teh time....but you might just die of cancer...

Depends oh how you weigh health and clarity of mind.

#129 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

Ugh there are many ways to look at it.

I think alcohol might be the most healthy? Or rather the least detrimental to health.
Not sure though but that's what i would assume. And you still retain clarity until the 2nd glass or so....

Weed, i don't there are much detrimental effects but you pretty much lose it the instant you smoke it right?
Is there a law saying you can't drive high?

Cigarettes you remain clear headed all teh time....but you might just die of cancer...

Depends oh how you weigh health and clarity of mind.

It would really depend what you drink. Some wine's drank occaisionally is apparently good for you.... but something like 151.. i'm 100% sure theres no nutitional benefit to that.

Some people say that weed may have long term effects.. but really there isnt much research or focus groups to support that =x

#130 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

It would really depend what you drink. Some wine's drank occaisionally is apparently good for you.... but something like 151.. i'm 100% sure theres no nutitional benefit to that.

Some people say that weed may have long term effects.. but really there isnt much research or focus groups to support that =x

lol you can see why....
What are they gonna do?
Grab a load of weed and have patients periodically smoke it? lol

#131 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

lol you can see why....
What are they gonna do?

For a short term study, that's exactly what they do.

#132 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

lol you can see why....
What are they gonna do?

Some people smoke weed legally as a way to cope with pain and injuries (long-term weed smokers).

They could just keep track of them and survey them lol.

#133 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

All have some cons. I guess I'd say the abuse of any of these would be worst with alcohol - you could potentially kill yourself or multiple others.Posted Image

#134 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:25 PM

I detest cigarettes.
Every time we go out for dinner and every fucking table around us is smoking, I imagine my life bar going into the red zone.

I don't care if they do all three together, as long as no one else gets affected. It's their choice to chip away at their lives, but it sucks when they bring everyone else down with them. I've seen a father of five, whose kids are all under 10 years old, smoking like a chimney. Has he ever thought that it could give his kid cancer/asthma/allergies? Apparently not.

#135 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

I detest cigarettes.
Every time we go out for dinner and every fucking table around us is smoking, I imagine my life bar going into the red zone.

Ugh. Nothing worse than getting into an elevator with a smoker. You end up holding your breath until you finally get to your floor. And my all time favorite is the smoking rooms in airports - the ones with the glass walls and you can sort of make out what appear to be human silhouettes through the murky, rancid haze...

Disgusting.

#136 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

And yet, alcohol will always be worse then cigarettes.

#137 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:42 PM

And yet, alcohol will always be worse then cigarettes.

Alcohol abuse is definitely more dangerous in the short term, but cigarettes are worse to people in the vicinity and on the environment.

#138 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:12 AM

Alcohol abuse is definitely more dangerous in the short term, but cigarettes are worse to people in the vicinity and on the environment.

I was talking more about the sociological affects of it. A friend of mine was stabbed in the neck last week because of alcohol. It'd be a rarirty for that kind of altercation to be caused by cigarettes.

#139 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:41 PM

alcohol can be drunk in moderation with benefit and no adverse effect
cigarette has less possible tangible benefit, but can be used in nominal amount with no adverse effect
weed alters your mind, which is an adverse effect, every time

so weed is the worst :) i know you'll disagree

#140 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:04 PM

Is very easy to get drunken in a party, and ruin/end your life the same day.
Once you like cigarettes, you won't leave cigarrettes with ease.
I have never tasted weed, but I don't have close friends that had gotten their lifes ruined by weed, so I don't think it's very bad.

I think that alcohol has ruined more lifes that cigarretes or weed.

#141 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

Cigarettes. The worst part is that a lot of my friends smoke. They're often smelling badly and when they're smoking next to me I start coughing, specially because of that terrible smell. I've no trouble with some weeds, except for marijuana, which has a terrible smell. I like alcohol because of its taste, and it's the only "drug" I actually use.

#142 Kevingroetz

Kevingroetz
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

All are bad for you individually. And all three also can effect others. Smoking through second hand smoke. And alcohol and marijuana through poor decision making while intoxicated, ie driving.

#143 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

I do all three. And the point of doing them isn't to be healthy, its to have a little fun.

Who wants to be 90 anyways?

#144 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

But I don't want to be like a 90 year old man at 40 because of abuse.
Altgough almost everything can be somewhat harmless with moderation.

#145 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

Cigarettes, Alcohol, Weed (In order)

#146 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

Cigarettes i must say is the worse of all three, coming from a person who has been smoking since 6th grade (7 years ago). I will be honest a say i am dependent on cigarettes to get me through the day without getting cranky and moody. I think the second worse would have to be alcohol or alcohol could actually be tied with cigarettes at the number one spot simply because when you drink 99.9% of the time it will influence you to smoke cigarettes and weed. Plus people die everyday from drinking n driving, alcohol poisoning, and many other stupid incidents that are caused by drinking. And sure you can argue with me and say "Oh well people die from lung cancer every day" well atleast by the time they have lung cancer they would have lived their lives and not have died at the age of fucking 18-30 now thats just ridiculous. And as for weed, my love, she hasnt killed anybody nor has she offended anybody but the government because shes so damn easy to grow (if you're an expert like me) and they cant tax her not even for a dollar. I think another candidate should be added to this list of mischiefs, ecstasy. I dont think people understand how people are putting down the pipe these days just to get their hands on some pure MDMA but lets save that for the next person who wants to post a thread about drugs and other things parents tell you not to do :p

-- I support all 4 btw, live life to the fullest and get fucked up with the friends you love n trust (:

Edited by Microlight, 25 January 2011 - 11:40 AM.

#147 zevrom

zevrom
  • 411 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

Id have to say cigaretts :/

#148 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

i love them all ♥

#149 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

I do all three. And the point of doing them isn't to be healthy, its to have a little fun.

That's my philosophy as well.

#150 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

There's nothin wrong with weed. Why does everyone hate so much on people who get high?

Cigarettes are worse I'd say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users