Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

Stealing is stealing.

#27 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

Sorry I actually wasnt being real. Had no clue what she looked like, untill I just checked. But im sure youre right about the affection part :whistling:

I also knew that you where being sarcastic, and was being sarcastic in return.

/sigh

#28 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

I've worked retail for like two years, and the people who work in the store that you're shoplifting can get in trouble if it happens a lot, and I don't think it's right to steal at people working minimum wages' expense. Even disregarding that, I think that stealing is wrong, and the only possible way to justify it is if someone is stealing to survive.. and even that is iffy.

#29 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

This is officially ok because Disney says so

#30 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

This is officially ok because Disney says so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPMHbUTcUXE

Dude. Hes the charming rogue boy. Clearly hes an exception to the rule. You can steal if your hot and charming. Thats it.

#31 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

Dude. Hes the charming rogue boy. Clearly hes an exception to the rule. You can steal if your hot and charming. Thats it.

What if you can't afford to eat? That was the point that was supposed to be made.

#32 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:32 PM

What if you can't afford to eat? That was the point that was supposed to be made.

Guys, let's not be too hasty....

STILL I THINK HE'S RATHER TASTY

Edited by Boggart, 17 October 2010 - 05:32 PM.

#33 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

Shoplifting isn't cool.

#34 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

You think you're screwing the big corporation? You're wrong. You're screwing the little guy who has to clean up the mess you fucking make.

Eat shit and die, bitches!!!
Posted Image

That video just made me fucking sick... seriously
where the fuck do you find these gifs?

#35 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

That video just made me fucking sick...

Its not a video....????

#36 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

Its not a video....????

Video is the technology of electronically capturing, recording, processing, storing, transmitting, and reconstructing a sequence of still images representing scenes in motion.

Even though it is stored as an image file, it is a series of still images reconstructed to represent a scene in action... fitting the formal definition of what "video" is.

Now if you wanted to redefine video as a combination of video and audio, you would have a problem as you can't reference a word in its own definition :p

#37 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

I filmed it myself.

#38 DragonEx

DragonEx
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

Well, obviously it's good for the shoplifter, bad for the shop owner. And that's all good till you get caught. I won't deny shoplifting when I was younger :p

#39 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

So dont get it. Pretty sure youll look fine with a cheaper version. Maybe you cant find a cheaper one that is good and thats probably the reason the more expensive one is more expensive..cause it works. Doesnt that mean the 15 dollars for it is worth it in your eyes anyhow? You do choose to use it, just because the price isnt to your liking is a random reason.

I'm a spoiled brat, what can I say :D

Anyways, either way, i'm not gonna put the cheap crap on my face and if i do, it's probably gonna be stolen too.
I has no monies. Can't get a job, for those of you that remember that thread. If I do have money, it's from selling NPs and i'd just rather save that. :p

Another thing, i've said it time and time again, I have the worst morals ever. This doesn't make me feel bad...at all. I'm just a cold-hearted loser. :( My b.

Edited by oreo12, 17 October 2010 - 06:34 PM.

#40 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

Even though it is stored as an image file, it is a series of still images reconstructed to represent a scene in action... fitting the formal definition of what "video" is.

Now if you wanted to redefine video as a combination of video and audio, you would have a problem as you can't reference a word in its own definition :p

Amen. Thanks cody, jcr.
A smartass gets smartass-ed? LOL

but either way it's still disgusting.

edit; taste of his own medicine. Posted Image

Edited by Derriere, 17 October 2010 - 06:32 PM.

#41 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

I think it's wrong.
When I worked in retail, boy did a lot of people find creative ways to steal. You couldn't really chase the shoplifters though which sucks. One time a woman had a stroller, shoved a bunch of shirts in it and left. Stroller was empty lols, cept for the clothes!

#42 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

No. I'm going to define a video as not being an image file. Duh. Clearly since .gif is an image file format, and not a video format. Its not a video.

#43 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:41 PM

I don't think there really is any justification for shoplifting (unless you're Aladdin of course). I've shoplifted when I was a kid, but that was back when I was a dumb idiot.

#44 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:27 PM

Everyone of you has stolen something whenever you don't put forth your best effort. It's called "stealing time" and when you do it, you cost your business just as much as shoplifters do, without the taboo and stigma. When you surf Codex at your job instead of doing work, you're stealing wages for time you didn't work. When you take an extra time on your break and come back late, you're stealing time. When you slack off because you're getting paid by the hour instead of by whatever objective you're getting hired for, you're stealing. I just think it's worth pointing out that theft is relative and does not have to be tangible.

"A person shall be guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it."

So no, you're wrong. You aren't stealing.

#45 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:53 AM

I've worked retail for like two years, and the people who work in the store that you're shoplifting can get in trouble if it happens a lot, and I don't think it's right to steal at people working minimum wages' expense. Even disregarding that, I think that stealing is wrong, and the only possible way to justify it is if someone is stealing to survive.. and even that is iffy.

This.

As someone who works five hour shifts without a break folding clothes for 8 dollars an hour, especially when my manager ALWAYS thinks i'm best at greets and puts me in the front (where most of the stealing happens, where the alarms go off), when people like oreo12 come into my store and steal shit that's too expensive, I GET INTO SHIT.
If a store isn't making budget the hours of their employees get cut.

I've stolen a couple times before, and it's not so much the moral issue with stealing from a huge company rather then how it effects the employees, which is why I haven't stolen in a veryyy long time.

#46 Milodar

Milodar
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

Shoplifting is for badasses like me. :cool:

When I was a broke 14-16 year old with no money, and no job, I shoplifted like crazy. Most of my clothes I still have today are all products from my shoplifting way back when. It's pathetic though, it's almost like they ask you to shoplift at some stores. They make it ridiculously easy with things like poor camera placement, unsupervised dressing rooms, no detectors at the doors, and cashiers just not checking things thoroughly. I could just wear 1, 2, sometimes 3 shirts under the shirt I wore into the store, and walk right out. Or I could jam stuff in my pockets, or a small bag, or I could just buy some cheap thing that has a compartment and just stuff other things inside it.

Of course, now that I have money and I'm over my dumbfuck 'rebellious' phase, most of my retarded stuff has stopped, and that includes shoplifting. It's kind of a different story when you're 18 and you know a jail cell is waiting for you if you steal.

That being said, as Scot says, stealing time is still stealing, and I do that at my job... a lot.

Edited by ThePanfork, 18 October 2010 - 08:35 AM.

#47 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

Maybe I hate all the employees at this Wal-Mart anyways. :whistling:

Maybe they deserve to suffer.

#48 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

I personally work at walmart and find shit tons of stolen goods. And that's only a fraction of the store I work in and a fraction of things stolen since most people don't leave the wrappers. Just this week some prick stole three T.V's. These assholes literally cost thousands of fucking dollars. Know why that hurts me? We have this lovely thing called "my share". Depending on how much profit my store has, I see a percentage of it. They'll literally hand out an extra 300$ check to every employee as a bonus every three months. But it's people who think they are apparently above everyone else who forks over five dollars for thier soda and candy that makes that check dwindle. Checks that would be going to hard working men and women who use it to feed their families. Even if it's not a big item like a T.V. Say everyone who comes into the store is like you, and thinks "15$ is too much" and steals that item. Say we have 100 people who steal it. That's 1,500$. That's more than I make in a month.

I seriously don't understand the mentality of people who not only steal but then try and justify it.

I loose serious amounts of respect for anyone who steals. It's cowardly, it's inconsiderate and it's narcissistic.

#49 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:06 AM

I seriously don't understand the mentality of people who not only steal but then try and justify it.

I loose serious amounts of respect for anyone who steals. It's cowardly, it's inconsiderate and it's narcissistic.

I was never trying to justify it, I know it's wrong.

How is it cowardly?

#50 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:13 AM

I was never trying to justify it, I know it's wrong.

How is it cowardly?

I never said you. Although you did claim "the lines are too long", "it's too expensive", "people who work at walmart should suffer"

It's cowardly because you don't want to have go threw the means of getting a job, putting forth effort, and actually taking responsibility. You're a coward because you take the easy way out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users