Photo

[Chapter 12] The Plain of Peace

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 phr0sty

phr0sty
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

Add your guides to each of the sections of the group challenge here.

I'll start:

For Stabilization, if you have a DOM inspector, like Firebug, for example, if you inspect the Orb, it will show you a classname that is attached to it. This classname tells you exactly what actions you need to perform.
Ex: taskCoreImage233 => use green, use large, and use black.

hope that helps.

Edit by noit:
JS Helpers: http://www.neocodex....ost__p__1364924

It really depend on if your team mates are good. So go to the plot board (http://www.neopets.c...t.phtml?board=7) and say what you are doing and that you are looking for others.

ABOUT PUZZLE AND GROUP PART
Errand Spelling
Posted Image
Decipher one spell and complete at least one of the four group activities. ( Containment, Guidance, Stabilization and Supression )

Jack of All Stations
Posted Image
Successfully complete all four stations. ( Containment, Guidance, Stabilization and Supression )

Cast Away!
Posted Image
Click here: http://www.neopets.c...fr/ritual.phtml
Then click here: http://www.neopets.com/faerieland/tfr/

Edited by Noitidart, 24 November 2010 - 02:23 PM.

#2 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

I like this pp: http://www.neopets.com/~amavale

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:05 PM

For Containment, ignore what TDN/any other guide says about using the first 2 hands if the core is already green since it makes those hands inactive for the next round. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

#4 mtp

mtp
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

i find it best for containment: if it is below 55, put a hand on it. try to keep fields in 60-70s range. BECAUSE: its more likely to decrease than increase so keeping them a little on the higher side should be ideal. this also cuts back on 'rupturing' status due to random decreases.

#5 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

Try my codes for this stuff.

I made js scripts for all of the games. Just copy paste this into the url bar. Then hit enter every round.

Decipher:
javascript:var docheck=function(){var main=document.getElementsByClassName('pageTitleSymbol');var symbol;var symArr=[];for(var i=0;i<main.length;i++){symbol=/pageTitleSymbolOff(\d+)/.exec(main[i].className)[1];symArr.push([main[i],document.getElementsByClassName('paraSymbol'+symbol).length])}symArr.sort(function(a,b){return a[1]>b[1]});var mevt=document.createEvent("MouseEvents");mevt.initMouseEvent("click",true,true,window,0,0,0,0,0,false,false,false,false,0,null);setTimeout(function(){symArr[0][0].dispatchEvent(mevt)},300);setTimeout(function(){symArr[1][0].dispatchEvent(mevt)},600);setTimeout(function(){symArr[2][0].dispatchEvent(mevt)},900)};docheck();void(0);

Stabilization:
javascript:var docheck=function(){var order=document.getElementById('taskCoreImage').className.replace('taskCoreImage','').split('');var mevt=document.createEvent("MouseEvents");mevt.initMouseEvent("click",true,true,window,0,0,0,0,0,false,false,false,false,0,null);setTimeout(function(){document.getElementById('taskCoreActClick'+order[0]).dispatchEvent(mevt)},300);setTimeout(function(){document.getElementById('taskCoreActClick'+(parseInt(order[1])+3)).dispatchEvent(mevt)},600);setTimeout(function(){document.getElementById('taskCoreActClick'+(parseInt(order[2])+6)).dispatchEvent(mevt)},900);setTimeout(function(){document.getElementById('taskSubmitButton').click()},1200)};docheck();void(0);

Guidance:
javascript:var clickLimbs=function(LAStr,RAStr,LLStr,RLStr){var mevt=document.createEvent("MouseEvents");mevt.initMouseEvent("click",true,true,window,0,0,0,0,0,false,false,false,false,0,null);var LAEl='taskLimb_0_'+LAStr;var RAEl='taskLimb_1_'+RAStr;var LLEl='taskLimb_2_'+LLStr;var RLEl='taskLimb_3_'+RLStr;setTimeout(function(){document.getElementById(LAEl).dispatchEvent(mevt)},300);setTimeout(function(){document.getElementById(RAEl).dispatchEvent(mevt)},600);setTimeout(function(){document.getElementById(LLEl).dispatchEvent(mevt)},900);setTimeout(function(){document.getElementById(RLEl).dispatchEvent(mevt)},1200);setTimeout(function(){document.getElementById('taskSubmitButton').click()},1500)};var docheck=function(){var arrow=document.getElementById('taskDistArrow').className.replace('taskDistArrow','').split('');var dir=parseInt(arrow[0]);var size=arrow[1];switch(size){case's':switch(dir){case 1:clickLimbs(2,1,3,3);break;case 2:clickLimbs(2,1,3,3);break;case 3:clickLimbs(1,1,3,3);break;case 4:clickLimbs(1,2,3,3);break;case 5:clickLimbs(1,2,3,3);break;default:alert('error cannot determine dir')}break;case'm':switch(dir){case 1:clickLimbs(3,1,3,2);break;case 2:clickLimbs(3,1,2,2);break;case 3:clickLimbs(1,1,3,3);break;case 4:clickLimbs(1,3,2,2);break;case 5:clickLimbs(1,3,2,3);break;default:alert('error cannot determine dir')}break;case'l':switch(dir){case 1:clickLimbs(3,1,3,2);break;case 2:clickLimbs(3,1,2,2);break;case 3:clickLimbs(1,1,3,3);break;case 4:clickLimbs(1,3,2,2);break;case 5:clickLimbs(1,3,2,3);break;default:alert('error cannot determine dir')}break;default:alert('error cannot identify size')}};docheck();void(0);

For guidance towards the end you might have to adjust the arms strength to get it to the center. But you don't have to, I only needed to once.

Containment UPDATED:
javascript:var finalChoice=[];var usedElN=[];var chooseAndPush=function(pos,percent){var el;var elN=[];var handRow={0:1,1:1,2:2,3:2,4:3,5:3,6:4,7:4,8:5,9:5,10:6,11:6};if(percent<=38){elN=[7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0]}else if(percent<=42){elN=[5,4,3,2,7,6,1,0]}else if(percent<=47){elN=[3,2,1,0,5,4]}else if(percent<=55){elN=[1,0,3,2,5,4]}else if(percent>=77){elN=[11,10,9,8]}else if(percent>=71&&percent<=76){elN=[8,9,10,11]};for(var i=0;i<elN.length;i++){el=document.getElementById('taskContSpellClick'+elN[i]);if(el.style.display!='none'&&usedElN.indexOf(elN[i])==-1){usedElN.push(elN[i]);finalChoice.push([el,handRow[elN[i]],pos,percent]);return true}}};var biggerOnSmallerSameRange=function(){var percentCutOff=55;var elHolder;var handRowHolder;var finalChoiceOrigStr='ORIG('+finalChoice.length+'):\n'+finalChoice.join('\n');var red=false;for(var i=0;i<finalChoice.length-1;i++){if(finalChoice[i][3]<=percentCutOff&&finalChoice[i+1][3]<=percentCutOff&&finalChoice[i][3]!=finalChoice[i+1][3]){if(finalChoice[i][1]<finalChoice[i+1][1]){finalChoiceOrigStr+='\n+this percent is LESS then next percent BUT this hand row is LESS powerful then next hand row\n'+finalChoice[i]+'\n'+finalChoice[i+1]+'\n\n\nWILL RESTART SORTFIX';elHolder=finalChoice[i][0];handRowHolder=finalChoice[i][1];finalChoice[i][0]=finalChoice[i+1][0];finalChoice[i][1]=finalChoice[i+1][1];finalChoice[i+1][0]=elHolder;finalChoice[i+1][1]=handRowHolder;i=-1;continue}}else{break}}if(red){alert(finalChoiceOrigStr+'\n\nNEW('+finalChoice.length+'):\n'+finalChoice.join('\n'))}};var clickFinals=function(){var mevt=document.createEvent("MouseEvents");mevt.initMouseEvent("click",true,true,window,0,0,0,0,0,false,false,false,false,0,null);var time=100;for(var i=0;i<finalChoice.length;i++){setTimeout(function(THEI,MOUSEEVENT){return function(){finalChoice[THEI][0].dispatchEvent(MOUSEEVENT)}}(i,mevt),time);time+=100;setTimeout(function(THEI){return function(){document.getElementById('taskContSectorClick'+finalChoice[THEI][2]).dispatchEvent(mevt)}}(i),time);time+=100}setTimeout(function(){if(!document.getElementById('taskSubmitButton').disabled){document.getElementById('taskSubmitButton').click()}},time)};var docheck=function(){var c=[];var p;var taskArr=[];for(var i=0;i<6;i++){p=parseInt(document.getElementById('taskContSectorLabel'+i).getElementsByTagName('span')[0].innerHTML);taskArr.push([i,p])};taskArr.sort(function(a,b){return a[1]>b[1]});chooseAndPush(taskArr[0][0],taskArr[0][1]);chooseAndPush(taskArr[1][0],taskArr[1][1]);chooseAndPush(taskArr[2][0],taskArr[2][1]);chooseAndPush(taskArr[3][0],taskArr[3][1]);chooseAndPush(taskArr[4][0],taskArr[4][1]);chooseAndPush(taskArr[5][0],taskArr[5][1]);biggerOnSmallerSameRange();clickFinals()};docheck();void(0);
CONTAINMENT UPDATED

Supressing is too easy and obvious i didnt bother with that.

#6 vrtx

vrtx
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:08 PM

Those are pretty awesome. Definitely got me the last 2 stations with it.. Can they find out if you've used something like this though?

#7 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

whoa! those are awesome noit!
too bad they cant fix having a crappy team <_<

#8 vrtx

vrtx
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:13 PM

Definitely makes it easier though. If all you've got left is containment =p

#9 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

containment script not workin for me :S

#10 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

Thanks guys! :)
It should work what browser are you using?

Definitely makes it easier though. If all you've got left is containment =p

How did you like guide and stabilize?

Those are pretty awesome. Definitely got me the last 2 stations with it.. Can they find out if you've used something like this though?

I really don't think so. Its not making an executions. Just clicking.

haha thanks man. yeah you have to go to the boards and request a good team. if you do random groups it might be hopeless. :(

#11 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

it just seems to choose the wrong ones allmost, sometimes works sometimes ruptures

#12 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

That's real weird I haven't lost using that.

#13 phr0sty

phr0sty
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

for those who don't want to stare at Xandra's spellbooks for deciphering, i made a bookmarklet for you guys as well:

javascript:(function(){var s=document.createElement('script');s.setAttribute('src','http://ajax.googleapis. com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.js');if(typeof jQuery!='undefined'){var msg='This page already using jQuery v'+jQuery.fn.jquery;}else{document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(s); var msg='This page is now jQuerified';}var el=document.createElement('div');el.style.position='fixed';el.style.height=' 30';el.style.width='200';el.style.margin='0 auto 0 auto';el.id='jq-kswedberg';el.style.top='0';el.style.left='40%' ;el.style.padding='5px 10px 5px 10px';el.style.backgroundColor='#f99';el.innerHTML=msg;var b=document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0];b.appendChild(el);window.setTimeout(function(){jQuery(' #jq-kswedberg').fadeOut('slow',function(){jQuery(this).remove();});$body=$ (".pageBody");$(".pageTitleSymbol").each(function(i){var $this=$(this);var instances=$("."+($(this).attr("class").split(" ")[2]).replace("pageTitleSymbolOff","paraSymbol")).length;if(instances< 10){$this.click();}});},2500);})();

(in this bookmarklet, i'm using jQuery, so it will load that in as well. it's cool though, cuz u want a bit of a delay anyway).

Edit: sorry Noit. didn't see that you made a script for that as well. o well, no harm in having two :)

Edited by Ch4osDr4gon, 21 November 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#14 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

No sweat bro. Laser has a gm script too.

#15 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

Try my codes for this stuff.

Containment is the only thing I need left, and if this script gets me it, I will seriously throw a party.

#16 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:33 PM

Haha let me know please how it goes. G is the only one to report issues with it so far.

#17 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

it just seems to choose the wrong ones allmost, sometimes works sometimes ruptures

I almost wonder if it doesn't need to keep them above the 55 range or something, it seems to go from contained to rupturing in a heartbeat.

#18 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

I almost wonder if it doesn't need to keep them above the 55 range or something, it seems to go from contained to rupturing in a heartbeat.

Oh you had same issue?

#19 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:47 PM

Oh you had same issue?

Yeah.

I think it needs to still mess with them if they're under 55, seems like they just dip a little too low and you lose it.

#20 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:55 PM

I just tested on a different computer and it went fine. Are you getting zapped?
So you want me to increase the range and make it use the pointy finger for <= 55

Currently it looks like this:
	if (percent <= 35)	{
		elN = [7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0]; //this tries using hand from 4th row down then 3rd then 2nd then 1st (range 0-35 percent)
	} else if (percent <= 42)	{
		elN = [5,4,3,2,1,0]; //this tries using hand from 3rd then 2nd then 1st (range 36-42 percent)
	} else if (percent <= 46)	{
		elN = [3,2,1,0]; //this tries using hand from 2nd then 1st (range 42-46 percent)
	} else if (percent <= 49)	{
		elN = [1,0]; //this tries using hand from 1st (range 47-49 percent)
	} else if (percent >= 76)	{ //this tries to use hand from 6th row first then 5th row (range 76-100%);
		elN = [11,10,9,8];
	} else if (percent >= 70 && percent <= 75)	{ //this tries to use hand from 5th row (range 70-75)
		elN = [8,9,10,11];
	};

So what do you recommnd I change it to? I havent lost any with above settings.
But maybe you want this:
	if (percent <= 38)	{
		elN = [7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0]; //this tries using hand from 4th row down then 3rd then 2nd then 1st (range 0-35 percent)
	} else if (percent <= 42)	{
		elN = [5,4,3,2,7,6,1,0]; //this tries using hand from 3rd then 2nd then 1st (range 36-42 percent)
	} else if (percent <= 47)	{
		elN = [3,2,1,0,5,4]; //this tries using hand from 2nd then 1st (range 42-47 percent)
	} else if (percent <= 55)	{
		elN = [1,0,3,2,5,4]; //this tries using hand from 1st (range 48-55 percent)
	} else if (percent >= 77)	{ //this tries to use hand from 6th row first then 5th row (range 76-100%);
		elN = [11,10,9,8];
	} else if (percent >= 71 && percent <= 76)	{ //this tries to use hand from 5th row (range 70-75)
		elN = [8,9,10,11];
	};

#21 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:57 PM

Achievement Earned!
You have earned an achievement for completing a hidden task!

Jack of All Stations

Head on over to your Fearless Deeds to admire your greatness.

^
Soooooo happy to get this, omg.

#22 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:59 PM

Congrats! :) Did the script help? :D

#23 panzerwraith

panzerwraith
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:46 AM

Noit - you are officially the greatest person in the world. Thank you SO much. I was struggling a bit with Containment and now I've sorted it, and got the Jack of... achievement :x3:

#24 vrtx

vrtx
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:52 AM

Noit - you are officially the greatest person in the world. Thank you SO much. I was struggling a bit with Containment and now I've sorted it, and got the Jack of... achievement :x3:

Noit. Yes, your other scripts were perfect as well. Everything was smooth and your guiding script made us win in under 10 rounds lol.

Do you guys know whether it's worth doing these things again? Do they give points for completing the tasks even after you've gotten the achievement?

#25 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:40 AM

Woohoo. Anyways I was like no my thing has to work so I looked at containment and gave it a better priority array. I updated the containment script. :)

Same original post: http://www.neocodex....ost__p__1364924

The new containment script uses this new method. Try it out vrtx and panzer you can feel the difference. :)

I don't know if its worth more but helping people on the neoboards makes you look more legit.
I'm helping them because they all need a containter so bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users