What percent of neopets users cheat?

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#51 Larry008

Larry008
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:25 AM

i guess 37%
many of the millions of accounts aren't even active. many were just created and forgotten.

#52 Hurricane

Hurricane
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

Since when did you become the arbiter of worthy posts?
I think you're just upset that someone didn't accept your opinion as fact from the off, and, in fact, showed you up to be a little bit of an idiot.

I mean, after all, if we're on the topic of useless posts, nearly everything you've said in this topic has been utter nonsense. I'm not sure you can get any more useless than that, although it has provided me with some entertainment.

Well once again you'd be wrong. The reason I got "upset" is because somebody, who's supposed to be a respected member of the community, choose to not prove me wrong with the correct statistics, someone like Georgina for instance, but instead chose to bash my sentence structure of all things then call me an idiot. Since when did you become the arbiter of who's an idiot? I think YOU'RE upset that somebody is just calling you out on your condescending ass and you've got nothing to rebut with but smart ass remarks. :noway:

#53 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:01 PM

I don't think Sweeney particularly cares about coming off as an ass, js.

But, I think we've all moved off topic, so back to the original, shall weee?

#54 Sockoo

Sockoo
  • 506 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

"little" cheats like use more than 1 main i think 80%
"big" cheats like AB, SS etc 10%

Edited by Sockoo, 06 December 2010 - 09:42 AM.

#55 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:49 AM

Poisonous, huh? Indeed it's something new everyday.
At least we're better off than dogs though. They'll kick the buckets if you feed them a fistful of chocolate. --> http://www.dogowners...poisoning.shtml

On the plus side, they never have to break up. :p

#56 Sockoo

Sockoo
  • 506 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

Poisonous, huh? Indeed it's something new everyday.
At least we're better off than dogs though. They'll kick the buckets if you feed them a fistful of chocolate. --> http://www.dogowners...poisoning.shtml

On the plus side, they never have to break up. :p

i think that you posted in a wrong topic O.O
but i knew that ^^

#57 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:59 AM

i think that you posted in a wrong topic O.O
but i knew that ^^

Eeeps @_@
Wrong window asfgklhasl. Think I better hit the sack. Sorry. x_x

#58 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

I think anyone who battles/trains their pet is pretty much inclined to cheat because there's just no way to earn the amount of money to train and build a set without cheating.

Idk. i see users like monophyte and just laugh, because I feel like their account is just a ticking timebomb to get frozen.
Like, their gallery alone is just beyond ridiculous and you know it can't even pretend to be legitimate.

I made an very decent BD set (60 million np) with completely legit rsing on the shop 2 (rsing mostly Morphing potions) on my summer vacations.
(only legit rsers or semi-manual rsers can rs in that shop for long time and don't get iced)
Of course now I dont think i'll ever do it again because time is an scarce and very valuable resource.

I think that every older player (with at least 3 years spent in neopets) has cheated at least once.
And 70% of users with full trades (selling over 10 million on rsed items) all over the year are abers (25% are legit reselers, and 5% legit succesful rsers xD)
You can be a succesful legit rser if you hve free time, but if it's at every time of the year... it can only be ilegit playing.

#59 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:39 AM

Well once again you'd be wrong. The reason I got "upset" is because somebody, who's supposed to be a respected member of the community, choose to not prove me wrong with the correct statistics, someone like Georgina for instance, but instead chose to bash my sentence structure of all things then call me an idiot. Since when did you become the arbiter of who's an idiot? I think YOU'RE upset that somebody is just calling you out on your condescending ass and you've got nothing to rebut with but smart ass remarks. :noway:

I wasn't "bashing" your sentence structure at all. I was pointing out that your sentence did not make sense because of what you actually said, not because of an obscure grammatical quirk.
Perhaps you may wish to work on your reading and comprehension skills before you post more nonsense with such an air of authority.

And for the record, I've always been the arbiter of idiocy. You're not special, don't worry.

#60 Gambit

Gambit
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

I don't see why anybody over the age of thirteen would not cheat. I mean there isn't anything else to gain except taking pride of which that you did everything legitimately. And only then will you get praise from yourself and only yourself.

Edited by Gambit, 06 December 2010 - 02:21 PM.

#61 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:35 PM

I don't see why anybody over the age of thirteen would not cheat. I mean there isn't anything else to gain except taking pride of which that you did everything legitimately. And only then will you get praise from yourself and only yourself.

Fear from getting iced. An special concept from ethics.
Or maybe they just like legit rsing for passing the time and their goal isn't becoming insanely rich on neopets, just playing for fun.

#62 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

Fear from getting iced. An special concept from ethics.
Or maybe they just like legit rsing for passing the time and their goal isn't becoming insanely rich on neopets, just playing for fun.

Ethics? On a gaming site? Ha, my ass :)

Being rich on neopoets=fun so there's not reason NOT to cheat

#63 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

Ethics? On a gaming site? Ha, my ass :)

Being rich on neopoets=fun so there's not reason NOT to cheat

Yes, it may sound strange for you that poeple could have be ethics on a gaming site, but some people do.
Just like in life each person has it's own goals, averyone can have different reasons to play a game.
Some people only get fun from winning. Other people enjoy just the fact of participating.

#64 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

Yes, it may sound strange for you that poeple could have be ethics on a gaming site, but some people do.
Just like in life each person has it's own goals, averyone can have different reasons to play a game.
Some people only get fun from winning. Other people enjoy just the fact of participating.

I AGREE! There is no more fun in neopets for me anymore...All I ever do now is check out many items i've rs'ed.

or it could be that i've matured....anywho way back when i was a kid i'd wake up all stoked for the advent calendar and the few games of meerca chase ( 2002)

#65 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

I think more then 50 but less then 60 soo inbetween that is my answer

#66 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:07 AM

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!

#67 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:29 AM

Lol
Seeing that these boards are filled with random posts made in a desperate attempt to garner posts..........
Don't see why we must be so serious...
Quality sentence structure is overrated...

#68 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

I'm sure the only ones who haven't cheated are the ones who haven't discovered ways to as yet. I went years being legit and "good" and have nothing to show for it because every time I wanted something nice, the ABs would have wiped it from the store and were selling it for really high prices. There's no use not being a cheater in a world of cheaters =\

#69 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

A lot of typically very TOS-obedient people admit to cheating happily in the past, but clutch their pearls in horror should someone mention getting a friend to play a Daily Dare game or whatever. I think a lot of self-proclaimed legit players have broken TOS and may still be doing so - even if it's not to the same degree as AB and SS users are cheating.

#70 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

A lot of typically very TOS-obedient people admit to cheating happily in the past, but clutch their pearls in horror should someone mention getting a friend to play a Daily Dare game or whatever. I think a lot of self-proclaimed legit players have broken TOS and may still be doing so - even if it's not to the same degree as AB and SS users are cheating.

Totally agree -_-

#71 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

There are millions of players signed up who play neopets... but only a small percentage of them are actually *active* players..... Out of the *active* players... like say the ones who've been around for a year or more and know how to play, there is no doubt in my mind that most of them cheated in some small way that is against the neopets ToS like doing dailies on more than one account, etc. However, I think <10% of the active players actually cheat with 3rd party programs. Depends... Probably over 70% of people on the BD Chat/ AC Chat use score senders/autobuyers xP

#72 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Yeah, I think the degree of cheating also depends on what sort of neopets-related circles they're in. Battledomers and AC seem to cheat the most - but that kind of makes sense, given how expensive those things are. Many legit players can't really get into such activities because of the cost-related barrier to entry.

#73 Fultoa

Fultoa
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

About 99% of the AC and 80% of the whole community.

#74 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:06 AM

If your fellow neopian is rich... chances are, they AB. :)

#75 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:10 AM

It is quite easy to spot Aber. Search for bag of peanuts or expensive faerie dolls. You see a surprising number of new accounts having rare items.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users