Photo

The Iron Thread

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#126 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

Well saturated fats are needed for the production of newer cells. Its best to keep your fats as unsaturated, but having about 1/4th to 1/5th of the fats unsaturated.
Yeah sports tend to really work their way into your routines. I wud suggest a split that allows you to workout in between games and practises.
SLEEP EARLY!

Impossible to sleep early these days given all the entertainment and stuff that happens only at night time :(

#127 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:24 PM

Split Squats ;)
Gotta super set em with exercises that don't use weight though! Try it!

Thats already in my training regimen, I usually do those in my circuit training at Daddis gym -_- they arent so bad until about the 6th set after everything else:crybaby:

#128 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

Thats already in my training regimen, I usually do those in my circuit training at Daddis gym -_- they arent so bad until about the 6th set after everything else:crybaby:

What types of super sets do you do..
ever heard of the 21 set one for bicep curls?

#129 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:11 AM

Yeah :p I do them normally after normal squats and lunges :crybaby: they kill, makes my balance really good though lol

Ooh yeah, 21's! 7 reps half way up, 7 all the way up from mid way, and 7 full reps. Haven't done em in a looong time though. I normally only have to do one small arm workout on the weekend. My back/shoulders/chest day normally works my arms pretty good lol

#130 Ment0r

Ment0r
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:08 AM

According to WhatPulse, my average day consists of 45,000 keystrokes, and moving the mouse about 1/3 of a mile.

Does this count as a workout?

#131 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:28 AM

According to WhatPulse, my average day consists of 45,000 keystrokes, and moving the mouse about 1/3 of a mile.

Does this count as a workout?

I get more of a workout in 20 minutes with my left hand :rolleyes:

Anyone have any tips to warm up shoulders/rotary cuff in particular, before a chest workout? Besides the normal stretching/circular motions with light weight. I want to try going heavy today (in less then 30 minutes so speedy responses are welcome) but I don't want to cause further injury. Thanks!

#132 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

I dont do biceps intentionally. No need to. I plan on playing football next year and all that will do is mess cardio. The only times I actually do biceps are probably when I do my backs days from when I do upperback movement. 21s are stupid in my opinion, nobody I know even do that anymore and i work out basically at a meathead/bodybuilder/powerlifting gym.

I get more of a workout in 20 minutes with my left hand :rolleyes:

Anyone have any tips to warm up shoulders/rotary cuff in particular, before a chest workout? Besides the normal stretching/circular motions with light weight. I want to try going heavy today (in less then 30 minutes so speedy responses are welcome) but I don't want to cause further injury. Thanks!

There is really no easy way to help you there I think. From what my friend tells me who is a physical therapist the best way to help it is what u said, but maybe instead of light weight try using a resistance band. If your benching and your should hurts try to not go as wide when you bench, and keep good form. I know what you mean I actually hurt my shoulder, and my brother actually serisouly hurt both his AC joints from football and his has no issues by closing the grip of the bench just a ltitle bit

Edited by dk8932, 15 December 2010 - 01:14 PM.

#133 Calayst

Calayst
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

A 30-minute jog a day is I think a good workout for beginners. :lookaround:

#134 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

Anyone know of any body weight lower back exercises (or something I can improvise at home. deadlifting bed didn't go well. I did fill a laundry hamper with text books and overhead press it though. and curl 4L of milk :p (which comes in jugs in vancouver for some strange reason))

Any ideas besides superman exercise?

#135 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

Hobo I dont put much weight on lower back. I hear its dangerous. So I just get on one of those angled things where you slip your feet in and stand at a 45 degree angle. Then i just not swing but move my body 15 times. Heaviest I go is holding a 25lb plate. Lower back needs to be taken care of very carefully so when you get older it doesn't cause problems.

#136 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

Anyone know of any body weight lower back exercises (or something I can improvise at home. deadlifting bed didn't go well. I did fill a laundry hamper with text books and overhead press it though. and curl 4L of milk :p (which comes in jugs in vancouver for some strange reason))

Any ideas besides superman exercise?

Do you have a lower back problem?

Hobo I dont put much weight on lower back. I hear its dangerous. So I just get on one of those angled things where you slip your feet in and stand at a 45 degree angle. Then i just not swing but move my body 15 times. Heaviest I go is holding a 25lb plate. Lower back needs to be taken care of very carefully so when you get older it doesn't cause problems.

Eh you can put weight on ur lower back -_- if your lower backs hurting trry to strengthen your core muscles.

#137 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

Yeah :p I do them normally after normal squats and lunges :crybaby: they kill, makes my balance really good though lol

Ooh yeah, 21's! 7 reps half way up, 7 all the way up from mid way, and 7 full reps. Haven't done em in a looong time though. I normally only have to do one small arm workout on the weekend. My back/shoulders/chest day normally works my arms pretty good lol

Yea those ones!
They can be pretty demanding when you do 4 sets of them after a full arm workout, I usually use the bar for that one..
And yea I like to do isolation on somedays.

#138 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

hey guys, i've been working out seriously since september. im thinking of taking supplements, any recommendations. i bought 100 dollars worth of popeyes dollars (suplement store), what are you views on celltech.

also, its close for me to change my routine. any opinions. im on volume training for 3 more weeks, then strength training,

#139 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

hey guys, i've been working out seriously since september. im thinking of taking supplements, any recommendations. i bought 100 dollars worth of popeyes dollars (suplement store), what are you views on celltech.

also, its close for me to change my routine. any opinions. im on volume training for 3 more weeks, then strength training,

Strength training should probably come before volume training next time.
For supplements, I'd start with a post-workout whey protein. This is extremely important. Optimum Nutrition has great whey in their Gold Standard or Platinum Hydro Whey.
A pre-bed casein protein shake will really help as well.

If you're gonna do it right, you can take creatine and you'll probably notice results.

#140 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

Do you have a lower back problem?

Eh you can put weight on ur lower back -_- if your lower backs hurting trry to strengthen your core muscles.

No it's just the only part of me that I can't figure out how to work out

Why would you buy 100 popeyes dollars?

I'd say whey protein. Maybe zma (good chance zma is useless though). Nothing else is needed. Maybe creatine. And maybe casien protein but I'd say just eat an egg and drink a glass of milk when you wake up/go to bed. Use dat dere celltech if you work out for 3 solid years and aren't happy with where you peaked

Well working out your lower back is important. Deadlifts used to do it for me but not so much now so I need a substitute. Buying one of those things (I know which you're talking about but the name escapes me) would undermine my desire to spend 0$

#141 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

Strength training should probably come before volume training next time.
For supplements, I'd start with a post-workout whey protein. This is extremely important. Optimum Nutrition has great whey in their Gold Standard or Platinum Hydro Whey.
A pre-bed casein protein shake will really help as well.

If you're gonna do it right, you can take creatine and you'll probably notice results.

shoot, i guess i've been doing it wrong. i drink a big glass a milk before bed, it has casein/protein mix.

creatine makes fake muscle i heard

No it's just the only part of me that I can't figure out how to work out

Why would you buy 100 popeyes dollars?

I'd say whey protein. Maybe zma (good chance zma is useless though). Nothing else is needed. Maybe creatine. And maybe casien protein but I'd say just eat an egg and drink a glass of milk when you wake up/go to bed. Use dat dere celltech if you work out for 3 solid years and aren't happy with where you peaked

Well working out your lower back is important. Deadlifts used to do it for me but not so much now so I need a substitute. Buying one of those things (I know which you're talking about but the name escapes me) would undermine my desire to spend 0$

i bought 100 popeyes dollars for 50 dollars :D i heard zma is just about useless. i drink raw eggs. dat dere celltech, thinking this summer

#142 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

shoot, i guess i've been doing it wrong. i drink a big glass a milk before bed, it has casein/protein mix.

i bought 100 popeyes dollars for 50 dollars :D i heard zma is just about useless. i drink raw eggs. dat dere celltech, thinking this summer

Eh, it can bloat your muscles. Everyone feels differently about it.

#143 Arshark

Arshark
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

I don't work out :( I should though, I personally would look great :D

#144 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

I don't work out :( I should though, I personally would look great :D

Easy to say ;)

#145 Arshark

Arshark
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

Lol, very easy to say :D
But I just don't know how to tackle a regime :(

I plan my days out, try and eat properly for a while. But I always end up eating a Mars Bar... I'm weak :p

#146 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

I've read that zma is useless but when taking it I noticed an improvement. Why would you drink raw eggs

#147 Arshark

Arshark
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:44 PM

Raw eggs are pure protein aren't they?
Muscle is made of it :)

#148 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:49 PM

Raw eggs are pure protein aren't they?
Muscle is made of it :)

i eat about 5-8 a day sometimes with sardines, sometimes alone, sometimes with milk or protein

I've read that zma is useless but when taking it I noticed an improvement. Why would you drink raw eggs

what type of improvement? i heard it gives wild dreams

#149 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

what type of improvement? i heard it gives wild dreams

I was noticeably stronger, when I stopped taking it my lifts went down by 10 pounds or so

#150 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

I was noticeably stronger, when I stopped taking it my lifts went down by 10 pounds or so

probably the test lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users