Photo

Serious Chat About The Merge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

#26 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:30 PM

We SHOULD give them a shot... I also doubt that they will want to merge now that you guys have called them untrustworthy... :p

View Post

Read, people, READ!! This isn't something we can back out of! How can we give them a shot and what if it doesn't turn out good? Their admin is our admin! This is why a sister site partnership would be way better.
And unless someone is telling them on MSN, I don't think they are here listening.

#27 SiLeNTScReAM

SiLeNTScReAM
  • 1200 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:31 PM

Sorry about my sudden burst of anger, but I do believe something corrupt has been going on here at codex, it is aggrivating me. This should NOT be run like a dictatorship.

Edited by 5941219, 16 September 2004 - 04:31 PM.

#28 SteWieH

SteWieH
  • 3423 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:31 PM

guys guys guys I know I'm staff and should be doign the yea lets do this. Everyti'me I have a word in or I am the minority then someti'mes(ok most of the ti'me) I am honestly correct. Hydro, Wu, Sl AND Noit. I think ALL of you are wrong. I

#29 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:32 PM

Read, people, READ!! This isn't something we can back out of! How can we give them a shot and what if it doesn't turn out good? Their admin is our admin! This is why a sister site partnership would be way better.
And unless someone is telling them on MSN, I don't think they are here listening.

View Post

they check up on it...and I can almost guarentee you that nothing will go wrong so long as you and I trust them...u arent doing that right now...if u think they will mess up then u will look for things where they messed up and make a big deal about it....it will work out...I can guarentee it...you just have to trust them

#30 favredriver

favredriver
  • 932 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:32 PM

hydro can I please talk to you privately someway

#31 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:33 PM

they check up on it...and I can almost guarentee you that nothing will go wrong so long as you and I trust them...u arent doing that right now...if u think they will mess up then u will look for things where they messed up and make a big deal about it....it will work out...I can guarentee it...you just have to trust them

View Post

I have no reason to trust them.

#32 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

It is hard to be calm for us and admins when people are protesting about something that hasn't happened yet...  Also Wu- I don't know... I doubt that they would shut us out of the board for no reason... they seem cool to me.

#33 Smeags

Smeags
  • 177 posts

Gri'm whats your stance on this exactly?

You disagree with WU and Hydro who disagree with eachother =/. And I think you hit enter too early =P.

#34 SteWieH

SteWieH
  • 3423 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:34 PM

guys guys guys I know I'm staff and should be doign the yea lets do this. Everyti'me I have a word in or I am the minority then someti'mes(ok most of the ti'me) I am honestly correct. Hydro, Wu, Sl AND Noit. I think ALL of you are wrong. I seen it happen before and it rips the people apart.because of reason and colicts. example Codex TEMP merged with digibliss. well look at what happened. Yea I know MAJOR suckage. I honestly think we should sit here and at LEAST disbecauses  the issue. Everyone YOU knwo where to find me. peace Out until later

#35 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:35 PM

It is hard to be calm for us and admins when people are protesting about something that hasn't happened yet...  Also Wu- I don't know... I doubt that they would shut us out of the board for no reason... they seem cool to me.

View Post

A merge isn't something you can protest after it's done. And I'm not saying they would shut us out of the board.

#36 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

I have no reason to trust them.

View Post

If you can't trust the judgement of the other three adminss man, who on this site can you trust?

Edited by pyke, 16 September 2004 - 04:36 PM.

#37 LiTtLeHaCkEr11

LiTtLeHaCkEr11
  • 564 posts

Well we can't really stop the admins can we? I think it's up to them, besides it's thier board right? Well this it what I think. :p O yea cheer up everyone ;)

#38 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:36 PM

hydro can I please talk to you privately someway

View Post

I'm on linux...ull have to PM me as amsn isnt working right now :p

#39 towkay

towkay
  • 445 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:37 PM

I haven't heard of neofreaks at all till this notice so I wonder how much trafiics can you add to this merger? But I feel that with new added members the site can be stronger and more active.  There may be some internal power struggles or forming of so-called gang later on, the Admins have to do more management  and I trust the Admins can deal with it.

#40 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:37 PM

If you can't trust the judgement of the other three adminss man, who on this site can you trust?

View Post

Hydrogen got to talk with the other administrators, I didn't get a chance. I'm sure I can counter (almost) every arguement noitidart or shadowlink64 put up here.

EDIT:

I haven't heard of neofreaks at all till this notice so I wonder how much trafiics can you add to this merger? But I feel that with new added members the site can be stronger and more active. There may be some internal power struggles or forming of so-called gang later on, the Admins have to do more management and I trust the Admins can deal with it.

Me too. I heard about it last night after it was practically decided. There were many opertunities for them to bring it up to me earlier, why didn't it happen?
They've been around since July, and they only have 10 members with 100+ posts. That defeats the purpose of merging for traffic.

#41 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:39 PM

Hydrogen got to talk with the other administrators, I didn't get a chance. I'm sure I can counter (almost) every arguement noitidart or shadowlink64 put up here.

View Post

so why dont u talk to them now?
[email protected]
[email protected] or [email protected]
[email protected]

you have made an opionion about them without even talking to them..thats not the wu I know, and all of you that havent talked to them...tsk tsk to you too...you havent given them a chance...you dont know them

oh and by the way...I only talked to them about the merge for 3 days..I knew them before that :p

#42 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:43 PM

so why dont u talk to them now?
[email protected]
[email protected] or [email protected]
[email protected]

you have made an opionion about them without even talking to them..thats not the wu I know, and all of you that havent talked to them...tsk tsk to you too...you havent given them a chance...you dont know them

oh and by the way...I only talked to them about the merge for 3 days..I knew them before that :p

View Post

I mean noitidart and shadowlink64, not them.
Not trusting the NeoFreak admins isn't my main point. This is about, to me, that a merge is not the right action for the reasons stated. It doesn't matter how good or bad their admins are.

EDIT: Comon, there are, or were, 19 supporters for the merge at least when LBA made that thread. Speak up!

#43 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:50 PM

;) We are silenced... this is pretty much a gamble... we can merge, and lose members while gaining from neofreak members, or we can stay the same... and get new members that are leechers for another couple months...  :p

Edited by Neo Wizkid, 16 September 2004 - 04:51 PM.

#44 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:51 PM

I mean noitidart and shadowlink64, not them.
Not trusting the NeoFreak admins isn't my main point. This is about, to me, that a merge is not the right action for the reasons stated. It doesn't matter how good or bad their admins are.

EDIT: Comon, there are, or were, 19 supporters for the merge at least when LBA made that thread. Speak up!

View Post

the point of the merge is to bring two communities into one...they bring 200 people... those people tell other people and thats how we grow...why dont you list all the bad things about the merge that you dont like and ill answer as ive already said the good things about it.

#45 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:51 PM

uhh which domain would we be using anyway...?

#46 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:52 PM

uhh which domain would we be using anyway...?

View Post

neocodex.us because it has a much larger name than neofreaks does at the moment :(

#47 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:52 PM

:p We are silenced... this is pretty much a gamble... we can merge, and lose members while gaining from neofreak members, or we can stay the same... and get new members that are leechers for another couple months...  :(

View Post

I gotta agree with Hydrogen that those people saying they are leaving or whatnot because of the merge is I'mature, though. Even though if we do merge Wu wouldn't be quite the happy man either.

#48 favredriver

favredriver
  • 932 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:53 PM

what will happens if they take over, will you have to shut down the boards

#49 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:54 PM

what will happens if they take over, will you have to shut down the boards

View Post

no...I make backups everyday just incase of accidents and I will be doing that after the merge too...we can always bring things back up...you havent spoken to these guys...if you did, youd see how nice they were...

#50 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:54 PM

Mymain concern... we already have problemswith overflowon this board.WOuldn't an increase of probably 20or so activemembers mess us up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users