Photo

Serious Chat About The Merge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

#1 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:12 PM

Incase some of you don't know, we're merging with NeoFreaks (www.neofreaks.net). Reasons given, that I've heard, for the merge are that:
We'll get their traffic
We'll get their programmers
We'll get their staff

I want a serious debate here. I'm against the merge because a merge isn't needed, si'mply said.
We can be sister sites if we want traffic.
Their programmers can always join our board and be programmers here and there. We don't need a merge for that.
I see no reason to get their staff, even if we are understaffed. We can just promote more of our loyal members. Why should we trust them more than us?
And if/when we do merge, and we don't like it, can we really walk out?

I know it's probably already in stone that we're merging, but I just want to be heard out and to voice out my opinion.

Serious comments only, please. Off-topic posting/ranting will be deleted.

#2 favredriver

favredriver
  • 932 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:15 PM

I am saying that if we get to many people from thier, it could make it harder for people here to get a position on the teams

#3 Smeags

Smeags
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:17 PM

I'm going to say I'm pretty nuetral on this after getting all the facts that I have.

Pros
1. Seriously NOTHING, It's been said before traffic and quantity is not what ncdx is about.
2. Level II's will not be private.

Cons
1. Three staff. Hopefully the current admins have evaluated them thourghly.
2. Truely it is not necessary though may POSSIBLY be good.

Overall the only change is three people who have not proven themselves to the general ncdx public will be in high level positions.  Though with ti'me hopefully they can win over some of the people.

#4 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:18 PM

I am saying that if we get to many people from thier, it could make it harder for people here to get a position on the teams

Which would mean in order to get on the team you would have to prove more loyalty. No problems there.

#5 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

[quote name='favredriver]I am saying that if we get to many people from thier' date=' it could make it harder for people here to get a position on the teams[/quote']
That really shouldn't be a problem, theoretically at least, since Hydrogen's idea that it can't get worse with more staff members. Of course, it is unfair for their staff to jump over us.

#6 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

it wont make it any harder...we have already figured out a way to fix that...just havent released a final list of the changes...so you can stop saying that argument :p

#7 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:19 PM

Which would mean in order to get on the team you would have to prove more loyalty. No problems there.

What loyalty has their staff proven? I bet some of them don't even know our url.

EDIT:

1. Seriously NOTHING, It's been said before traffic and quantity is not what ncdx is about.

That's sort of what I mean when I call Hydrogen a wish thinker. He changes his ideas and philosophies based on the situation. Not meaning to insult hi'm in a serious way, though.

#8 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:20 PM

I think we need the merge... we need GOOD new members... there have been only several good members that have joined in a long ti'me... we need the traffic.

#9 ink

ink
  • 2189 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:21 PM

Pros:
Nothing in my view.

Cons:
1. Usage of private programs by non-deserving members.
2. Instant Staff-2-Staff powers
3. Access to retired programs that I am not even allowed to access. (not that I want to)

#10 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

So I'm guessing youre just jealous because you want to make staff?

#11 favredriver

favredriver
  • 932 posts

yes it may be easy to prove more loyalty now because we ar eall friends here, when these strangers come over they may not agree with some of our methods to not cause this

EDIT: I do want to make staff, but I am a long way from that, I am just trying to stick up for the other people that have a chance at it

Edited by favredriver, 16 September 2004 - 04:22 PM.

#12 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

What loyalty has their staff proven? I bet some of them don't even know our url.

u owe me 1 dollar...they do know our url...and they have proven themselves to me, sl and noit...u didnt give them a chance...noits words: "totally go for it!" ... sls words: "I like them a lot...the merge should be one of our best decisions...we will now be able to top all those other sites. rawr"

yes it may be easy to prove more loyalty now because we ar eall friends here, when these strangers come over they may not agree with some of our methods to not cause this

and how do you know that they wont? just because there is a chance of it doesnt mean that we shouldnt go through with it...u arent even willing to give it a try.

#13 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:22 PM

[quote name='Neo Wizkid' date='Sep 16 2004, 05:20 PM']I think we need the merge... we need GOOD new members... there have been only several good members that have joined in a long ti'me... we need the traffic.

[/quote]

A sister site partnership would be more appropriate for that.

EDIT:[quote name='Hydrogen] u owe me 1 dollar...they do know our url...and they have proven themselves to me' date=' sl and noit...u didnt give them a chance...noits words: "totally go for it!" ... sls words: "I like them a lot...the merge should be one of our best decisions...we will now be able to top all those other sites. rawr"[/quote']
You talked with them on MSN. That doesn't prove their moderator abilities. And we can't 'give them a chance' unless we're certain, because what if they aren't as good as we hoped? We can't walk back from a merge.

#14 SiLeNTScReAM

SiLeNTScReAM
  • 1200 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:23 PM

Honestly I totally agree with you, TheWu, how can we trust these people to be loyal. It is very crazy to have to merge with a site that I have never even heard of just because they want to merge into one website, its retarted. If you want more admins then I suggest promoting some of our loyal members up to Admin. I don't think we need all the extra attention either, if they merge then I am sure Neopets will be all up over our website.

End of disbecausesion for me. I HATE THE IDEA

EDIT: I do want to make staff, but I am a long way from that, I am just trying to stick up for the other people that have a chance at it

Who doesn't wish to be a staff member?  :p

Edited by 5941219, 16 September 2004 - 04:24 PM.

#15 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:23 PM

A sister site partnership would be more appropriate for that.

that doesnt create good members...just more accounts...plus...we want to be the best...and we cant do that in the current situation we are in...

Honestly I totally agree with you, TheWu, how can we trust these people to be loyal. It is very crazy to have to merge with a site that I have never even heard of just because they want to merge into one website, its retarted. If you want more admins then I suggest promoting some of our loyal members up to Admin. I don't think we need all the extra attention either, if they merge then I am sure Neopets will be all up over our website.

question for you guys? why are you all so CENSOREDing stupid? u dont even give them a chance...u know what? I think you guys got your wish...after the abuse you have shown them, I doubt they will want to merge with the likes of us....why are we all so I'mmature...you arent even willing to give it a shot...ill take full responsibility if anything happens...but I mean its stupid that you arent even willing to give it a shot.

#16 favredriver

favredriver
  • 932 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:26 PM

that doesnt create good members...just more accounts...plus...we want to be the best...and we cant do that in the current situation we are in...

question for you guys? why are you all so CENSOREDing stupid? u dont even give them a chance...u know what? I think you guys got your wish...after the abuse you have shown them, I doubt they will want to merge with the likes of us....why are we all so I'mmature...you arent even willing to give it a shot...ill take full responsibility if anything happens...but I mean its stupid that you arent even willing to give it a shot.

we r already the best :p

#17 Smeags

Smeags
  • 177 posts

Whats the situation that we are in?

Well I did take a CLOSER look at their site and they seem to have good programers though I don't know if that means anything to anyone becuase thats not really what people are worried about.

#18 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

We SHOULD give them a shot... I also doubt that they will want to merge now that you guys have called them untrustworthy... :p

#19 SiLeNTScReAM

SiLeNTScReAM
  • 1200 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:27 PM

Ok, Hydrogen, honestly what the CENSORED is up with you? I am leaving Codex, just si'mply because of this currently screwed up system, and because of your little comment.

Goodbye.

#20 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

I'm trying to keep calm about it, vice versa for you. And why can't it create good members?
What happened to we know we're the best and we just have to prove it to people (you posted that not even an hour ago).

#21 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Alright dont let the door hit you on the way out. I guess this revelas the tru codex loyalers.

#22 favredriver

favredriver
  • 932 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:28 PM

yeah hydro something is wrong with you, you r usually really nice and wanting to look at both sideds of stuff

#23 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:29 PM

Ok, Hydrogen, honestly what the CENSORED is up with you? I am leaving Codex, just si'mply because of this currently screwed up system, and because of your little comment.

Goodbye.

ok cya...

u should have atleast given them a chance...by the way...maybe u didnt read my thread in the private area but I like it in there because I can say what I want without fear of anyone getting all pissed and going I'm LEAVING!!! THIS SUCKS THE LUX0R!!! u proved me wrong I guess :p

yeah hydro something is wrong with you, you r usually really nice and wanting to look at both sideds of stuff

nothin is wrong with me...I HAVE looked at both sides...and I have made my decision...now I'm trying to convince you guys...but some of you just dont wanna see reason...atleast try them out...what have you got to lose...no staff positions will be harder to attain...their level II wont be getting private here...and they will be admins because we have seen their admin skills in action...its not that they just waltz in here...its that they are trustable and they bring good things to codex.

#24 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:29 PM

God >.< Why the hell are you leaving just because of a little merge that hasn't even happened yet? Rawrl

#25 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:30 PM

hydrogen is being a dick.

Hydro is being honest...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users