Photo

Does the weather effect your mood?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#26 togepi

togepi
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:21 AM

I hate rain. Always a bad mood. I mean, I do, but I don't. Since my hair is curly, all rain ever meant to me before was super frizz and low confidence due to crappy hair. Now that I'm older, I now know how to actually tame my hair, so it's not that big of an issue. Plus, you have to learn to get over it when you're a football cheerleader. Lots of rain. Still have the hatred rooted deep inside me.

#27 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

In the winter it's a steady -20 over here right now and snowing everyday. It makes me stay inside most of the time. My mood is moderately sexy.

Can I get in your pants?

#28 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

Rain usually makes me happy.. I tend to think rain is a good sign :) Until I get soaked. Then I'm pissed >.>

#29 SatansCamaro

SatansCamaro
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

Well, for all of you that may/may not live in tropical areas, Snow sucks!!!!!!!! But only when you have to shovel it. Otherwise it makes you happy. I <3 SNOW!!!!!!!!

#30 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

I hate rain. Always a bad mood. I mean, I do, but I don't. Since my hair is curly, all rain ever meant to me before was super frizz and low confidence due to crappy hair. Now that I'm older, I now know how to actually tame my hair, so it's not that big of an issue. Plus, you have to learn to get over it when you're a football cheerleader. Lots of rain. Still have the hatred rooted deep inside me.

I'm sooo with you on that one. Whenever I would go out in the rain I'd come back in looking like a wet poodle. Now I have a cabinet full of de-frizz mousse, hair spray, hair gel, etc.

#31 ambersnow

ambersnow
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

yes , the gloomyer it is the happier i am. im weird but its true. i luv rain and hate the sun.

#32 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:25 PM

yes , the gloomyer it is the happier i am. im weird but its true. i luv rain and hate the sun.

thats not too weird lol. you are just :thumbsup:

#33 ambersnow

ambersnow
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

thats not too weird lol. you are just :thumbsup:

Awww thank you. good to know. i guess i can stand proud to that

#34 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

We call it SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) when people suffer from depression or long periods of sadness or lack of cheerfulness during winter.
-z-
no sun (lots of rain)
no vitamin D
=
depression X.X

#35 ambersnow

ambersnow
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

I get depressed when its sunny though?
well not depressed but rather like cranky

#36 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

I get depressed when its sunny though?
well not depressed but rather like cranky

i am definitely not a psychiatrist ;p

maybe you have a chemical imbalance in your brain
:: bipolar, depressed, etc

most people feel happier in the sun and thus conversely "down" when it is cloudy and gloomy outside
i would wear a lightbulb hat if i could make it run off of my own energy to keep me happy during the winter :D

#37 ambersnow

ambersnow
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

i am definitely not a psychiatrist ;p

maybe you have a chemical imbalance in your brain
:: bipolar, depressed, etc

most people feel happier in the sun and thus conversely "down" when it is cloudy and gloomy outside
i would wear a lightbulb hat if i could make it run off of my own energy to keep me happy during the winter :D

O im sure there is something wrong with my brain. sall good though, if the world ever comes to and end ill be the one smiling the whole time.

#38 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

Well, for all of you that may/may not live in tropical areas, Snow sucks!!!!!!!! But only when you have to shovel it. Otherwise it makes you happy. I <3 SNOW!!!!!!!!

Where are you? I'm in MA and we've had one pansy snow fall that's starting to melt (it was like 1 inch, not even).

When it snows, I am happy.

#39 ambersnow

ambersnow
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

I luv snow but i dont get it where i live. all i have is sand and Cactus

#40 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

I've never seen snow before :(

#41 ambersnow

ambersnow
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:51 PM

i used to live where it snowed but moved away. i miss it so much. its a 4 hour drive to snow now

#42 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

I've never seen snow before :(

I am shocked, that's most certainly a crime!

Where do you live so that you've never seen one of mother nature's greatest gifts before?

#43 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

Where do you live so that you've never seen one of mother nature's greatest gifts before?

O lord no snow? Do you live like somewhere Britain?

#44 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

No snow for me either. Again, tropical countries suck balls.

#45 togepi

togepi
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:58 AM

We call it SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) when people suffer from depression or long periods of sadness or lack of cheerfulness during winter.
-z-
no sun (lots of rain)
no vitamin D
=
depression X.X

LOL, SAD. Funny. Although, I can confirm this, I ALWAYS get into a deep depression every year in the winter.

#46 carrice

carrice
  • 660 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:09 AM

LOL, SAD. Funny. Although, I can confirm this, I ALWAYS get into a deep depression every year in the winter.

Actually winter a very good season to me
Because where i live its very hot in summers
In winter the cold makes Me lazy but i still like it

#47 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:31 AM

It can- Rain and storms don't bother me much.
Snow, especially in large quantities, can be a major downer if I want to go anywhere. Otherwise I don't give a fuck. I'm happy I was at school when Minnesota got fucking bombed. About 19"... Yeah, fuck that.

#48 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:02 AM

I get super cranky when im in the sun for too long. All that sweat and heat. Just wanna take my shirt off!

Asia's weather suck balls D:

#49 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:14 AM

I'm originally from Los Angeles, California but right now I'm living in San Diego.

I want to, I'm thinking around this time next year taking a trip to Big Bear.

#50 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:10 AM

Feel free to take some of our snow! Cause of the cold and all the snow so many flights are cancelled and I need to go home for christmas.

The only thing affecting my mood is the amount of light per day. I get really cranky in the winters because we only have a couple of hours of light. Rain/Snow doesn't really affect my mood that much, but I hate the smell of rain on a person.. ugh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users