• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#51 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

Wait, you're Irish?

Yeah. He wore a tophat and sung the Lucky Charms Song while dancing an irish jig for us the other day.

#52 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

Anything to distract you guys from my alcoholism and desire to hide pots of gold at the end of rainbows

#53 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

I can't tell if you're serious but if you are:

whale oil beef hooked

#54 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

I can't tell if you're serious but if you are:

whale oil beef hooked

Haha. Got it after saying it like 5 times :p

#55 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

i've met two people i knew online. one was my (now ex-) wife, and another was a friend i knew for about 3 years

#56 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

There are master trolls out there -> chatroulette sometime haha

What are you implying? If the person turns out to be a guy and shows you his dick on cam then you obviously just don't meet up in person.

#57 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

What are you implying? If the person turns out to be a guy and shows you his dick on cam then you obviously just don't meet up in person.

He's not implying anything... As best I can tell, he barely has the mental capacity for a single layer of meaning, let alone multiple.

#58 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

Because you're rubbish and never make an effort :p

I was going to come to Birmingham with you and Suz and Michie, but it clashed with something important, I forget what.

#59 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

I was going to come to Birmingham with you and Suz and Michie, but it clashed with something important, I forget what.

Pff. "Important" my backside.
Like anything is more important than an excursion to Cadburyland.

#60 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

I met a few of my best friends online. :) It's great because we live in the same city, it was just a matter of time that we meet.
I also met my boyfriend of 4 years online. He moved in with me ... it'll almost be 2 years since he moved in with me. I'm not ashamed at all to admit I met my boyfriend online. Using the internet as a medium to meet people has become really the norm. I know a lot of girls you wouldn't expect to use the internet meet a lot of their bfs/gfs/fwb off the internet. In specific, I met my boyfriend off an MMORPG. Haha.

#61 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

Erm does meeting them on facebook count? If so, yes, i've met people from online. But people who weren't very far.
I really wouldn't mind meeting other people online that live further and met in other ways (codex?) as long as i've known them for a long time.

#62 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

Erm does meeting them on facebook count? If so, yes, i've met people from online. But people who weren't very far.
I really wouldn't mind meeting other people online that live further and met in other ways (codex?) as long as i've known them for a long time.

o.o
You add people you don't already know on Facebook?

#63 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

o.o

You've met all the hundreds of people you have on facebook? Friends of friends add me. People from other highschools or even my own school that i've never met. In a highschool of 1500 kids there are many who i don't know.

#64 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

You've met all the hundreds of people you have on facebook? Friends of friends add me. People from other highschools or even my own school that i've never met. In a highschool of 1500 kids there are many who i don't know.

I said "know", not "met.
And yes, I know/knew everyone I have on Facebook.

#65 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

I said "know", not "met.

Well no .. i don't know all 300 people i have on facebook. As long we have mutual friends and they're generally from my area i don't mind adding them.

#66 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

I said "know", not "met.

Jeez. I don't. Most of them I just added because I was into the games.

#67 Seren

Seren
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

o.o

This is terrifying to me. Why do people add someone they don't know? (unless it's like an account specifically for games or something)

#68 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

I used to add random people on FB for games but I sort them into a list which limits their viewing of my profile.

Also, it's easier deleting them now since I don't care about FB games anymore.

#69 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

i've met lots of people whom I've met online first. Never a dating scenario. My husband is in the military so I often chat with people on military forums to find out about locations where we will be going. I have met lots of them in person afterwards. Also, military people are always putting you in touch with this person and that person. You exchange a few emails then next thing you know, you're moving to the same post.

#70 NPFarmer

NPFarmer
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

Im planning on meeting up with a friend of mine online :o I think it should turn out well... Hopefully

#71 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

People really add friends on FB that they don't know? WHY?

#72 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

Holy shit what is the big deal about adding people who go to the same highschool as you or live in the same area? What is so bad about accepting an add from some random kid in grade seven? GG

#73 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

You can use programs to display videos of what the other person sees. It's not just about people showing their dicks unless of course you're interested in those sort of things.

He's not implying anything... As best I can tell, he barely has the mental capacity for a single layer of meaning, let alone multiple.

Please elaborate. I'm not sure the average poster has multiple layers of meanings in their posts or sentences they write. I think you've watched a little too much inception :p?

Not sure why you're so mad.

Because it's kind of fun. When FB first came out everyone with the same name as me added each other =p I eventually deleted them off.. it got kind of weird.

#74 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

Please elaborate. I'm not sure the average poster has multiple layers of meanings in their posts or sentences they write. I think you've watched a little too much inception :p?

Not sure why you're so mad.

I'm fairly certain you've demonstrated my point amply.

#75 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

I'm fairly certain you've demonstrated my point amply.

Hm.. I thought you would have a more original comeback - but it's all good.

Have a good evening my man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users