Photo

Have you met someone from online?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#76 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

Holy shit what is the big deal about adding people who go to the same highschool as you or live in the same area? What is so bad about accepting an add from some random kid in grade seven? GG

I never said it was a big deal - just wondered why anyone would do it.

#77 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

You can use programs to display videos of what the other person sees. It's not just about people showing their dicks unless of course you're interested in those sort of things.

The whole point is to see AND speak to the person before you meet in real life. Since you can't interact with a pre-recorded video verbally, that should be a dead giveaway that the person is, indeed, a fake, and that you should not meet in person.

#78 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

The whole point is to see AND speak to the person before you meet in real life. Since you can't interact with a pre-recorded video verbally, that should be a dead giveaway that the person is, indeed, a fake, and that you should not meet in person.

I'm saying not all video chat works like that. Some just shows the person and you chat in a chat box (eg. TInychat).

No, I agree with your reasoning (although simple) that if you suspect that a person is fake = you should not meet them in person.

However, I have friends, and have seen threads from other forums where people troll others with videos of hot girls and get awesome responses for the lols (search it up on youtube if you're so inclined).

Good observations though, props to you!

#79 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

I'm saying not all video chat works like that. Some just shows the person and you chat in a chat box (eg. TInychat).

No, I agree with your reasoning (although simple) that if you suspect that a person is fake = you should not meet them in person.

However, I have friends, and have seen threads from other forums where people troll others with videos of hot girls and get awesome responses for the lols (search it up on youtube if you're so inclined).

Wow, you completely missed my point. O_o

#80 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

You sound surprised :p

#81 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

Omg. Just.. Facepalm all over you thread.

For one. When using tiny chat, you can use voice and video, so you can easily know if the person is real.
For two. Shes saying. Before you meet someone in real life. See them on cam. Shes not saying to go on chatrollete and do stupid shit. shes saying, meet someone on codex, see them on cam. know that they are who they say they are, and then meet them. Alot less risky.
For three. Just yeah. Leave it be. Okay?

#82 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

I thought I had a pretty detailed response as it seemed like you weren't understanding any of my responses.

So, what is your point? No disrespect, I'm actually wondering what it is :)

I believe our back and forth messages related to the comment that I made about chat roulette. You then responded with: "What are you implying? If the person turns out to be a guy and shows you his dick on cam then you obviously just don't meet up in person".

Like Sweeney so eloquently put it, I wasn't implying anything, I was just making a comment about trolls. You started talking about dick cams (not sure if that's from personal experience or not).

I then elaborated what I meant about trolls -> building on the fact that I made the initial comments.

You posted "The whole point is to see AND speak to the person before you meet in real life. Since you can't interact with a pre-recorded video verbally, that should be a dead giveaway that the person is, indeed, a fake, and that you should not meet in person."

YES you made a point. I recognized that. BUT, surprise surprise if you read what i wrote, I not only agreed with that, but merely tried to further explain what i meant.

Yes? Or is this the multiple meaning responses Sweeney is referring to.

Omg. Just.. Facepalm all over you thread.

For one. When using tiny chat, you can use voice and video, so you can easily know if the person is real.
For two. Shes saying. Before you meet someone in real life. See them on cam. Shes not saying to go on chatrollete and do stupid shit. shes saying, meet someone on codex, see them on cam. know that they are who they say they are, and then meet them. Alot less risky.
For three. Just yeah. Leave it be. Okay?

I'm just making my own points. Really, it's just from my own expereinces, I'm not judging anyone.

For three. Leave it be?

Where I come from, I stick up for myself. If someone makes snide remarks about me - I'll man up and call them on it. Although they did it cowardly, I did not retaliate and stoop to their level.

Although Sweeney is well respected, and i'm sure a great guy - doesn't give him the right to judge others. I've treated everyone on this site with respect and just want to be treated the same. No?

Edited by neobrah, 09 January 2011 - 07:47 PM.

#83 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

Is it really so hard to include all three vowels in my username? They're all the same!

#84 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

Is it really so hard to include all three vowels in my username? They're all the same!

Thanks, and I made the appropriate edits.

#85 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

When I played Farmville I added a bunch of people I didn't know. I just used my group and privacy settings.

#86 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

Pff. "Important" my backside.
Like anything is more important than an excursion to Cadburyland.

How are the bunnies?

#87 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:27 AM

*sifts through the arguments*

I would love to meet some of the people I've met in the past year and a bit, but I'd be a terrible host and don't have time/money to visit others :o

My friend's going to Europe though, to meet some internet friends/go to "epic metal concert". Maybe I'll join her and visit some UK'ers and Germany'ers. :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users