Have you met someone from online?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#26 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

I've met my friend Evan, twice...I met him on CS 1.6...
I met Eric, from here...
And my ex. ugh,

#27 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

I never have, but I have a story if anyone doesn't mind:

My female friend had a male friend named Gary. They were just friends and he came to Canada to visit her. While here, he "fell in love" with her best friend and they had a relationship. He was only here for about 5 days, so he went home and they continued their relationship through the internet, all 3 of them being friends. A few months later, he insisted that my friend's best friend (I'll call her Caity) stop talking to my friend otherwise they would break up. And if they broke up, he threatened suicide. To convince her he was serious, he started hitting his head against the wall until he bled. So Caity and my friend would only meet secretly or text, nothing open like facebook. Then Gary came here and same ol' suicide threats etc etc etc he and Caity are living together. He refuses to get a job so now Caity works two jobs to support them and isn't allowed to go out after work to see friends (which she's not allowed to talk to anyway).

If it were me, I'd just let him die. Who needs that. If I had a picture it'd be easier to show... he's really obese and has a lot of acne.

inb4 tl;dr

Holy shit, controlling people are so fucking retarded. I would intervene in that whole situation. Not if I was you, but if I was Caity's best friend. That's so fucked, I feel so bad for her. :( I hope I never get into one of those situations.

I've met a few people online. One was this kid I met on MapleStory and he was pretty awkward, so we stopped talking. Another was this older guy I met on Tagged, and I'd rather not talk about that. The most awkward experience I've ever had was with this guy I skyped with for months, and constantly texted and one day he came to visit me and he was the awkwardest fuck I've ever met. He was like shaking me and randomly stroking my hair, and telling me I'm beautiful every 5 minutes. That kind of ruined our relationship because I became really distant towards him, but now we started talking again and I think he's visiting Wednesday.

Oh, the best person I ever met from the internet was my ex-boyfriend. Me and him are so close now, 2 years later, that it doesn't even feel like we met online. I had met him on that social networking website Tagged, and he started talking to me and it turned out we lived 5 minutes away from each other so we met a few days after. Too bad he's a total stoner now. It's amazing when you notice the changes in someone over the years. :( This kid was like the beeeessst.

I don't remember the order of meeting all these people, but they've all had some sort of major impact on my life. Except the MapleStory kid. This was all from roughly 2 years ago to present time. I'm always safe about it though. If I have no one to go with, then I'll make sure the meeting spot is in the middle of a mall or something.

#28 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

Holy shit, controlling people are so fucking retarded. I would intervene in that whole situation. Not if I was you, but if I was Caity's best friend. That's so fucked, I feel so bad for her. :( I hope I never get into one of those situations.

Oh believe me, she and i both tried (since my friend is a good friend of mine) but Caity was like "I love him, if he killed himself I might too" and caity used to have lots of friends, who all tried to talk her out of it. She wouldn't listen and that's one of the reasons she had to cut them out from her life (I'm guessing she told Gary what they said to her). She even stopped talking to her mom (she was living with her when she and Gary met) and had to move out. Hence the two jobs.

One whole job probably to feed the fat slob..

#29 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

Lol
I never wanna meet anyone i met from online.
I mean they could have a hot girl for a profile pic but for all i know it's some sleezy fat guy

#30 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

My female friend had a male friend named Gary. They were just friends and he came to Canada to visit her. While here, he "fell in love" with her best friend and they had a relationship. He was only here for about 5 days, so he went home and they continued their relationship through the internet, all 3 of them being friends. A few months later, he insisted that my friend's best friend (I'll call her Caity) stop talking to my friend otherwise they would break up. And if they broke up, he threatened suicide. To convince her he was serious, he started hitting his head against the wall until he bled. So Caity and my friend would only meet secretly or text, nothing open like facebook. Then Gary came here and same ol' suicide threats etc etc etc he and Caity are living together. He refuses to get a job so now Caity works two jobs to support them and isn't allowed to go out after work to see friends (which she's not allowed to talk to anyway).

He sounds charming. Did Caity have really low self-esteem or something? Obese, acne-riddled manipulative fuckwits just aren't most people's ideal.

#31 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

Lol
I never wanna meet anyone i met from online.
I mean they could have a hot girl for a profile pic but for all i know it's some sleezy fat guy

Uhh, there's a pretty easy solution to that problem. Just talk on the phone/webcam before you meet in person.

#32 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:29 AM

That story is pretty freaky =p

I really don't understand how people can stay with others who are so controlling =p

He sounds charming. Did Caity have really low self-esteem or something? Obese, acne-riddled manipulative fuckwits just aren't most people's ideal.

I'm totally wondering this too.... If Caity seriously didn't have anyone else in her life she might settle with this guy?

Uhh, there's a pretty easy solution to that problem. Just talk on the phone/webcam before you meet in person.

There are master trolls out there -> chatroulette sometime haha

Edited by neobrah, 09 January 2011 - 11:29 AM.

#33 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

If it were me, I'd just let him die. Who needs that. If I had a picture it'd be easier to show... he's really obese and has a lot of acne.

inb4 tl;dr

Him hurting himself and those threats are more than enough reasons to get him committed. If he was threatening suicide she should've called the cops, he obviously needs mental help.

#34 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:17 PM

I never have, but my cousin has. It...didn't end very well. So, I don't think I'll be taking that risk anytime soon. It's just a bit weird to me.

#35 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

Him hurting himself and those threats are more than enough reasons to get him committed. If he was threatening suicide she should've called the cops, he obviously needs mental help.

Well of course. Thats the logical thing to do.

But she "loves" him, so she will keep supporting him and give up her entire life for him, and then he will cheat on her and leave her, and she wont have anything, and possibly commit suicide. Hopefully Boggart doesn't forget her.

#36 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

Yes many times over the years.

Meet me in Galveston this spring, homes. 
I'll buy you a pina colada served in a coconut at "The Spot". 

I've met up twice with a Jewish Harry Potter fan from New York, whilst she was in the area for Austin City Limits. We went to the Alamo (which she thought was totally boring and this made me strangely defensive even though I also think the Alamo is boring), went to the Towers of the Americas, talked about random shit, and then went our separate ways.

I'm up for meeting anyone who isn't expecting sex or even a hug from me. 

#37 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

I've met up twice with a Jewish Harry Potter fan from New York, whilst she was in the area for Austin City Limits. We went to the Alamo (which she thought was totally boring and this made me strangely defensive even though I also think the Alamo is boring), went to the Towers of the Americas, talked about random shit, and then went our separate ways.

I'm expecting you to spit on me.

#38 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

:whistling:

#39 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

Friendhungs ftw though. Just enough touching to get a nice feel of shirt-content. :)

#40 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

Friendhungs

Best freudian slip I've seen in a while.

#41 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

Dude. Dont even worry. You got this one in the bag.

#42 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

Psh. Give me a wig and a pushup bra...

Anyways, no I haven't. I haven't even come close. Closest I've been I guess has been over the last couple months. Before that talking on vent was the most personal I'd gotten :p. Now it's like one card exchange and seeing people face to face on tinychat

#43 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

Best freudian slip I've seen in a while.

whoops, oh wow... hehe.

Well, obviously I meant hugs :D

#44 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

Psh. Give me a wig and a pushup bra...

Anyways, no I haven't. I haven't even come close. Closest I've been I guess has been over the last couple months. Before that talking on vent was the most personal I'd gotten :p. Now it's like one card exchange and seeing people face to face on tinychat

Yeah. You in a wig and pushup bra was pretty hot. We all thought it was Cara's friend until you talked in your Irish Accent.

#45 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:38 PM

:hug:
Kay, maybe I'd give certain people a hug.

Yeah. You in a wig and pushup bra was pretty hot. We all thought it was Cara's friend until you talked in your Irish Accent.

What the fuck did I miss, and does anyone have a screen cap?

#46 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

I still can't believe I talked you into rubbing ice cubes on your nipples

#47 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

Erm.. Nevermind about those screencaps. I think it's best I don't know.

#48 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:45 PM

:hug:
Kay, maybe I'd give certain people a hug.

Goddamnit.

#49 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

You took advantage of my drunken state. I hate you for that, but still love you.

Erm.. Nevermind about those screencaps. I think it's best I don't know.

At least 3 guys and 2 girls came while I did that....

#50 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

Wait, you're Irish?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users