Quantcast

Photo

Who hasn't been frozen for ABing?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Who hasn't been frozen for ABing? (127 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you ever been frozen for autobuying

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

Haven't been frozen but then again I haven't used it as much as the others

#27 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

The non-advance setting is pretty safe, so never. I only run it about 4-5 hours a day on two 2+ hours session each though.

#28 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

Can't touch this

Stop.

Hammer time.
Posted Image

Anyway.
I've never been frozen, but I'm patient and not greedy.

#29 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

i lol'ed at your post Punk :D

No never frozen and dont intend to be either :D I like it HOT HOT HOT!!

#30 Narna

Narna
  • 361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:23 PM

I've been frozen once, AB'd straight for around 4-5 hours with 2-3 hour break in between. Not sure why, probably the settings, and the fact I bought like 10-20 UBs in that time. Long time ago though, about 1-2months after I joined. Wasn't a big deal to me, transferred all the items onto 5 alts, all as gifts, and finally sold it to myself, and xfered the money same way back to my main ;)

#31 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

Yep, not in a hurry to get rich. If I was an advanced member I would be saying the same thing.

#32 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

Yep, not in a hurry to get rich. If I was an advanced member I would be saying the same thing.

Are you saying you aren't in a hurry to get rich, and that if you were advanced you still wouldn't be in a hurry?

Or are you saying that it's easy for advanced members to say they aren't 'in a hurry to get rich'?

EDIT: My head hurts

Edited by jaredennisclark, 18 January 2011 - 12:52 AM.

#33 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:53 AM

I ABed on my old main previously, without advanced settings and that was fine. Did get frozen for Score Sending though - wish I still had my account :(

#34 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

I'm not in a hurry to get rich either. At first I was excited to make so much np but after the novelty dies down, it's routine just like anything else.

#35 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:56 AM

Are you saying you aren't in a hurry to get rich, and that if you were advanced you still wouldn't be in a hurry?

Or are you saying that it's easy for advanced members to say they aren't 'in a hurry to get rich'?

EDIT: My head hurts

Your head is making my head hurt. What I'm saying is... I'm not in a hurry to get rich.

#36 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

I've always found this ironic. I've only ever been frozen ABing small books and stamps. When I was really big into legit RSing, I had a 3-month period where I got more money than I could remember in Faerie Dolls, then got iced for "ABing". But when I ABed big stuff, my account went uniced entirely.

I'm not in a hurry to get rich either. At first I was excited to make so much np but after the novelty dies down, it's routine just like anything else.

There's a big hump where you need the initial endowment to raise a BD pet and grab gear, but I can definitely see how the novelty wears off after that.

#37 Sasha

Sasha
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:07 AM

I've been ABing for almost 2 years and haven't been frozen. Been using low buy times as well (occasionally).
My only freeze, some years back, was because I was cheating on multiple accounts and transferring np through shops.

#38 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:46 AM

I've gotten iced once, and another on my shell because i ssed and abed as well.

But so far so good, Though I haven't made any large profits either. Kinda stopped ABing at the moment till my shells mature though :)

#39 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

Well i have been running abrosia for about a month now but very cautiously..
I have not been frozen yet, but i will not be surprised when i do cause i have a feeling it will be pretty soon.
Theres two things that i do not understand though:

1. When using a proxy i can never get anything and i cant seem to find proxys that you dont have to pay $6.50 a month for. Like i dont mind purchasing one for the sake of my accounts
but i would not want to pay that price EVERY MONTH.. that shit adds up. Is there a site where you can just purchase it and not have to pay every month?

2. Secondly, i dont understand how to transfer my neopoints SAFELY. Like if i transfer my neopoints from my shell to my main, won't TNT just see the transaction i made and ice my main too?
So far i havent transfered any of the neopoints off of any of my shells but i would really like to because they are building up and i wouldnt want to lose them :sorry:

#40 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

Well i have been running abrosia for about a month now but very cautiously..
I have not been frozen yet, but i will not be surprised when i do cause i have a feeling it will be pretty soon.
Theres two things that i do not understand though:

1. When using a proxy i can never get anything and i cant seem to find proxys that you dont have to pay $6.50 a month for. Like i dont mind purchasing one for the sake of my accounts
but i would not want to pay that price EVERY MONTH.. that shit adds up. Is there a site where you can just purchase it and not have to pay every month?

2. Secondly, i dont understand how to transfer my neopoints SAFELY. Like if i transfer my neopoints from my shell to my main, won't TNT just see the transaction i made and ice my main too?
So far i havent transfered any of the neopoints off of any of my shells but i would really like to because they are building up and i wouldnt want to lose them :sorry:

1. The reason you can't get anything is because those proxies are terrible. You need to ensure that the proxies you're using are ELITE proxies as well. Read through the following threads, including their replies, and you'll find quite a few suggestions for finding proxies -

http://www.neocodex....ow-to-use-them/

http://www.neocodex....proxy-does-not/

You are going to have to pay for proxies that are fast enough to be used AB'ing. There are some sites that let you pay every 3 months, or for 12 months at a time. I really doubt you'll find one like you described.

2. Try not to transfer NP through shops. I've had the most success converting the NP into ETS items like Baby PB's and gifting them to another account. Otherwise, just use the trading post.
Your 'dirty' shell is going to be linked to your main for sure. I have a technique for avoiding that though -
  • Purchase 1-2 more shell accounts that you WILL NOT use to AB on.
  • When you're ready to transfer NP/Items from your AB'ing shell, transfer everything to one of these new shells you purchased.
  • Let the items/NP sit on this shell account for a week or so. Never do anything illegit on these shells.
  • If that account lasts, transfer either to your main, or to that second 'clean' shell you bought and repeat the process.
  • It's essential that you use an elite proxy for these two 'clean' shells, as well as the main you bought. They CANNOT look like they belong to your main, or your AB'ing shell. That defeats the whole purpose.
This process is time consuming, and tedious. Depending on how much you're making it will save your ass in the event of a chain-freeze though. The whole point is to make it look as if your AB'ing shell is, indeed, AB'ing. You aren't exactly hiding that. However, the items being transferred from that dirty shell to 2+ other legit accounts each on different IP's makes it look as if you're an innocent bystander who happened to have acquired some AB'ing shit. This process has protected my main and actually my AB'ing shells when TNT tried to chain ice me a little while back. (I was caught by transferring 5mill NP through my shops between my two 'clean' shells).

TL;DR - then you're missing out.

Edited by jaredennisclark, 18 January 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#41 chinapple

chinapple
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

I've never been iced before...
I AB on main account... at relatively fast speeds everyday until I get restock banned... then repeat. I pretty much leave it on...
Hahaha...

#42 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

Do you think that I would increase my chances of getting frozen if I rs at magic (legitly)?
I ask because I ab on only one shop (obviously it's not magic), and I think it would be strange that somtimes I were on that shop with a refresh rate of about 8 seconds (ABrosia) and sometimes I rsed in magic with a refresh rate of about 3 seconds (legit restocking).
Actually I haven't restocked in months :unsure:

Why would it be strange? People probably refresh more in magic, to have a better chance at getting the stuff that sells out there so fast.

#43 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

1. The reason you can't get anything is because those proxies are terrible. You need to ensure that the proxies you're using are ELITE proxies as well. Read through the following threads, including their replies, and you'll find quite a few suggestions for finding proxies -

http://www.neocodex....ow-to-use-them/

http://www.neocodex....proxy-does-not/

You are going to have to pay for proxies that are fast enough to be used AB'ing. There are some sites that let you pay every 3 months, or for 12 months at a time. I really doubt you'll find one like you described.

2. Try not to transfer NP through shops. I've had the most success converting the NP into ETS items like Baby PB's and gifting them to another account. Otherwise, just use the trading post.
Your 'dirty' shell is going to be linked to your main for sure. I have a technique for avoiding that though -

• Purchase 1-2 more shell accounts that you WILL NOT use to AB on.
  • When you're ready to transfer NP/Items from your AB'ing shell, transfer everything to one of these new shells you purchased.
  • Let the items/NP sit on this shell account for a week or so. Never do anything illegit on these shells.
  • If that account lasts, transfer either to your main, or to that second 'clean' shell you bought and repeat the process.
  • It's essential that you use an elite proxy for these two 'clean' shells, as well as the main you bought. They CANNOT look like they belong to your main, or your AB'ing shell. That defeats the whole purpose.
This process is time consuming, and tedious. Depending on how much you're making it will save your ass in the event of a chain-freeze though. The whole point is to make it look as if your AB'ing shell is, indeed, AB'ing. You aren't exactly hiding that. However, the items being transferred from that dirty shell to 2+ other legit accounts each on different IP's makes it look as if you're an innocent bystander who happened to have acquired some AB'ing shit. This process has protected my main and actually my AB'ing shells when TNT tried to chain ice me a little while back. (I was caught by transferring 5mill NP through my shops between my two 'clean' shells).

TL;DR - then you're missing out.

Thank you, this is very helpful information :p
But i went through both of those links and i could not find a paid proxy site that allows me to pay for 3+ months at a time.
Could you/anyone recommend a site to me that does please? Cause i honestly can't find one :/

#44 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

Thank you, this is very helpful information :p
But i went through both of those links and i could not find a paid proxy site that allows me to pay for 3+ months at a time.
Could you/anyone recommend a site to me that does please? Cause i honestly can't find one :/

Did you read through the comments?

http://www.eliteprox...m/#professional

Mentioned about 3 pages into Georgina's guide. You have the option of paying up to 6 months with that one. Most every pay-proxy site will offer some sort of a discount if you purchase more than a single month.

#45 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

Yeah i did read through it, reading all of the discussions to better my understanding about how to use proxies and what not. This isn't the first time i've been to these threads.
I have went to that site before and I didnt bother on clicking on the EPS payment information only because i saw the price per month. For some reason i was looking for one
that would have a list of like 3+ month for 29.99 or something on the first page. Thanks for the info AGAIN :p

#46 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

Been iced many, many times. IP banned too. TNT and I don't play nice together.

#47 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

never had any problems.
and will sometimes run the ABer here on this site :/

#48 Reality

Reality
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

Been iced once because I accidentally left my ABer on for like ~20 hours. Aside from that, never. But my buytimes are crap. :/

#49 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

So far without the advance setting im fine. soon.. very soon will test out the advance settings.

#50 iQaLex

iQaLex
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

i started abing with abrosia about a week ago and seems going fine.. no ban and with the default non-advanced member settings it looks pretty safe actually.. rsed some high profit items but still no ubs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users