Photo

What do you collect on Neopets?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:19 AM

After gaining some NP I thought I'd start collecting things for a gallery. I really wasn't sure what so I started looking. Morphing potions are kind of lame in my opinion just because they're usable and rather easy to come by. I figured maybe Chia related things but there's just a ridiculous amount of Chia related items. Later I thought maybe PBs but the problem with that is that I always want to use them. Finally, I thought about stamps. I'd seen how people go batshit over them for no reason so I looked some up. Some of the nicer looking ones are cheap and some of the more expensive ones look like dirt. Rather than argue with it and the fact that the art looks nice on some of them I decided to start collecting stamps.

So... what do you collect on Neopets?

#2 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

I have a thing for collecting the plot-related items.
And when I look into my gallery I remember how epic or how lame a plot was.

#3 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

I have a thing for collecting the plot-related items.
And when I look into my gallery I remember how epic or how lame a plot was.

That's cool. I tried collecting plot books a while back but I never really felt a connection since I wasn't involved in any of them.

#4 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

I collect superbly cute/tiny items or certain items that are by artists I like! I would show my gallery but well..
Heh. Almost anything with 'Little' or 'Tiny' in the name is in my gallery xD
Ever since I was little I've loved tiny things for some reason! :p

#5 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

I used to have a completed fuzzle gallery, including the stamps a while ago. Now I don't publicize it, but I'm collecting r180s and r101s like everyone else. I've paid about 30m so far and from recent sales of items I'm valuing them all at about 34m right now. I plan to get at least another 200m worth in old items.

#6 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

I used to have a completed fuzzle gallery, including the stamps a while ago. Now I don't publicize it, but I'm collecting r180s and r101s like everyone else. I've paid about 30m so far and from recent sales of items I'm valuing them all at about 34m right now. I plan to get at least another 200m worth in old items.

Wow. Uber rich people get all the cool stuff.

#7 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:37 AM

I collect plushies. They're just...Too adorable for words. One for every type unless it's a super ugly/nasty colors type. The little thread lines across it and the expressions...

I've gotten quite a few in my gallery, but not splurging too much yet. Planning to build the account up more and finish up with the dream-customizations before mass-spending on plushies.

Edited by Dichromate, 21 January 2011 - 11:37 AM.

#8 Islane

Islane
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:37 AM

I am not very rich and I dont know what to put in my gallery. I started a straweberry gallery couple years ago. It annoyed me pretty fast and I sold it all. I thought I collect "dance" items, but there are very few. Now I'm thinking what to do.
In the same times I really want the book trophy for one of my neopets. But it costs too many np for me :( My pet read little by little. If I had millions i'll do this first, books to read for my pet. Now I dont do even the cheap ones cause I know I cant afford the very rare ones.

#9 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

I collect plushies. They're just...Too adorable for words. One for every type unless it's a super ugly/nasty colors type. The little thread lines across it and the expressions...

I've gotten quite a few in my gallery, but not splurging too much yet. Planning to build the account up more and finish up with the dream-customizations before mass-spending on plushies.

I personally like the Evil Twin Chia Plushie with his little goatee but the prices on some of them are ridiculous.

I am not very rich and I dont know what to put in my gallery. I started a straweberry gallery couple years ago. It annoyed me pretty fast and I sold it all. I thought I collect "dance" items, but there are very few. Now I'm thinking what to do.
In the same times I really want the book trophy for one of my neopets. But it costs too many np for me :( My pet read little by little. If I had millions i'll do this first, books to read for my pet. Now I dont do even the cheap ones cause I know I cant afford the very rare ones.

I'd say to not work on your gallery until you have something to base yourself off. I read a lot to my pet but I realized I liked the BD more so I pretty much wasted about a mil on books. Then I switched to stamps.

#10 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

I wanted to collect all the wand,staff,rod of novas but I figured the rods are pretty much impossible... So maybe get the wands and staffs for now. Plus also a TT that I got hacked many years ago. But that will take a while.

#11 Islane

Islane
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

Oh yeah sure, I'm NOT starting a gallery if I dont know what to put in it. Since Im not that rich (compared to you) I wont spend my neopoints on things and then change my mind after x)

#12 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

Oh yeah sure, I'm NOT starting a gallery if I dont know what to put in it. Since Im not that rich (compared to you) I wont spend my neopoints on things and then change my mind after x)

I really am not that rich come to think of it. I have like 1M right now but that's from fixing up shells and selling them. Just yesterday I woke up with 400K and ended with 1M. It's all sort of luck for me.

#13 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

I have a great cheese gallery going on what I guess I'd consider my main

#14 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

I collect balloons. There's still some super expensive ones I need to get before I complete my gallery.

#15 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

Retired Books.

#16 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

Wow. Uber rich people get all the cool stuff.

I wouldn't call myself uber rich just yet. If my last account hadn't been frozen, I'd have over 100m in meowclops alone, though. I had no clue at the time those were gonna retire!

Right now I've just caught a few lucky RSes in toys and a small steady profit from ABing, and put 90% of what I earn straight into more obscure investments. The new ticket system wasn't around when I was last frozen, so I'm feeling a bit more confident that if I'm wrongly (or rightly) accused again of something, I'll be ready with as much lawyer talk and evidence I can muster. With that in mind, I'm now planning everything on a minimum of a 2-year plan. Lots of book investments, old random rewards that were unique, limited np wearables. All this I feel will be a slow rising investment that'll have a great future.

#17 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

I wouldn't call myself uber rich just yet. If my last account hadn't been frozen, I'd have over 100m in meowclops alone, though. I had no clue at the time those were gonna retire!

Right now I've just caught a few lucky RSes in toys and a small steady profit from ABing, and put 90% of what I earn straight into more obscure investments. The new ticket system wasn't around when I was last frozen, so I'm feeling a bit more confident that if I'm wrongly (or rightly) accused again of something, I'll be ready with as much lawyer talk and evidence I can muster. With that in mind, I'm now planning everything on a minimum of a 2-year plan. Lots of book investments, old random rewards that were unique, limited np wearables. All this I feel will be a slow rising investment that'll have a great future.

I have a Moonlit Esophagor stamp. Yep. That's about it.

I've thought about investing in the stock market but I always end up being inpatient and just selling it all for less than what I paid for it.

#18 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

Aww.. you have no idea what you're missing. The stock market is reaaaally easy unless you have like multiple shells that get iced periodically.

#19 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

I'm into Onas. I love those little critters.

#20 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

I collect baby PBs, but only for long enough to sell em on here Posted Image lol

#21 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:47 PM

I have a Moonlit Esophagor stamp. Yep. That's about it.

I've thought about investing in the stock market but I always end up being inpatient and just selling it all for less than what I paid for it.

I do the stock market more out of force of habit. I always buy my 1000 shares at 15 np per, but then I don't feel like checking stocks more than once a day, so I set my sell price high enough that I can shovel money into it without having to care about returns. 200 np per stock buyout means selling 1000 stocks covers more than 12 days worth. Plus, since that's only 15k a day, I don't notice the np.

You might like the Food Club. Betting is pretty safe usually, and there are enough highroller guides and betting plans out there that it's pretty profitable. Other than that, wait for the next plot/war, aim for a ton of points (but not in a plot where everyone gets the same amount like the last one), then buy and save high-end plot prizes. If they release a good weapon, those rise pretty steadily after the first year or two.

#22 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:14 PM

After gaining some NP I thought I'd start collecting things for a gallery. I really wasn't sure what so I started looking. Morphing potions are kind of lame in my opinion just because they're usable and rather easy to come by. I figured maybe Chia related things but there's just a ridiculous amount of Chia related items. Later I thought maybe PBs but the problem with that is that I always want to use them. Finally, I thought about stamps. I'd seen how people go batshit over them for no reason so I looked some up. Some of the nicer looking ones are cheap and some of the more expensive ones look like dirt. Rather than argue with it and the fact that the art looks nice on some of them I decided to start collecting stamps.

So... what do you collect on Neopets?

I think you should spend all your nps on a really huge gallery and then fill it with invisible items.

#23 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

Stamps, have two of the stamp avatars :K

#24 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

STD's

#25 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

Stamps, have two of the stamp avatars :K

Aren't all stamp avatars like 200m+?

I have a small (yet growing) gallery of sex toys and Taelia items.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users