vurty
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

no drugs everyone =P

#277 sdjaks

sdjaks
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

I would never in my life, but that doesn't mean I have a problem with others.

#278 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

Never say never bro, that's something life tought me

#279 Fresca

Fresca
  • 514 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

I can't even count how many friends I have who said they'd never smoke that have become everyday users over the past few years. I was into theater in high school and almost all of my theater friends were these kinds of people. Fast forward to college and they'll come over and smoke with me anytime. :)

#280 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

Is your life Justin Bieber?

#281 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

Lol,

Never say never bro, that's something Justin tought me

He also said rape happens for a reason xD jkjk, I'm a very Carpe Diem guy too :)

#282 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

There has been literature published for years on the correlation between heavy marijuana usage and psychosis - that's not even up for debate in the medical community at this point. What the interesting issue is, currently, is whether or not that correlation is causal in terms of the THC causing the psychosis or people who are pre-disposed to psychotic behaviours are more likely to self-medicate via cannabis use.

The most recent studies are suggesting that marijuana can actually CAUSE the psychosis. Which is pretty neat.

Essentially what they found is this: "Dutch researchers followed nearly 2,000 people ages 14 to 24 for a decade, and found that those whose marijuana use began during the study period were about two times more likely to develop psychotic symptoms—like hallucinations and delusions—than those who abstained."

Here's some articles if you're interested:

http://www.usatoday....youth-use_N.htm
http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=13031478
http://www.aolhealth...otic-disorders/
http://www.businessw...day/650474.html

I'd link you the actual study, but it was only released on March 1st in BMJ so you need to pay for access.

My grandmother has never smoked marijuana in her life, & I've been a heavy user for a long time. We have the same mental illnesses that manifest themselves in very similar ways. My therapist used her progression to guess mine. She's been pretty spot on with those guesses.

I really believe those already likely to develop psychotic symptoms are more likely to self-medicate with marijuana. I know quite a few people, like myself, who've found pot helps control their illness a lot better than the prescriptions they'd been previously prescribed. Though, with family doctors prescribing depression medication when they should be referring their patient to a psychiatrist, I can understand this. A lot of times, little is done to actually diagnose mental illness early.

#283 vurty

vurty
  • 208 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

i saw the "never say never" and of course someone beat me to the Justin Bieber reference... always =/

#284 sdjaks

sdjaks
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:33 AM

Is that a bad thing that somebody beat you to it?

#285 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:47 AM

Omg, i didn't want to quote that dude D:. I just said what i felt

#286 vurty

vurty
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:54 AM

Is that a bad thing that somebody beat you to it?

very good point hahaha

#287 offscott

offscott
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

I agree with the second post ^_^

#288 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

I agree with the second post ^_^

Second post in this page or second post in the thread? They're quite different opinions :p

#289 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

Actually, they're pretty similar.

I get high on life every single day.

Other than that, nope.

#290 italkaboutoddthings

italkaboutoddthings
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Ms.Bong and I, spend lots of quality time on Monday nights :)

#291 offscott

offscott
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

I was going for the second on the thread, but they both apply to me

#292 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

Actually, they're pretty similar.

Yup, you're right, i misread.

#293 vurty

vurty
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

Ms.Bong and I, spend lots of quality time on Monday nights :)

"Ms. Bong" that's creative haha:rolleyes:

#294 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

Oh boy, well since no one breached the cocaine one yet.... Hi

KIDDING!!

Getting high is like getting drunk. You can be social, you can be alone, you shouldn't drive. Either way you're basically spent for a few hours. I think there's too much to do to smoke anymore - even in college. A drink here and there is good for me, getting high isn't appealing anymore. I get too paranoid. Life is good. Just make sure you don't have too much of it. Unlike weed, you can die from a Life overdose...

#295 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

I use to get high every day, from grade 10 to 12, I haven't been high since new years now though.. hell I've only been drunk 3 times since new years.. turning over a new leaf? :lookaround:

#296 Narna

Narna
  • 361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

I use to get high every day, from grade 10 to 12, I haven't been high since new years now though.. hell I've only been drunk 3 times since new years.. turning over a new leaf? :lookaround:

Everyday? Why so rich?

#297 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

Everyday? Why so rich?

I can honestly say I've never spent over $200 on marijuana in my entire life :whistling: friends are dealers lol

#298 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:51 AM

I can honestly say I've never spent over $200 on marijuana in my entire life :whistling: friends are dealers lol

Lucky you.

I don't even want to calculate how many thousands of dollars I've spent on weed and pieces over the years.

#299 samcoconut

samcoconut
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

Alcohol as a drug? I've heard many people call alcohol a drug, but I've had reasons to disagree and agree. Whereas, it's not illegal like many other drugs, it does have many effects similar to those certain drugs cause. If we count alcohol, that's a diff story. Thoughts?

#300 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

Alcohol as a drug? I've heard many people call alcohol a drug, but I've had reasons to disagree and agree. Whereas, it's not illegal like many other drugs, it does have many effects similar to those certain drugs cause. If we count alcohol, that's a diff story. Thoughts?

"A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function. "

Alcohol is without a doubt a drug. By the same token, aspirin is a drug but it is without psychoactive properties. I believe the topic at hand is referring to the intake of a substance by which the intent is to cause a positive (albeit subjective) response psychologically. (This includes "I feel good!")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users