• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#76 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

I like it just because it's kind of a cute idea and more importantly it doesn't use the normal art. I think 95% of all the converted pets look hideous. Only some of the ones that have modified shapes are alright. They should really just put their attention into re-doing their art instead of making boring repaints with a few tweaks as new colours. There are plenty of 15 year olds that can do a better job than this.

Snaps to that. I don't like how all converted neopets look like they've copy then pasted then random color slapped onto them.
But I do enjoy the little differences that are actually unique and interesting like transparent and mutant colors. The repeating
pattern colors irks me such as camoflage, speckled, maractite, etc.. Those colors doesn't give the pets much of an edge for appeal to me.
I completely agree with you about 15 year olds doing a better job. The mentorees I have at Big Brothers Big Sisters have better
artistic abilities. If they majored in graphic design in the future, even their converted neopets wouldn't be as bland as the ones
above.

Edited by Keil, 18 April 2011 - 07:51 AM.

#77 Mystery

Mystery
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

Posted Image

8-bit kougra :o

#78 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

It looks like a mouse :/ But that blue color is nice. Still like the chomby a bit more though

#79 Mystery

Mystery
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

It looks like a mouse :/ But that blue color is nice. Still like the chomby a bit more though

I actually like the kougra better :p The tail looks interesting...
Gonna zap kougras from now on xD

#80 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

I dunno. I just don't like the ears. They should be smaller imo

#81 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

They both suck D:

But I like the chomby more, if I had to choose. which is saying nothing/a lot

#82 Islane

Islane
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:35 AM

I prefer Chomby in 8-bit. Kougras really look weird :S

#83 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:38 PM

I prefer faeries. I will never ever own one of these pixellated images from TNT Hell.

#84 Rooshy

Rooshy
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

It would have been cooler if it were a significant upgrade in technology/realism rather than a significant downgrade.

I do like the cartoon style Neopets are done in, and I think making them look realistic would make them worse.
But yeah, 8-bit was too far out there. e.e

#85 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

I prefer faeries. I will never ever own one of these pixellated images from TNT Hell.

I'm having to physically hold back my chomby from slicing you up with his sharp pixels right now.
...and faeries? u kiddin me

#86 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:44 AM

Seriously, you think TNT could come up with a better colour than bloody 8-bit...... seriously....

Both the Chomby and the Kougra look like shit IMO.

Fair enough they may cater for the OLDER generation of neo players but wtf? lol

I swear theyre running low on ideas for new content.

#87 Islane

Islane
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:46 AM

Or not, it's not because you can't understand all the nostalgia with the 8-bit thing that you have to say that about TNT. And for once they please the older players and not the kids... Seriously it's not because you don't like it that TNT is running out of idea.
Personnally it remembers me of the time I was playing mario, yoshi, zelda... All in 8-bit.

#88 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:16 AM

oh i can totally understand the 'nostalgia' behind the 8-bit colour. Believe me, i wasnt born in the 90's....

I too loved playing mario, yoshi (not so much Zelda) when i was a kid and they first came out on the old Nintendo (yes im talking the original Mario on NES).

I just dont see how anyone in their right mind would LOVE to have an 8-bit pet... But each to their own i suppose. I certainly wont own one (unless i get a zap of one, in which case ill sell it, seeing as its SO popular) :p

#89 Islane

Islane
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:40 AM

Its always a matter of taste...
People don't like the same things...
For you it's hard to understand why people love 8-bit for them it's hard to understand why you don't like them.
:)

I wanted to say something else but I can't find the word for it so nvm...

Edited by Islane, 23 April 2011 - 03:41 AM.

#90 Chloee

Chloee
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:44 AM

I prefer the Kougra..
But I don't really like either of them. I prefer nicer looking pets :D

#91 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:46 AM

Its always a matter of taste...
People don't like the same things...
For you it's hard to understand why people love 8-bit for them it's hard to understand why you don't like them.
:)

I wanted to say something else but I can't find the word for it so nvm...

Hey thats all good i dont wish to start a debate about it. I know everyone has their own opinions of the colour. Its just that I dont like them personally :)

Im sure TNTs new colour design will have appealed to the majority of users but im not one of them. Just stating MY OPINION :)

#92 Fresca

Fresca
  • 514 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:27 AM

IA with this reply 100%. Definitely looks like a mouse and, IMO, the Chomby is still cuter! The more I think about it, the more I really want an 8-bit Chomby.

#93 Rooshy

Rooshy
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:53 AM

Am I the only one who gets a mini-eyesore just from looking at the 8-bits? :|

#94 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:09 AM

Rooshy obviously from a few replies in this thread youre not the only one.....

#95 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

I'm having to physically hold back my chomby from slicing you up with his sharp pixels right now.
...and faeries? u kiddin me

*whips out square Eraser tool in MS Paint* I'm ready for him!

#96 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

i like that mouse

#97 Rooshy

Rooshy
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

Rooshy obviously from a few replies in this thread youre not the only one.....

I know a lot of people don't like it, but it actually like, pains my eyes to look at it. v_v

#98 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

I know a lot of people don't like it, but it actually like, pains my eyes to look at it. v_v

It burns! It burns us! *Gollum shriek* I start to get a headache from looking at the 8-bit pets, which is a big reason as to why I don't want one. It'd suck having a pet so deformed that it hurts me to look at it :sorry:

#99 Rooshy

Rooshy
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:22 AM

It burns! It burns us! *Gollum shriek* I start to get a headache from looking at the 8-bit pets, which is a big reason as to why I don't want one. It'd suck having a pet so deformed that it hurts me to look at it :sorry:

Thissss.
Lolol gollum shreik. ;3

#100 Svetlana

Svetlana
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

Strange creatures :o 8-bit is really blury and I doubt it agrees with conception of neopets. . I'm not fan of this colour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users