P90X

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

Gonna try this and get ready for summer.
Anyone else have tried it? I officially start the scheduled workout on Monday.
9 weeks = 3 months, that'll be right on time for summer break.

WHAT DO YOU NIGGERS THINK!?

#2 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:55 PM

Did like 2 days of beach body insanity. The weird jump/dance moves were really annoying so I quit.

#3 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:56 PM

I tried it for three weeks. It will kick your butt (I got the polymetrics one, I think it was called something silly) You'll certainly skip any plateaus and get some hard core cardio in. Good luck! Really worked for me, helped me lose some weight too.

Edit: it was called Insanity.

Edited by ColonelHayden, 26 March 2011 - 08:56 PM.

#4 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:01 PM

Remember to take a self shots every month and update this topic with them

#5 Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

This is really popular around where I live, at least half of my friends have tried it or are doing it now. Most of them don't finish the full 90 days though :p

#6 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

What kind of equipment do you need?

#7 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

truee scot, i need to buy a new webcam, or resort using my neice's nintendo dsi LOL.
and my math isn't wrong i just neglected the fact that i had march break and took out one week not realizing.
( i type the way i talk so whatever goes through my head, comes out here. lol )

yep, apparently doing drugs and alcohol while maintaining a healthy lifestyle
is in (wtf?LOL), and everyone's into fucking workouts and shit while im loafting and gaining flabs. eww.

but I will keep you bitches updated !

What kind of equipment do you need?

Just dumbbells / resistant bands / yoga mat (not mandatory)
the rest, just follow the workout. and im not buying the bands
so i'll obviously have to subtitute some workouts. And i am not going to the gym. ; /
I am a lazy ass -_-

#8 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:40 PM

truee scot, i need to buy a new webcam, or resort using my neice's nintendo dsi LOL.
and my math isn't wrong i just neglected the fact that i had march break and took out one week not realizing.
( i type the way i talk so whatever goes through my head, comes out here. lol )

yep, apparently doing drugs and alcohol while maintaining a healthy lifestyle
is in (wtf?LOL), and everyone's into fucking workouts and shit while im loafting and gaining flabs. eww.

but I will keep you bitches updated !

Just dumbbells / resistant bands / yoga mat (not mandatory)
the rest, just follow the workout. and im not buying the bands
so i'll obviously have to subtitute some workouts. And i am not going to the gym. ; /
I am a lazy ass -_-

I was thinking about starting it once the new semester arrives.

I won't be doing it at home though, most likely at the gym...

#9 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:28 AM

I'd only do it at home. I'd be too embarrassed in front of people to do the Insanity P90x workout. Hopping about like that?... The gym is a point of anxiety enough for me. Hot women are at my college gym, and I'm trying to work out so I can look good and meet one, but they're already there seeing me all pathetic and sweaty... kinda undermining the whole thing... Then again - I think I need some anxiety meds if that's my only fear of working out, haha.

#10 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:28 PM

P90X is fun if you're with friends who don't care about looking like morons, and it works if you're willing to push yourself hard enough to get an actual workout in. I have all the videos, knock down 3 or 4 a week, and flash the X with my arms like the cocaine addicted host seems so fond of doing.

Don't be lazy, keep on it and you can get yo sexy on, just like daddy.

#11 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

I've tried their yoga one. That shit is intenseeeeee it works though.

#12 vurty

vurty
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

My friend did it. He got jacked as fuck haha. It is reallllly hard to keep up with it. Good luck

#13 daboss

daboss
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:58 AM

What does the workout consist of?

#14 Jollyman

Jollyman
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:00 AM

You don't need all that much to start, You need a door pull up bar, some resistance bands, and some free weights. I tried it for like a few days. It works as long as you do the workouts consistently and they also have a diet book and stuff. I gave up on that due to the annoying instructor on the video and just started using my Bowflex. If you know the workouts anything will basically get you ripped. The part they can't sell you is the willpower to continuously do it.

#15 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

You don't need all that much to start, You need a door pull up bar, some resistance bands, and some free weights. I tried it for like a few days. It works as long as you do the workouts consistently and they also have a diet book and stuff. I gave up on that due to the annoying instructor on the video and just started using my Bowflex. If you know the workouts anything will basically get you ripped. The part they can't sell you is the willpower to continuously do it.

This. lol and i never have the instructor talking at all, its always on low volume with full blasting music for concentration.
the difference between this workout is that it's not mine and the fact that these workouts are new to me make them exciting everyday. (since its alternating daily)
just got home, startinggg the workouttt in an hourrr. : )

#16 nubcke

nubcke
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

I prefer Insanity. You look stupid as shit doing it, but boy does it tire you out.

#17 vurty

vurty
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

My friend said p90x was more of a workout than insanity, couldn't tell you first hand though.

#18 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

What does the workout consist of?

It's consists of many different type of exercises. Ranging from standard pull-ups and push-ups to plyometrics, kenpo, and yoga. The program is designed to work out every aspect of the human body. So while you're building muscle you will also be building stamina/endurance, dexterity, and a healthier lifestyle.

#19 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:04 PM

I used P90X ab workout, it's killer.
The rest of the workout didn't fit my goals though, too many calories are burned during the workout

#20 gogetta

gogetta
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

I prefer Insanity. You look stupid as shit doing it, but boy does it tire you out.

*nods* Wanted to try P90X but... I don't have any of the tools required. Did Insanity for a week (lame, I know) but it still kicked my ass.

#21 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

The rest of the workout didn't fit my goals though, too many calories are burned during the workout

I wish I had your problem...

#22 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

why not just eat more and replace them?

#23 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:37 AM

I dislike being at the stage of my early life where my metabolism isn't coasting along like it was when I was 13... Ah well. I've really gotten into yoga. Try incorporating that into you workout schedule, it will help you unwind from the P90X or whatever you decide to go with. You'll get more out of your workouts if you aren't tense and sore from the last one!

#24 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:50 PM

P90X is a great thing to try out, just make sure your eating healthy..otherwise the whole workout is useless. A couple of my friends who are in the army, and marines have tried it and has done wonders for them

#25 jackhammer400

jackhammer400
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

being a body builder for over 20 yrs yes im old! the px90 is prob the only program i can say works out there besides just going to the gym and busting ur hump and taking your supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users