Photo

Gormball Guide

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluehawaii19

bluehawaii19
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

This is my indepth guide to the game of Gormball.

I posted this on Neopets in hopes it would help out people with the game. I know there is an autoplayer for the game available, but since I don't use autoplayers for anything on Neopets, I figured this might be helpful to those interested...

What is Gormball?

Gormball is a game of luck and chance. It is pretty much a game where a group of eight characters gather around and toss around a water-filled balloon that can explode at any time. The object of the game is to be the last player standing (well supporting the last player standing).In order to play, you need to have 20 Neopoints. You also need to choose a character to back. You have the option of eight different character choices.

Thyassa

He is the #1 ranked competitor in the world and I usually have pretty good luck using him.

Ember

If I find Thyassa isn't working for me on a certain day, my next choice is Ember. She doesn't work as well as Thyassa but she is my second choice when it comes to Gormball.

Farvin III

Farvin is my third choice in the game. I usually pick between him or Ember since both do well.

Brian

Brian is ranked #41 in Gormball and was kicked out of a competition for using a rigged ball. I may had tried using him once or twice in the past but never choose him when playing.

Gargarox

Again, not really a character I ever use.

Zargrold

Kind of funny how there are two Grundos in the competition :) He doesn't really care about winning, just being apart of the game. Not a character I have ever used.

Ursula

Not sure how she plays since I never choose her but she might be alright.

Kevin

He was a last minute replacement for Dr. Sloth but is a fast learner. Again, not a character I have used.

How To Play

Gormball is a pretty basic game to play. It can take time to actually play the game but the prizes can be well worth the effort. After you pick a character you want to back, you Play Ball and the game starts.

You keep selecting next and can just keep refreshing the page after that without doing much else until you either win or lose, then restart. If you are the first to play, choose 3 seconds since you have the best chance of succeeding with that.

Depending on how long you choose to hold the ball for, you get points. If you hold for 3 seconds, you receive 6 points. If you hold for 5 seconds, you receive 10 points but are most likely to lose with this option. The points you receive in the game are how many Neopoints you receive. If you actually win the game, the points are multiplied by 4. So, if you win 100 points, you receive 400 Neopoints (if you win), otherwise you win 100 Neopoints (if you lose).

Another way of playing is to use a browser like Opera (I know this won't work in Safari). When you start off, you choose your character, then Play Ball. After you click next once, hold down the return/enter key for a few seconds. This is the same method as refreshing just faster.

What I like to do is combine the method above but when I get down to around 2 or 3 players left, I refresh the page to see what happens. I do this until I either lose or win. You then get to see how many Neopoints and what prize you won (if you won). This method, I find, actually seems to make you win more for some reason. Of course, you can always just play the traditional way of clicking Next 100,000 times, lol :)

During the game, your pet may get bored but this usually takes a while and I have only gotten it a few times while playing. You can't really do much else except stop playing for the day since even switching pets doesn't work (I have tried this in the past and it didn't do anything for me since that pet was also bored).

Bonuses

In the game, you can receive bonus points, which can be good or bad, depending on the bonus that pops up. Some will give you points, like the Electric Gormball or the Pink Gormball while the Steel Gormball takes away points from you. Because of these bonuses, your score in the game can be really high or really low.Depending on what your score in the game is, the bonuses while increase. If you have a score of over 30, your bonus points are much higher than what they would be with a score of around 10.

Prizes

If you win Gormball, you receive Neopoints and a prize. The prizes can be something dinky worth very little or something amazing. You can also receive random events while playing since you are constantly refreshing.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Do you all enjoy playing Gormball? It is my main source of income on Neopets (aside from Dice-A-Roo).

Edited by bluehawaii19, 29 March 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#2 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:05 PM

We have a Gormball Autoplayer that works quite nicely.

#3 bluehawaii19

bluehawaii19
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

We have a Gormball Autoplayer that works quite nicely.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the post above, lol :)

I wrote this guide for those that don't wish to use the autoplayer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users