Photo

Altador Mini Plot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

This is to help with finding the last constellation while your trying to get the right combination of gears jammed with rocks.

One of the guides I've read, described to take is to try each gear and make a note of which gear controls which side. However since it's hard to remember which gear is the best I have developed a method that worked for me first try.

You'll need:
Pen
Paper

First, Draw two sets of five circles. The layout of the circles should resemble like on a dice. So that the circles are in a X-shaped pattern.

Spoiler

These represent The locations of the gears in the basement.

Okay, now you can try each gear ONE AT A TIME.
Put a rock in a gear, then click the button to close the roof. (Its best to keep two tabs open, one for the basement, one for the button)
Draw the result on the circle coresponding to the gear. Try to make it look as close to the way it looks from the page viewing it.
Then remove that rock and try another gear.

Repeat this step until you have tried all but ONE.

Once you have tried 9 different combinations, Look and see which ones open the right side furthest with NO movement allowed for the left side.
Take your three rocks and place them in the gears that open the furthest. (Since you haven't tried one of the gears, if one gear isn't set so it looks like the hands on a clock when 1 or 2, use that gear)

This is an ALMOST garanteed method of solving it first try, since you can't try all 10 gears before it resets the x factor is that gear.
Spoiler

Gears that most likely open it will look like hands on a clock at the following times:
1:00
2:00
2:30

The top part of the right side will be in the same or similar position as the hour hand on the clocks.

I know most of you have probably solved or are done with this by now, but hopefully this helps someone who is about to forgo this step.

Edited by Xwee, 09 April 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#2 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

Nice guide although I had a simpler way to find it that didn't require me to write anything down. If I tried to explain it it'd take too long though :p

#3 trixz1

trixz1
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

just finished the plot finally yay!! nice guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users