Photo

Advanced member status

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#126 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

I don't think it's very fair to suggest requirements that you don't meet and assume that you get grandfathered in.

If you've been following this thread,
then you would understand that it was 500 posts OR xx posts + xx rep.
And honestly, I haven't used ABrosia in like forever.

#127 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

I'm pretty sure if you cared about gaining reputation you would get to know the community instead of making craploads of really shallow content posts. At least have the decency to spread them out.

Edited by Neoquest, 24 May 2011 - 07:36 PM.

#128 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Stealing avatars is srs business.

#129 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:52 AM

You each are one of the following:

A sorry ass son of a bitch who steals someone's avatar, lacks the grace to admit it, and stinks up the board with his inane bullshit.
shit.

WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU? Fucking slut.

Anyways! This thread is just a clusterfuck of, well, at one point just about clusterfucks pretty much. I asked SL to come in here and throw his opinion so we could close this but I don't think he reads a single word I write, so continue spamming!

Oh and I only have 18 rep. You guys value my opinion tho, rite?

#130 niccolopogi

niccolopogi
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:23 AM

Im advanced and you're not, suck on that.

I've got rep, you've got none, suck on that.

Once again you show your lack of ability to have logic above your emotions, why would anyone steal an avatar from a forum, and use it in the same forum where he hopes to get some reputation in? And back then the argument was that if I were to admit that I stole the avatar, I would not be able to gain my 500 for some reason or another, related to not being popular or something.

Well I've reached my 500 posts now and have no more reason to "maintain" I didnt steal your avatar. But guess what, no, I stand strong on my stand, I did not steal your avatar. I have already apologized to you for the coincidence, and that ought to be good enough for you.

Obviously you're one who would steal an avatar from a forum and use it in the same forum where you hoped you'll get some reputation. Yeah you've got rep already, FOR BEING AN IDIOT. Good job.

I think you mean in your second paragraph that since you've already reached 500 posts here, you have no more reason to participate in meaningful conversations here. Not that you've been in one anyway.

An overhaul to the advanced status requirement here would minimize the idiots/danielfromburn spamming for advanced status. Something that older members have some influence on would be really useful. Rep requirement is the only thing I could think of right now. I'm trying to stay in topic but pwning danielfromburn is much more fun :p

#131 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

You only have three points of rep^^^ lol...

#132 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:39 AM

You only have three points of rep^^^ lol...

I was going to say that 3 rep was better than none, but I trotted over to Dans profile and saw he had 4 rep. My smart Aleck remark failed before I had a chance to post.

Then I started to worry how he even got rep in the first place.

#133 niccolopogi

niccolopogi
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

I was going to say that 3 rep was better than none, but I trotted over to Dans profile and saw he had 4 rep. My smart Aleck remark failed before I had a chance to post.

Then I started to worry how he even got rep in the first place.

I don't really care that he had higher reputation points than me, or my reputation points for that matter. The fact remains that danielfromburn is known around here for being an idiot. And that is his reputation :p

I would rather be an unnoticed unadvanced member here than be an idiotic advanced member who only reached advanced because of spamming and idiotic posts. I learn a lot around here and that is worth more than my reputation.

#134 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

I would rather be an unnoticed unadvanced member here than be an idiotic advanced member who only reached advanced because of spamming and idiotic posts. I learn a lot around here and that is worth more than my reputation.

Don't worry you'll just have a reputation of someone who is a whiny bitch instead.

#135 italkaboutoddthings

italkaboutoddthings
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

Doesn't this site already remove comments with a certain amount low word count? Even a long paragraph could be consider spam. if you consider the fact that the same "help" in certain fields are constantly being reiterated than being repped by those who don't browse around for an existing answer. All these "help again" comments should result in a lost of a post and lost of rep. You could utterly use common sense to realize if a person is spamming, how about instead of this topic. You do your part in reporting said individuals instead of making the already difficult achieving system more frantic.

Existing idea's in this topic come roaming all over again.

1. Rep system
2.Contest system
3. Length an help system
4. Recommendation system
5. Post with rep system

These have already been suggested years back, if anything this topic,could be considered spam. Same ideas, different people, repetition. Sounds like contradiction to me. If any of these were viable, they would already be in place. Just leave it to the old system, report, auto deduction. N just have fun, because honestly these spammers are the life of this site. They keep post going imo, with their ideology n trolling n sly comments.

#136 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:52 PM

ROFL don't you just feel it burning niccolopogi.. Talk about self pwn. Although I made a fuck lot of posts that were of no real use to anyone, I HAVE helped some at the very least. Well at this point of time I've got nothing more to say to you as like I said.. You pretty kicked yourself in the face for me ROFL.<br>&nbsp;Btw niccolopogi, spam posts get removed. Just saying.<br>

Edited by danielfromburn, 25 May 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#137 niccolopogi

niccolopogi
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

Don't worry you'll just have a reputation of someone who is a whiny bitch instead.

I'll take that rather than be "a sorry ass son of a bitch who steals someone's avatar, lacks the grace to admit it, and stinks up the board with his inane bullshit." :p

ROFL don't you just feel it burning niccolopogi.. Talk about self pwn. Although I made a fuck lot of posts that were of no real use to anyone, I HAVE helped some at the very least. Well at this point of time I've got nothing more to say to you as like I said.. You pretty kicked yourself in the face for me ROFL.<br>&nbsp;Btw niccolopogi, spam posts get removed. Just saying.<br>

Oh, you thought of that being a self pwn? I took that as a compliment since it was way better than what you are known around here. You're already pwned a lot around here I don't really need to add more. And of course I know spam posts get removed. I'm waiting for all of your posts to get removed. If mine get removed, I don't really care.

EDIT: Tinkered with the settings and found an ignore user option. Bye danielfromburn. I don't have to deal with you anymore. This would clean the board up nicely :)

Edited by niccolopogi, 25 May 2011 - 04:52 PM.

#138 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

I've tried to avoid this topic since it's been talked about so much and it's not like my input would affect the decision...Either way I strongly don't think advanced membership should be based on rep points.Why? Because other than the stuff mentioned before (scot's graph is awesome). People tend to rep the people they like more than those they don't.....

#139 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

I've tried to avoid this topic since it's been talked about so much and it's not like my input would affect the decision...Either way I strongly don't think advanced membership should be based on rep points.Why? Because other than the stuff mentioned before (scot's graph is awesome). People tend to rep the people they like more than those they don't.....

then explain why I get rep. I'm an ass and the only person who likes me is maha.

#140 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:58 AM

then explain why I get rep. I'm an ass and the only person who likes me is maha.

You sucked a lot of dicks.

#141 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:36 AM

You're only an ass to the noobs like the rest of us. I feel like repping random posts from this day on.

#142 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

You're only an ass to the noobs like the rest of us. I feel like repping random posts from this day on.

Explains why I just got rep.

#143 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:25 AM

Explains why I just got rep.

I genuinely agreed with and thought your post was helpful.

#144 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

I'm not an ass too noobs; I'm an ass to stupid people, who generally are noobs. I'm extremely friendly to people who ask valid questions or help people around here.

Edited by Boggart, 26 May 2011 - 09:26 AM.

#145 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

I'm not an ass too noobs; I'm an ass to stupid people, who generally are noobs. I'm extremely friendly to people who ask valid questions or help people around here.

Fair enough but I believe that still applies to all of us.

#146 without123

without123
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

You could have people apply for advanced membership instead of getting them automatically
Requirements would have to be given, of course. o.o

#147 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

You could have people apply for advanced membership instead of getting them automatically
Requirements would have to be given, of course. o.o

Already said that nigger. I still repped you though, part of my random repping. Congrats.

#148 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

You think you are an ass but you are not, in fact you are too soft.

Edited by Scot, 28 May 2011 - 10:06 PM.

#149 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:35 AM

You think you are an ass but you are not, in fact you are too soft.

that's what she said QQ

and I use the term "ass" more loosely (I think that's a bad choice of words) because IRL I'm generally nice to everyone o.o So I usually feel like a jerk when I'm ass on the internet

#150 seraph

seraph
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:27 AM

Or we could just ban the people who are obviously spamming like crazy for advanced. Maybe some warnings first. The current system works fine for the most part, there will always be a few idiots trying to cheat the system no matter how you change it. Just gotta be harsher with em.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users