Photo

Neocodex Item Database's "last spotted" function

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 autrefois

autrefois
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

An item in the item database has "last spotted" information, telling the user when the item last popped up on an Abrosia autobuyer.

Isn't this a dangerous function?

If a big item stocks that doesn't stock very often, TNT could simply look this up, essentially telling them whether or not this item was autobought, and ban whoever bought the item.

Or am I being paranoid?

#2 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:32 PM

Or am I being paranoid?

This.

#3 autrefois

autrefois
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:44 PM

I know that TNT probably does this, but Im also arguing that nothing is stopping them. If I were to get work at TNT in Glendale, and somebody assigned me to prevent cheating, this is one of the first things I'd try to do. Write a program to check high-profile items that have recently restocked to the Neocodex item library, and if you find a match, follow the item ID to the user who bought it and flag their account.

#4 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

"Last spotted" doesn't mean bought. It means "spotted". Oddly enough.

They (probably) won't freeze everyone who saw the item in the shop.

#5 1337ccy

1337ccy
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

It just show the time of the item when they restock.

It may be not abed or the autobuyer just meet the item but cannot get it

#6 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

Last spotted does not mean "last bought by". And "last priced by" does not mean "last spotted".

#7 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

I know that TNT probably does this, but Im also arguing that nothing is stopping them. If I were to get work at TNT in Glendale, and somebody assigned me to prevent cheating, this is one of the first things I'd try to do. Write a program to check high-profile items that have recently restocked to the Neocodex item library, and if you find a match, follow the item ID to the user who bought it and flag their account.

Its a good thing you aren't TNT?
If TNT did this, then we'd all be frozen.

#8 autrefois

autrefois
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

Oh okay.

for some reason, I didnt think that last spotted meant last spotted...

well. Shows over then, good game guys.

#9 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

An item in the item database has "last spotted" information, telling the user when the item last popped up on an Abrosia autobuyer.

Isn't this a dangerous function?

If a big item stocks that doesn't stock very often, TNT could simply look this up, essentially telling them whether or not this item was autobought, and ban whoever bought the item.

Or am I being paranoid?

It just notes that the Abrosia saw it. It gives no indication that Abrosia bought it or not.

#10 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

Even if it did mean last bought by

Posted Image

#11 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

You realize how many legit accounts would be frozen?

They might do this though, who knows. TNT doesn't really care if you cheat or not, they just love freezing.

#12 batryn

batryn
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

You realize how many legit accounts would be frozen?

They might do this though, who knows. TNT doesn't really care if you cheat or not, they just love freezing.

Yep. Random bans everywhere too. I think there's like a 3 to 1 rule over there. For every 3 people who are cheating and is frozen, 1 is actually legit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users