Done:
Posted Image

Day after:
Posted Image

#fuckyeah

Edit: LULZ YES IM A FAT.

Edit#2:
Spoiler

This is my family crest. I'm very proud of my heritage and wanted to use this design..but I really wasn't too fond of the specifics on it - specifically how rough it looks.
Posted Image
Then I found this. And I really liked the design - but it was a little too different. So I had my artist create a mashup...and this was the result:

Posted Image

And that was it.
Left side banner is destined to have my last name - "Gunter" - in Old English, and the right side is to have my birth year - 1991 in roman numbering. "MCMXCI", also old english.
Hopefully my kids will be of the same mindset as me...and be as proud of their heritage as I am - and get this same design done somewhere - only difference being the roman numbering.

It's not finished - text needs to be done, and so does the shading. Two hours were done last Tuesday - 4 hours left.

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

looks good man. Is that your family crest or something? i wanna get mine done on my chest above my heart. Ive got a couple more planned before then though. Ive currently only got one on my shoulderblade. Theyre addictive, so dont be surprised if you get a craving for more XD

#3 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

Is that like a family crest?

#4 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

It looks cool. Not too fond of the shield at the bottom though.

Now I want a tattoo......how old are you by the way?

#5 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

I thought it said "MEMES" on the right banner. :p

Care to say why you went with this?

#6 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

It looks cool. Not too fond of the shield at the bottom though.

Now I want a tattoo......how old are you by the way?

I'm 20...
honestly if you have any semblance of pain tolerance it feels like scratching yourself quite hard with your fingernails. And feels like a sunburn for a couple days after.

looks good man. Is that your family crest or something? i wanna get mine done on my chest above my heart. Ive got a couple more planned before then though. Ive currently only got one on my shoulderblade. Theyre addictive, so dont be surprised if you get a craving for more XD

Is that like a family crest?

I thought it said "MEMES" on the right banner. :p

Care to say why you went with this?

Answered this stuff in the edit. :)

#7 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

sweet idea man i love it. Im getting my sons name on my forearm next in old english. See example below that i photoshopped just before.

Posted Image

Either that one ^^^^^ with vertical lettering

OR

This one with horizontal lettering

Posted Image

#8 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

I'm 20...

OK. When I hit 20 I'll get a tattoo!

Now I need to decide on what tattoo....hmmm.....then again. 20 might be too young. If my parents see it they still might kill me....

How do you get a family crest? Do all families from Britain? (not really sure where they're from) have one?

@strat: I like the sideways one more....but what happens when you get more kids?

#9 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

Now I need to decide on what tattoo....hmmm.....then again. 20 might be too young. If my parents see it they still might kill me....

How do you get a family crest? Do all families from Britain? (not really sure where they're from) have one?

@strat: I like the sideways one more....but what happens when you get more kids?

Gotta be 18 for a tattoo or have a parent present to give consent...I don't know why people are so against body art. I'm totally opposed to obnoxious piercing and profane tattoos (whether they can be hidden or not), but art...is well, art. I won't get anything that can't be covered by a pair of pants and a long sleeved shirt.

#10 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

Any plans for future ones?

#11 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

@ Kuro: haha dont worry, we're only planning on having one more so that will go on the other forearm (im screwed if we get twins though haha)

I too, like the horizontal one :)

Not too sure whether to add any design around it, but i think ill just keep it a clean tat.

#12 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

sweet idea man i love it. Im getting my sons name on my forearm next in old english. See example below that i photoshopped just before.

Posted Image

Either that one ^^^^^ with vertical lettering

OR

This one with horizontal lettering

Posted Image

You should never get a tattoo of someone's name on yourself. What if you two break up? Who's this Jayson guy?

But anyway if you have twins you could put on the back of your leg xD

Why wait till 20? It's legal after you're 18 in Canada.

#13 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:42 PM

You should never get a tattoo of someone's name on yourself. What if you two break up? Who's this Jayson guy?

But anyway if you have twins you could put on the back of your leg xD

Why wait till 20? It's legal after you're 18 in Canada.

I know this! But i love him sooooo much, we will NEVER break up XD

#14 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:43 PM

It's hard to break up with your child... That statement just sounds wrong.

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

I know this! But i love him sooooo much, we will NEVER break up XD

That's what I thought. Now I have an Aisha tattooed across my back...

#16 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

I like the design and the concept. I actually considered getting something similar but had a better idea for mine... I really love my family "motto". It's "orbis non sufficit" (The world is not enough) I actually thought about having the image (I believe it's Atlas) but basically the man bearing beneath the weight of the world on his shoulders and having that in like a scroll at the bottom...

I actually was just now on my drive home from work, though, and was thinking of how I sort of regret my only tattoo... I mean, I don't really regret it... Most of the time, I don't notice it exists... but when people do see it, I get lots of questions and most frequently is the "Is that the eye from tool?!" or "So you're a huge tool fan, huh?" (Because the artist Alex Grey who designed the cover art for Tool's 10,000 days album is the artist of the original design.) Oddly enough, the reason I even was thinking about my tattoo on the drive home was because I had been listening to a lot of tool lately... :p

Here is a bad quality photo of it, but you'll at least get the idea of the only tattoo I do have. :pPosted Image

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

answering only in .gifs is only funny when certain people do it...

and when it's actually funny...

#18 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Any plans for future ones?

I'd definitely love to get more - but not sure what.

However...I totally just remembered that this is actually my second - but my first quality / share - worthy piece (obviously, if I forget that I even have the first.)

Not quite sure what the point of donald's gif was though.

#19 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

I'm not even sure what the gif response meant :/

#20 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:53 PM

It meant +1 to his post count. ;)

#21 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

I'd definitely love to get more - but not sure what.

However...I totally just remembered that this is actually my second - but my first quality / share - worthy piece (obviously, if I forget that I even have the first.)

Not quite sure what the point of donald's gif was though.

Yeah, the trouble with getting tattoos is you've got to have a good idea first.

Posted Image

#22 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

I'm toying with the idea of getting a tattoo of a care bear or Sonic the Hedgehog! :)

Not a fan of massive tattoos like that across the back like that, but hey it's your skin! :)

#23 Niche

Niche
  • 2521 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:42 AM

I wont a tattoo on my lower back of music notation

#24 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:16 AM

I'm toying with the idea of getting a tattoo of a care bear or Sonic the Hedgehog! :)

Not a fan of massive tattoos like that across the back like that, but hey it's your skin! :)

Sonic tattoo would be awesome. I think you might regret the carebare down the road... xD

#25 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

Done:
Posted Image

done? you mean it will stay like this? looks pretty unfinished to me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users