Quantcast

Photo

Do you take off your shoes when you enter a house?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you take off your shoes when you enter a house? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you take off your shoes when you enter a house?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

So do you?
I do.

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

why is this in general chat? shouldnt it be chitchat?

But in asnwer to your question, it depends if the owner of the house takes theirs off first, or they ask me to. Otherwise i dont.

#3 Bips712

Bips712
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

I always have. Never have I been in someone elses house where they wear shoes while inside. But if they did, I would probably do the same thing.

#4 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

There should be a poll option for "I'd like to kill you very slowly with a variety of sadistic instruments of torture".

#5 SiameseDream

SiameseDream
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

I wear sandals.

#6 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

I do, it seems kinda weird not too. I agree this should be in chit-chat.

#7 Vyers

Vyers
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

yeah, i do.
there have been a few instances where the homeowner would turn around and ask me what the F i am doing though.

#8 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

Yea.... just depends on if the members of the household do or not. If they do, I will too, since leaving them on would be pretty rude.

#9 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

There should be a poll option for "I'd like to kill you very slowly with a variety of sadistic instruments of torture".

If you say things like that, they won't let you teach the kidz any more.

Umm, in my house yes, in my brother's house no (if I do, their puppy tries to eat my feet, then gives up and wrecks my shoes), in other houses - depends on what the other person does but preferably not. I don't really like being barefoot.

#10 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

It really depends. Almost every house that I went to when I lived in America, we kept our shoes on unless they were dirty/muddy. In Canada, just about every house I've been to, you always take your shoes off. When I was in America, I honestly thought it was an Asian tradition. Clearly, it just makes more since as you don't need to clean your floors as often.

#11 Currant

Currant
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

YES! It is really rude to leave your shoes on in someone's house, and it's just nasty.

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

Things must be different in the states then. We dont bother taking ours off unless the owner does or asks us to. (or unless our shoes are dirty of course).

#13 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

I always do, my feet are always more comfortable out of the shoes, and I just see it as being rude if I'm at someone else's house and they're left on.

#14 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

Yes.

#15 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

i guess when you put it that way mate yeah i would rather people take their shoes off in my house. Ill gladly do the same for them but i figure that if they leave their shoes on and dont ask me to take mine off, why bother? I generally walk around the house without shoes on at home but dont care if others keep theirs on. Only if theyre clean though. XD

#16 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Shoes off always. Have you seen those ads about getting dirt out of carpets?? I don't think people have the time or money to keep on getting stuff off them. It's respectful and courteous to do so unless the host/ess tells you otherwise. If that person removes the footwear, then you should too.

#17 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

Same story as Tetiel for me. (minus the canada part...) At least in my part of texas, no one removes their shoes when they come in. (With the exception of asian families... I always remove my shoes and they would always do so even when not requested...

As for me? I take my shoes off indoors, but not to keep the carpets clean, because I don't like wearing shoes.

So, if I go in someones house and they have spectacular looking carpet, I'll ask... but generally, I'll just do whatever they do. Taking your shoes off in some peoples houses gets you a lot of weird looks or people ask you wtf you are doing. :p Some people ask that you actually don't take off your shoes because of either A) They worry your feet may smell but mostly B) They believe your feet are much dirtier than your shoes and they don't want your germs on their carpets. :p

/rambling because I'm on the phone while typing.

#18 MetalVender

MetalVender
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

I usually take off my shoes but if the owner of the house says its fine then i listen to them but most of the time i usually only wear flip flops so its not that big a deal to take them off

#19 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

What the fuck. You always have to take off your shoes..... What if you're in a house with carpet? Honestly.
My mom and dad used to take out the belt if I ever forgot to take my shoes off before entering the house.

But yeah, that's Russians for ya.

#20 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

The only times I take my shoes off are when I shower, go to sleep, or when the doctor tells me to.
Feet are disgusting. If I invited someone to my house and they took off their shoes, I'd unfriend them and kick them out.

#21 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

In my house, I take my shoes off. In other people's house, depends if they take their shoes off or if it's a short or long stay

#22 Buba

Buba
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

I always wear my shoes no matter where I go I need either shoes of socks on at least

#23 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

What the fuck. You always have to take off your shoes..... What if you're in a house with carpet? Honestly.
My mom and dad used to take out the belt if I ever forgot to take my shoes off before entering the house.

But yeah, that's Russians for ya.

OMG You too???

My mom's full blood Russian so yeah.... shoes always off... only reason i voted depends is because I went to a friend's house just recently and took my shoes off and they were like WTF?? so I put them back on ;)

#24 nugget111

nugget111
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

I remove em ..always..

#25 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

If I go any further than the welcome mat I take my shoes off. I feel like it's rude and rather unsanitary to walk around someone's home with shoes that possibly stepped on a dead bird or something while I was walking over.....

I have never known anyone who doesn't take their shoes off when entering a home. No one really requests to leave them on or off (unless you're doing like construction work or something). Everyone just takes them off lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users